Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

New Blessings - The end of homogenized raid buffs?

So we now have 3 main blessings, and instead of being a raid wide buff, they seem to add more flavor:

Blessing of Kings: Name Changed from Blessing of Kings [NYI] to Blessing of Kings. Places a blessing on an ally that grants them an absorption shield. It absorbs up to 333 [*130.6% of Holy Spell Power* damage, and will be refreshed to full strength every 6 sec, even if fully consumed. Limit 3. 30 yd range. Instant. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.

Blessing of Might: Name Changed from Blessing of Might [NYI] to Blessing of Might. Places a blessing on an ally that causes their attacks to have a chance to deal an additional 333 Holy damage. Limit 3. 30 yd range. Instant. 10% chance to deal 30% additional damage as Holy. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.

Blessing of Wisdom (New): Places a blessing on an ally that causes them to gain 1% of maximum mana every 15 sec, and have a chance when damage is taken to be healed for 5% of maximum health. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. Instant.

So now we seem to get three single target blessings that can be put on specific targets, to grant them a useful buff. And they're flagged as Ret only!

raid spot secured!
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2015-12-03 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Please refrain from excessive use of font tags.

Keep in mind that you can only have 3 up at once, and assuming Might can proc off anything it's a 3% dps gain to one guy. So 3 putting mights up is only 9% of a dps

I'm curious if these will make it live, we saw that Mark of the Wild is in a similar form (+5% to primary stats can only have 1 up), but the way these are I suspect the optimal strat would be to just stack dps buffs on whoever is best for a certain fight

Deleted
    I think they are retarded and want them out asap.

These are gonna come at a cost in DPS i dont want to have to pay. Why? Because otherwise everyone will stack rets for the buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

These are gonna come at a cost in DPS i dont want to have to pay. Why? Because otherwise everyone will stack rets for the buffs.
    "stacking rets" and "taking 2-3 rets for their buffs" are two different things. More information is required before a judgement call can be made on exactly what kinds of compositions people will be making for the future raids.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    "stacking rets" and "taking 2-3 rets for their buffs" are two different things. More information is required before a judgement call can be made on exactly what kinds of compositions people will be making for the future raids.
    If rets do as much damage as other melee and bring 3 buffs... who are you gonna bring?

Look. i'm a ret. I know this is crazy good, but i also know that i prefer to be taken to a raid cause i'm a good DPS and not because i'm the overpowered buff bot.
    Knowing Blizzard though, they will make us pay a penalty for this, as it makes no sense otherwise. I hate that idea, so i would rather they were scrapped.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, be mad everyone else. Ret got something nice.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Pretty cool imo. Hope other classes get some buffs like this as well.

I'm wondering if these can be self-cast, and if you can have more than one up at once (obviously for solo/2-player-group reasons, and PvP where you want Kings on the guy who's being trained).

Of course in raid it looks like Kings goes on the active tank, Might on the top DPS (or on yourself, to be selfish), Light on the healer that needs mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans the Skeleton View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]So we now have 3 main blessings, and instead of being a raid wide buff, they seem to add more flavor:

Blessing of Kings: Name Changed from Blessing of Kings [NYI] to Blessing of Kings. Places a blessing on an ally that grants them an absorption shield. It absorbs up to 333 [*130.6% of Holy Spell Power* damage, and will be refreshed to full strength every 6 sec, even if fully consumed. Limit 3. 30 yd range. Instant. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin
    Any idea how long these blessings last? Until death, cancelled, or leaving the raid group? For 30 seconds? Can more than one blessing be active on the same target at the same time?

QUOTE=nightfalls;37643902]I'm wondering if these can be self-cast, and if you can have more than one up at once (obviously for solo/2-player-group reasons, and PvP where you want Kings on the guy who's being trained).

Of course in raid it looks like Kings goes on the active tank, Might on the top DPS (or on yourself, to be selfish), Light on the healer that needs mana.[/QUOTE]

Can I throw all three on myself for fun and have ALLTHEBUFFS? Can two Blessings of Kings be placed on an ally by two different retadins? By the same ret paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by BinderOfTheLight View Post
    Any idea how long these blessings last? Until death, cancelled, or leaving the raid group? For 30 seconds? Can more than one blessing be active on the same target at the same time?

Can I throw all three on myself for fun and have ALLTHEBUFFS? Can two Blessings of Kings be placed on an ally by two different retadins? By the same ret paladin?
    I found an interesting screenshot on the legion forum (not mine):

Shows two blessings with a 38m duration. (I assume the second BoKings is the actual absorb, sort of how Sacred Shield works now.)

My assumptions:
    * You can have all three cast on yourself at the same time
    * You can have any combination of 3 blessings (3 kings, 2 kings & 1 might, 1 of each, etc) cast

My question:
    * What happens when you cast your fourth blessing? Does the oldest drop off? Does it try to replace a like blessing (drop off a might when you cast might, even if wisdom is oldest)? I can't think of a way (with the current interface) where this wouldn't be clunky. (In a way, it reminds me of concentration based buffs from DAOC, if anyone remembers those.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    * You can have any combination of 3 blessings (3 kings, 2 kings & 1 might, 1 of each, etc) cast
    Yeah I don't think that's staying, otherwise in a 20 man raid what would you ever do except 3x Might?

Boys.

Ret boys, this is what I'm talking about. Please Blizzard, shower us with more, this is not any type of casual pandering holy shit. Something interesting and for everyone.

Guessing that they won't allow the blessings to stack same on same, but very nice to see some of the homogenization get thrown out. Also like how they have a strong aura talent for Holy that really strikes as a return to the WC3 paladin.

Deleted

It might mean guilds seriously consider having more than one ret in a roster (or more than zero in some cases) but other classes get very useful utility as well - there's no way this would lead to any form of Ret stacking.

In the event of it costing us DPS for this Blessing, I'll pass. Fuck flavor for the hybrid tax.

So I'm guessing you don't use your hand spells ATM. OK.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    So I'm guessing you don't use your hand spells ATM. OK.
    Please... hand spells don't directly increase DPS or mana regen. They only allow you to circunvent mechanics.

I guess you will be the first of a type of poster that lurks here and only cares about what is good for themselves and not for the game. These buffs are going to come at a cost, and that cost will be proportional to the buff presented. So, prepare to be the new single target shadow priest. Any ret that is confortable with that is a bad ret and has no confidence on his own skills to the point he wants to have a raid spot due to the buffs he brings. This is completely opposed to the logic of "bring the player, not the class".
    I did the buff bot with DPS tax thing in TBC. It sucks, i don't want it back.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2015-12-03 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please... hand spells don't directly increase DPS or mana regen. They only allow you to circunvent mechanics.

I guess you will be the first of a type of poster that lurks here and only cares about what is good for themselves and not for the game. These buffs are going to come at a cost, and that cost will be proportional to the buff presented. So, prepare to be the new single target shadow priest. Any ret that is confortable with that is a bad ret and has no confidence on his own skills to the point he wants to have a raid spot due to the buffs he brings. This is completely opposed to the logic of "bring the player, not the class".
    I did the buff bot with DPS tax thing in TBC. It sucks, i don't want it back.
    9 times out of 10 getting around mechanics increases dps or saves mana.

OT though!! I'm excited that they might be stepping back from homogenization a bit, this can only be good (unless you're the class that gets the worst changes I gues? [Shaman]).
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Oh yes, be mad everyone else. Ret got something nice.
    Oh so naive. Sure, if you garantee to me that there won't be a tax to pay for it, then i will be happy, but that would be a selfish happyness as every other melee would get shafted.
    So, instead of thinking only about whats nice to you personally, think about whats good for the game. How many times were you nerfed to the ground? Do you think an OP Ret will be allowed? Nice dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    9 times out of 10 getting around mechanics increases dps or saves mana.
    Notice how i said "directly". Besides, those are encounter specific moments and not a passive buff.

Quote Originally Posted by deadmau View Post
    In the event of it costing us DPS for this Blessing, I'll pass. Fuck flavor for the hybrid tax.
    I mean, the tax would be the tax of not putting the Blessing on yourself. Realistically I figure in most cases it will just go on yourself but if there's a clear case of a higher performing class on a fight which is really down to the wire, you may occasionally put BoM on other DPS.