Thread: Help with holy.

Help with holy.

Hi. I've been playing ret for pretty much the whole of wod and have had some good success with it. My guild has been having some attendance issues with healers so i stepped up and offered to start healing. The problem is I'm terrible at it and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm almost always out of mana by the end of the fight and my rankings are pretty abysmal. If anyone is willing to take a look at my logs and help out it would be greatly appreciated.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4jVFdCBWtH9m8qDp

Edit: I should point out that my effective and overhealing are both like 50% lower then our other pally so im kind of baffled as to what the problem is.
    Last edited by lusciifi; 2015-12-03 at 02:04 PM.

First off, stacking two Holy Paladins isn't the greatest. Both of you are probably running double beacon on the two tanks, and that's going to cause a huge amount of over healing. Whoever is slightly quicker on the draw is going to get more effective healing done.

Looking at Hellfire High Council from your logs:
    Sugwater:
    85 Holy Light, 87 Holy Shock, 28 Flash of Light.
    Ends fight at 16K mana. Uses a Draenic Channeled Mana Potion.
    Never gets above 4 holy power, good holy power usage.

Lusciifi:
    34 Holy Light, 73 Holy Shock, 52 Flash of Light.
    Ends fight at 9K mana (with a low of 1K mana). Does not use any mana potions.
    Hits 5 holy power cap 4 times through fight, including staying capped for 30 seconds.

Based on this info (and you running OOM) here's the advice:
    1) You cast Flash of Light too often, and Holy Light not enough. Sugawater cast more than twice your Holy Lights in that fight (85 vs 34).
    2) Bring mana potions, and know when to use them. Sugawater is playing with 50K more mana than you (30% of your max).
    3) Don't let your holy power cap - you're missing out on free healing.

I've attached a screenshot of the relevant differences between you guys:

Thanks for the feedback. I think im so heavy on FoL because im always worried about people dieng and im not familiar enough with the fights enough to know when they are actually in danger.

Should i always try to do HS, HL x2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please make use of the appropriate Holy assistance thread.

Closing.