Deleted

Archimonde trinket question

Hello everyone!
    On my guild we are now progressing through Archimonde mythic mode and i have a big question about which trinkets should i use. For now im using Mirror of the Blademaster + Censer, but I'm maybe wrong but could read on this forum that the Coil from 2nd boss is better than and i dont know which ones should i use for Archimonde fight .
    If someone could answer me or link me a post where this question is solved, i would appreciate it a lot .

Thank you all very much

probs have a read of http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post37649929 and posts on the page and pages before it.

or in short your setup is ok and will generally speaking only see a very minor variance between that and other combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    Hello everyone!
    On my guild we are now progressing through Archimonde mythic mode and i have a big question about which trinkets should i use. For now im using Mirror of the Blademaster + Censer, but I'm maybe wrong but could read on this forum that the Coil from 2nd boss is better than and i dont know which ones should i use for Archimonde fight .
    If someone could answer me or link me a post where this question is solved, i would appreciate it a lot .

Thank you all very much
    Coil outperforms censer on long fights and censer derives a huge amount of its value from the pull (where you eventually have to stop dps anyway). Coil will also consistently be there for doomfire, deathcallers, void stars, and infernals where censer may or may not proc. The boa is decent too

The hunter class trinket is impractical in HFC so mostly worthless.

edit - added word 'trinket' lol
    Last edited by nToxik; 2015-12-04 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    The hunter class is impractical in HFC so mostly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    probably meant hunter class trinket

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    Coil outperforms censer on long fights and censer derives a huge amount of its value from the pull (where you eventually have to stop dps anyway). Coil will also consistently be there for doomfire, deathcallers, void stars, and infernals where censer may or may not proc. The boa is decent too
    He probably outgears that fight by several item levels by now, I don't think trinkets will make a real difference :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    Hello everyone!

Thank you all very much
    I run Blademaster & Censar. The only real argument for Coil is that it's more consistent. You will consistently have the static stats from Coil when killing priority adds such as Doomfire, Doomcaller, Infernals, Void Stars, Sources, etc. However Censar is overall a better trinket and I would only recommend switching to Coil if you sincerely needed the consistency of stats. (This is similar to using Coil on M Gorefiend progression when the constant stats for killing Constructs outweighed the procs as you couldn't even guarantee them during feast).

Depends on strat. 1 doomfire strat you have no downtime or "stop dps" part.
    That being said, keep in mind to watch timers for Mirror, as you can seriously lower dps if used at the wrong time when movement is about to happen. Personally, I don't like coil and feel like the static stats are doing less for me then having the added multi strike full time, but that is just personal and have no sims to show, just that on various pulls I always seemed to be lower with Coil than Censer. The BoA is also decent but seems to never proc when I really want it for the main benefit (all the adds for the extra damage). Personally, I would go with Mirror and Censer, just watch the timing for mirrors in p2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That being said, keep in mind to watch timers for Mirror, as you can seriously lower dps if used at the wrong time when movement is about to happen. Personally, I don't like coil and feel like the static stats are doing less for me then having the added multi strike full time, but that is just personal and have no sims to show, just that on various pulls I always seemed to be lower with Coil than Censer. The BoA is also decent but seems to never proc when I really want it for the main benefit (all the adds for the extra damage). Personally, I would go with Mirror and Censer, just watch the timing for mirrors in p2.
    The timing he's referring to here (I'm assuming) is when you need to kite the boss out of Shackled Torment. With 1 Doomfire Strat I believe the 2nd Mirror you get in the fight (1st mirror in P2) you need to hold as you will get Wrought > Shackles as soon as the phase transitions at 70%. It's better to hold this mirror until the bosses is stationary again. At this time Death Brand will be ~3 seconds away and you'll have the trinket cleave onto the Doomguard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    The timing he's referring to here (I'm assuming) is when you need to kite the boss out of Shackled Torment. With 1 Doomfire Strat I believe the 2nd Mirror you get in the fight (1st mirror in P2) you need to hold as you will get Wrought > Shackles as soon as the phase transitions at 70%. It's better to hold this mirror until the bosses is stationary again. At this time Death Brand will be ~3 seconds away and you'll have the trinket cleave onto the Doomguard as well.
    Yeah, should have specified better. Also, when you go from that point to the next, it will probably be coming right off CD again with a lot of adds up, however, depending on where your dps is at you will have to move again shortly and lose about 5-10 seconds on its proc, so might want to hold off on it again until the next move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Coil provides crit and mastery arguably our two best secondary stats and static agility which is still our best stat. It under performs on the opener but outperforms throughout the rest of the fight and when one can properly pool focus for good ca pew pewing on adds or chim cleaving + execute sniping adds the trinket will outperform. Also it sims highest on long fights (havnt done long sims on boa in a while) assuming one is not at the crit cap. I ran BoA on our kills tho cause I hit the crit cap (was the only boss I used something other than coil on). Mirror is always going to be your second trinket on the fight.
    Tl:dr - Boa/Coil + Mirror

Coil provides crit and mastery arguably our two best secondary stats and static agility which is still our best stat. It under performs on the opener but outperforms throughout the rest of the fight and when one can properly pool focus for good ca pew pewing on adds or chim cleaving + execute sniping adds the trinket will outperform. Also it sims highest on long fights (havnt done long sims on boa in a while) assuming one is not at the crit cap. I ran BoA on our kills tho cause I hit the crit cap (was the only boss I used something other than coil on). Mirror is always going to be your second trinket on the fight.
    Tl:dr - Boa/Coil + Mirror
    First of all, Multistrike is better than Mastery. Mastery relies on your ability to stand still/move in short bursts. Which sometimes cannot be helped in the encounter.

Secondly, straight up DPS Coil is not better than Censar in terms of throughput. Coil is a better progression option than Censar because of its consistency and reliability. MM Hunters strength is to nuke down high-priority single-target adds, which in progression was a necessity. Thus using Coil allowed for consistency when this was required (as opposed to Censar's proc being down). Coil also falters with movement due to the mastery as stated above.

TL;DR Censar+Mirror is best throughput. If you need consistency Coil+Mirror may be a better option.
    NOTE: This also assumes baseline trinkets. I had a Mythic Socket Censar and therefore used that over Coil for Archi progression. The other 2 hunters were split between Coil/Censar if I recall.

Wrong. With iLvl upgrades and on fights of a longer length, Coil pulls ahead for DPS too because it scales better per iLvl. Archimonde is a good example of such a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Wrong. With iLvl upgrades and on fights of a longer length, Coil pulls ahead for DPS too because it scales better per iLvl. Archimonde is a good example of such a fight.
    Not sure if saying I'm wrong. Firstly I finished Archi prog prior to ilvl upgrades so my information might be dated. Secondly, virtually all my words were taken from the trinket section of your guide sooooo, ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    First of all, Multistrike is better than Mastery. Mastery relies on your ability to stand still/move in short bursts. Which sometimes cannot be helped in the encounter.

Secondly, straight up DPS Coil is not better than Censar in terms of throughput. Coil is a better progression option than Censar because of its consistency and reliability. MM Hunters strength is to nuke down high-priority single-target adds, which in progression was a necessity. Thus using Coil allowed for consistency when this was required (as opposed to Censar's proc being down). Coil also falters with movement due to the mastery as stated above.

TL;DR Censar+Mirror is best throughput. If you need consistency Coil+Mirror may be a better option.
    NOTE: This also assumes baseline trinkets. I had a Mythic Socket Censar and therefore used that over Coil for Archi progression. The other 2 hunters were split between Coil/Censar if I recall.
    Using the Censer for your early Archimonde progression was a mistake. The DPS difference is absolutely irrelevant for the boss. Socket or not, Warforged or not. You touch on this subject in your post, but you personally made the wrong call here. That's the first wrong part.

The second is the assumption that Censer is better DPS universally, which is not really the case. I suppose I am partly to blame, since my guide states that this is the case (not updated for +10 iLvl, it's mostly a piece of irrelevant information since it doesn't change one's decision anyway, it was just a factual error in your post. And my guide, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Using the Censer for your early Archimonde progression was a mistake. The DPS difference is absolutely irrelevant for the boss. Socket or not, Warforged or not. You touch on this subject in your post, but you personally made the wrong call here. That's the first wrong part.
    Eh, oh well. Boss died.