Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post

Naxx won't stand? do you even compared their sizes? Naxx (from inside) about 2-3 times bigger than Archeus.
    It's a reference to part of the deathknight lore: Built by the skeletal architect Obrahiim and said to be so powerful that not even the dread citadel of Naxxramas would be able to withstand a direct assault If I am recalling correctly, there's an in-game reference that says the same thing or equivalent, maybe quest-text from Mograine? Can't recall that for sure, however.

You can check out more at wowwiki:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Acherus:_The_Ebon_Hold

I don't mind Acherus being our class hall, in fact other than the fact that it doesn't possess the "shiny and new" element of a brand new class hall, I like the idea of using Acherus. It does seem to fit really well with deathknight history and the fact that it's mobile makes tactical sense for the knights to employ it.

Having said that, I add my voice to the others here who have said: I really hope they update some textures and maybe add some environmental doodads like more npc gargoyles, abominations, liches, crypt fiends etc. to the area. Give it some polish and add that "shiny and new" element that's missing right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    It's a reference to part of the deathknight lore: Built by the skeletal architect Obrahiim and said to be so powerful that not even the dread citadel of Naxxramas would be able to withstand a direct assault If I am recalling correctly, there's an in-game reference that says the same thing or equivalent, maybe quest-text from Mograine? Can't recall that for sure, however.

You can check out more at wowwiki:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Acherus:_The_Ebon_Hold

I don't mind Acherus being our class hall, in fact other than the fact that it doesn't possess the "shiny and new" element of a brand new class hall, I like the idea of using Acherus. It does seem to fit really well with deathknight history and the fact that it's mobile makes tactical sense for the knights to employ it.

Having said that, I add my voice to the others here who have said: I really hope they update some textures and maybe add some environmental doodads like more npc gargoyles, abominations, liches, crypt fiends etc. to the area. Give it some polish and add that "shiny and new" element that's missing right now.
    It's specifically mentioned ingame by Instructor Razuvious in the quest The Eye of Acherus. This status is probably dependant on it being infused with the lich king's power through the Eye of Acherus, and since that power was lost when the Knights of the Ebon Blade rebelled against the Lich King and captured Acherus, that power's likely lost. If you look in the Pit of Saron there's another Eye of Acherus type structure in the process of being built, likely one that would have been added to Malykriss: The Vile Hold, a necropolis built entirely from saronite. They could in theory have given us a finished Malykriss as our class hall, but it would likely require us to grow tighter ties with Bolvar as the new Lich King, than what blizzard is aiming for in the story for legion.

Im feeling pretty mixed on Death Knights Class Hall as Archerus.
    While from a lorewise point, it is the base and home of The Knights of the Ebon Blade with the Death Knights hatred of the Legion, it does make sense.
    But seeing that Death Knight's have had that base since WotLK, it doesn't bring anything new to our class, which most other classes now have. It looks most of the same outside and inside of Archerus (of what I have seen of some of the Alpha/Beta) which really does feel like its just been "copied and pasted".
    Maybe if they changed much of the inside of the base, then maybe it could offer at least a better feel for it. (adding new textures/objects/rooms)

Deleted
    I like Archerus, the DK's class hall, just need to be a bit bigger, i think.
    Last edited by mmoc54843516f6; 2016-01-12 at 11:14 AM.

Acherus, the flying fortress of death of the ebon hold. We will be the new death knight leader. I think it is finding a new awesome purpose. Glad to keep acherus.

#TEAMACHERUS!