Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    OP I did read your comments and understand what you are looking for, but you also pointed out how you will still have the tools required to do this as BM it just wont be as optimal as doing it as MM.
    thanks for understanding

That sucks and I do feel for you, but curious, just how often do you use this tactic?
    currently, quite often. mostly when dealing with elite mobs, e.g. nagrand or at throne of kil'jaeden. you must know i'm just lfr geared and i'm prone to pulling more than i intend to.

If BM can do the ping pong thing in legion, but it just takes longer for the mob to die compared to now, how often is that actually going to be a problem for you?
    depends on how many mobs are going to have an enrage timer.

How many old dungeon / raid bosses do you use that on per week?
    as stated above, i'm not even utilizing that when in dungeons. i use it for difficult mobs in the current open world content.

You suggested that you could use that when undergeared tackling content, but eventualy you will have the gear.
    the most important part about this is having somewhat of a challenge while collecting it, without it being mathematically impossible to kill these mobs.
    you know the feeling when a new expansion releases and you're decked out with the previous' xpac's top end gear and then facing the mobs in the intro zones?
    this is boring.
    what i'm talking about is the challenge-level of the difficulty-jump before the item squish from "just finished leveling in wotlk and barely have gear" to "now i go questing in cata (hyjal) with my wotlk quest gear and get my face smashed unless i play perfectly or use cheeky mechanics".

or maybe you remember when in mop you could go to the timeless isle as lvl 90. as a hunter you could kill the medium sized turtles with this technique, while every other class would've been smashed because they only could take the damage.

In short what I am trying to say is if BM can still do it in Legion, just kills a little slower, while that is frustrating, I can't see how it will be such a big problem. But then again, I dont know how often you use this tactic.
    i think i could live with having to go bm for that particular playstyle, it's just that it subjectively feels wrong knowing what could've been.
    but the question remains how much slower it is going to be. so slow that you're more likely to make a mistake that kills you, or that someone from the opposing faction might interrupt you, or just a few seconds.

nevertheless, thanks for the feedback/input

Deleted
    I love that they are taking away pets from MM, I always preferred archers over this hunter/ranger tree hugging animal lover type, and traps aren't fun either.

Just want it to be me and my bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Murmillo View Post
    I love that they are taking away pets from MM, I always preferred archers over this hunter/ranger tree hugging animal lover type, and traps aren't fun either.

Just want it to be me and my bow.
    while i totally agree with you that there should be an acher-like spec, i just don't think it should be implemented at the expense of another valid playstyle (hunter without attacks via interaction with the pet akin to "kill command").
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-12-10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: wording

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    you missed one important point:
    as a bm a high amount of abilites is applied via the pet, akin to kill command and with legion this share becomes even more pet-sided.
    i want to have a pet, but be the main damage dealer of this akin to the current mm model where your pet does its own thing and you do yours.

the reason for this is when i tell my pet to stay at a certain position for the ping pong method i can't let the pet attack, otherwise it moves away from its position.
    These are my thoughts exactly. I play survival and the reason why I play survival over beast master is because I like being the main dps with all my different shooting abilities and traps while also having a pet that just follows me around like a loyal companion and just does it's own thing. Now Blizzard is changing it where they are forcing you to go beast master if you want to continue having a pet while also being ranged. Then they're turning my favorite spec into a spec that is basically being a warrior with a pet and I find that to be just so stupid and pointless. People didn't choose hunters for melee combat they chose them for their ranged combat with guns and bows. It makes no sense to turn them into a melee class, what for? Now I feel like I should enjoy my survival hunter while it lasts because big brother Blizzard is going to take away yet another fun feature from WoW.

God it's so infuriating to think about it. First with my mage being stripped of his spells that made him so fun to play as and now my survival hunter will have his bow taken away and be given a melee weapon instead. Gee thanks Blizzard, you're really doing me a favor here.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    while i totally agree with you that there should be an acher-like spec, i just don't think it should be implemented at the expense of another valid playstyle (hunter without attacks via interaction with the pet akin to "kill command").
    well they're giving us the archer spec with MM.

ranged with pet is the goal of BM in legion. if you dislike having armies of pets try getting that one fixed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    THANK YOU! someone who feels exactly the same (just about a different spec).
    i thought i was fighting windmills in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    well they're giving us the archer spec with MM.

ranged with pet is the goal of BM in legion. if you dislike having armies of pets try getting that one fixed instead.
    the problem i have with BM is that half your spells are done via the pet or through interaction with the pet.
    for example:
    - Kill Command: your pet attacks your target for X dmg. the problem with this is that if your pet is rooted/stunned/whatever you can not perform this attack. if you're in a situation where your pet can not attack, you can not perform this attack.
    - dire beast: summons a pet, that suffers from the same problems as your regular pet.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-12-10 at 07:41 PM.