Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

6.2.2: Maxxing gold from Shipyard - the new gold rush?

Happy Days are here again. With the new changes my gold income from treasure missions in the shipyard has exploded. Although I'm an extreme hard core Admiral, this can easily be beneficial to the casual one-shipyard player with an hour's investment.

A month ago I was bored and decided that i wanted all dwarf and goblin crews on all my ships, and Unsinkable and an oil well. After buying enough medallions to get my rep up. and after a solid month of rerolling ships ~1000+ times (not using Rush Orders - I have 26 shipyards) I finally finished. I renamed my ships Gold B for battleship, Gold D, Gold S, Gold C, sometimes a Murloc T, etc. and occasionally went and bought oil or did some Tanaan rares and the bonus weekend to replenish. Used the hell out of Broker Garrison.

And then lucky me, the 6.2.2 change. Rare missions are not so rare anymore. Blockades go down faster. Thousands of gold every time I log in, and no DR with alts.

I have an extra 10 stack of Unsinkable and just make sure to occasionally replenish it. Spamming missions, gold is flowing. Swimming in Apexis that I can use to buy and sell pets. Spamming Balefuls to my heart's content so alts can solo Elegon for mount Feels like all my alt's garrisons were with treasure trait pre 6.2 - but more.

I'm not worried that Blizz will nerf it again - so many people hate the shipyard, it would take a lot more than this to create a mass migration. Very few people will have the patience to reroll 10 ships x ~6 races x all your alts (for me it was well over ~1000 rerolls, which each took 30 min+) to get the ideal shipyard crews. It's the perfect cover! And a bonus, you probably will get some Murloc crews in there. Keep them.

I realize I'm an extreme case, and no one in their right minds will do what I did. But - thanks Blizzard. It's nice to know I went against the grain and had faith in what you did and worked it.

Note to everyone else - get your dwarves, goblins and unsinkables in there!! Try it on one toon and you'll quickly see what I mean!! Do ALL the treasure missions, even the Baleful you may not need,

How to save time doing all this:
    I can spend about an hour on 28 alts. After you have an alt completely "done" i.e.
    T3 buildings,
    good mix of treasure/scavenger,
    Solar Priest Vayx with counterspell/poly counters (if you're going to sell Apexis pets)
    all ships dwarved/goblined/murlocked, levelled and Unsinkabled,
    Geared to 690ish ilvl thanks to a few days of Tanaan dailies/Timewalking/final garrison campaign,
    maxxed profs (now is a great time to max cooking and first aid!)

...there really isn't a lot of upkeep time-wise aside from spamming gold missions once a day or so. It's the journey that's the time sink.

You can skip levelling bodyguards, Harrison, Ever Bloom Frond, Aviana's Wings, Leroy and Archmage Vargoth, and a lot of other content valid in early WoD.

Time management is paramount. You don't ever want to needlessly pick up a non full cache or work order qeue, spam AH, etc. Those wasteful actions add up!

I found what helps to min max your time in the garrison is the Daily ToDo addon on curse (a simple dynamic daily/weekly checklist) for short term tasks such as TP/barracks/Seeds/AH/cache etc and the discontinued (but still working) PySmallNotes (editable on-screen text) for long term goals. I edited the lua on both addons to have white text not yellow, and removed the titles. When I log into one of 28 garrison toons I have in text what I need to do.
    Link to what these 2 addons look like: http://imgur.com/99RGT0z

-Use the keybind feature in Garrison Mission Manager.
    -Use an auto turn in quest addon.
    -Use broker addons for resources, gold, oil, missions, bldgs, and apexis.
    -Use a "/logout" macro keybound
    -Create bat files to one-click mass change your addons loaded on garrison toons to minimize loading time, and remove the need to spam ACP profiles.
    -Get a solid state drive already!!

As for Winter Veil, I'd definitely do the dailies, but only on horde alts to save travel time

Now to get to work on an addon that makes a huge alarm when Unsinkable is lost.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-02-19 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    With the new changes my gold income from treasure missions in the shipyard has exploded.

A month ago I was bored and decided that i wanted all dwarf and goblin crews on all my ships, and Unsinkable and an oil well. After a solid month of rerolling ships ~1000+ times (not using Rush Orders - I have 26 shipyards) I finally finished.

And then lucky me, the 6.2.2 change. Rare missions are not so rare anymore. Blockades go down faster. Thousands of gold every time I log in, and no DR with alts.

I have an extra 10 stack of Unsinkable and just make sure to occasionally replenish it. Spamming missions, gold is flowing. Feels like all my alt's garrisons were with treasure trait pre 6.2 - but more.

I realize I'm an extreme case, and no one in their right minds will do what I did. But - thanks Blizzard. Note to everyone else - get your dwarves, goblins and unsinkables in there!! There's gold to be had!

I'm not worried that Blizz will nerf it again - so many people hate the shipyard, it would take a lot more than this to create a mass migration. Very few people will have the patience to reroll 10 ships x ~6 races x all your alts (for me it was well over ~1000 rerolls, which each took 30 min+) to get the ideal shipyard crews. It's the perfect cover! And a bonus, you probably will get some Murloc crews in there. Keep them.
    1000 rerolls x 30 min = 30000 min

30000 min / 60 = 500 hr

500 hr / 24 = 20.83 days

youve spent 20.83 consecutive days sitting at your ship station rerolling ships

Done the same couple of weeks ago, however i have only 8 chars Now im starting to wondering if there is any ship/equipment combo with dwarf/goblin ships that would make all treasure missions 90%+

Deleted
    Im not this hardcore but I do have 11 shipyards I casually ran. Not minmaxing, not shooting for good crews because I lost ships on a daily basis. Still raked in a decent amount of money per week - not as much as from treasure-hunter stacked follower table but about 20-30k a week

Now this will increase as the success % will increase and I won't lose so many ships anymore (if any at all). Equipping ships with Ghostly Spyglass should make these high-gold missions 100% or close to it (majority of high gold shipyard missions are with cursed crews - this includes Shipyard's version of Blingtron mission - 2000g base)

Thank god for these hotfixes.

>youve spent 20.83 consecutive days sitting at your ship station rerolling ships

Actually, it took ~90 sec out of each to decommission and reroll. Although watching seagulls was tempting, I spent the rest of the time doing other things
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2015-12-03 at 01:11 PM.

Most people don't know about these improvements. Meanwhile rake in the gold haha.

Hey OP please delete this thred because reasons. please Op. pretty please. please. please i don't want shipyard nerfed like they did with THs! please please please!
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2015-12-03 at 07:34 PM.

No offense but these kinds of threads are obnoxious. Make millions of gold each day. All it takes is killing 1 wolf for 1 gold on a million characters!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad how much time and effort had to be spent on not losing ships that we couldn't min/max that actual rewards from the missions themselves and utilize crews that weren't human/UD. Glad its better now, might be a bit too little too late for my taste as the idea of re-rolling my ships for gold seems like more work then i care to put forth.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    for me it was well over ~1000 rerolls, which each took 30 min+) to get the ideal shipyard crews.
    1000 rerolls x 30 min = 30000 min

30000 min / 60 = 500 hr

500 hr / 24 = 20.83 days

Actually, it took ~90 sec out of each to decommission and reroll. Although watching seagulls was tempting, I spent the rest of the time doing other things
    So what you are saying is you have not slept or done anything at all but sit at your computer for 20.83 days?. waow that is sad.

Also you are saying well over. so for fun lets say 1100.

1100 rerolls x 30 min = 33000 min

33000 min / 60 = 550 hr

550 hr / 24 = 22.91 days

But! let us assume that you atleast sleep for 6 hours. that is 5½ hour with no ships being build, but falling asleep after the start of building a ship might take a few minutes, and waking up and turning on the computer might also take a few minutes, so lets assume 6 hours of down time. that leaves 18 hours.

550 hr / 18 = 30.5 days.

and that leaves you being at your computer every 30 minutes for the 18 hours you are awake. and since i really hope you are not sad and insane.

that only leaves 2 possibilities.

1. You just admitted to botting. not that i care about that.

2. you are lying for whatever reason.

I would think that you are not going to admit using a bot. so if option 2.

If you are gonna make a thread like this, please try to be realistic and provide us with some numbers that are actually true. this way you might actually inspire people to do the same, which would help other people make gold.

And if you are going to respond with the fact that you are not interested in helping other people. you should not have posted this thread in the first place.

Now I am famished, so.
    Wall of text Ended.

Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    So what you are saying is you have not slept or done anything at all but sit at your computer for 20.83 days?. waow that is sad.

Also you are saying well over. so for fun lets say 1100.

1100 rerolls x 30 min = 33000 min

33000 min / 60 = 550 hr

550 hr / 24 = 22.91 days

But! let us assume that you atleast sleep for 6 hours. that is 5½ hour with no ships being build, but falling asleep after the start of building a ship might take a few minutes, and waking up and turning on the computer might also take a few minutes, so lets assume 6 hours of down time. that leaves 18 hours.

550 hr / 18 = 30.5 days.

and that leaves you being at your computer every 30 minutes for the 18 hours you are awake. and since i really hope you are not sad and insane.

that only leaves 2 possibilities.

1. You just admitted to botting. not that i care about that.

2. you are lying for whatever reason.

I would think that you are not going to admit using a bot. so if option 2.

If you are gonna make a thread like this, please try to be realistic and provide us with some numbers that are actually true. this way you might actually inspire people to do the same, which would help other people make gold.

And if you are going to respond with the fact that you are not interested in helping other people. you should not have posted this thread in the first place.

Now I am famished, so.
    Wall of text Ended.
    I'm pretty sure he could build the ships on his 26 alts in parallel, i.e not waiting for one to finish before logging a different one.

Deleted
    was a nice read. am jealous.

>I'm pretty sure he could build the ships on his 26 alts in parallel, i.e not waiting for one to finish before logging a different one.

Yup. That was cringeworthy to go through. All that math you did for nothing LOL. Incredible. Sounds to me like you started out lacking a basic premise of common sense are trying very hard to justify playing WOW YOUR way, making you blind to different methods. Reminds me of why Intelligence and Wisdom are two completely different attributes in old D&D.

It's really as simple as 1000 rerolls x 90 sec = 25 hours of "work" - a little more than a day of straight wow - that will last me 8 more months (and quite possibly, more) of stress free gold making. That is excellent ROI. It would take you ~one hour of play time (spread out over days/weeks, obviously) to do this on one toon. How is there possibly an argument here? There is 8 months left in this expac, if you don't see the obvious gold benefits, i don't know what else to say.

You want spreadsheets of daily returns? To quote Khadgar, "I'm sorry, but we don't have that kind of time"

Reminds me of a Goodfellas quote.
    Now, go home and get your &@^#*ing shoe shine box.

Or, better,
    Rise and shine, Doctor Freeman. Rise and shine and smell the ashes.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2015-12-04 at 05:05 AM.

Deleted
    Nice. I've not really interested in maxing out my shipyard, never took risks etc. i think i've lost only 2 ships. Before getting unsinkables, i did only 100% missions. I find it really STUPID design when you are actually meant to lose ships. Naturally my ship crews are just random and by doing only few missions here and there, i very rarely get any gold missions. Also, as i don't like shipyard, i have only one, despite having few max. level characters.

So, shipyard sucks IMO, but if someone have the energy to run 26 of them, he deserves the rewards.

What combination of ships do you have? How many subs, battleships, destroyers, etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to do crazy level optimizing to benefit from the change. This is the time to be quiet about the shipyard, at least it would be if people had any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, the shipyards... Ah well, it's not like there's much else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Hey OP please delete this thred because reasons. please Op. pretty please. please. please i don't want shipyard nerfed like they did with THs! please please please!
    ^
    Please. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by havoc501 View Post
    What combination of ships do you have? How many subs, battleships, destroyers, etc?
    There is possibly a more efficient roster for high end gold missions, but I went with this, and it gives me 75%-100% on all treasure missions:
    If Arakkoa, 3B 3D 1T 1S 1C 1Arakkoa
    else 4B 3D 1T 1S 1C

If you already have a different roster it probably doesn't make a huge difference, I definitely wouldn't reroll just to get the mix above. I have seen way too many long roll strings of that stupid panda face to ever wanna do this again.

I make sure the D and the B have the most common counters with no duplicates, ie I prioritize shark, blast furnace, felsmoke over the more esoteric ones. Also, I didn't see a burning need to have Arrakoa on alts, at least for now.

Make sure to rename your ships, i.e. Gold B, Gold B I, Gold B II, Gold B Alt! You can drop the 'Gold' after you are full if you really wanna be OCD. Makes it a lot easier. While rerolling, if you are running low on oil, work on the smaller ships first, and go kill the 4 Tanaan rares using the Champions of Hellfire Citadel addon. Also get a Greasemonkey or two at your garrison to help with replenishing. You can't have too much oil, especially later on when you have your fleet running, especially if you do Apexis and Baleful missions. Keep in mind with pet sales Apexis is pretty much free gold, at ~1 apex = .25g.

Finally, having Unsinkable frees you up to being able to take out blockades and area bonuses without worry. The play style at this point is a lot more relaxing. I like to free up an area prone to treasure missions if it starts getting jammed, guessing that there may be a slot system somewhere in the code. Obviously get all your ships to epic ASAP.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2015-12-04 at 05:29 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Any ideal traits desired for the ships with this, or is it just a matter of being able to buy them the right equipment and get human/murloc crews?