Will instant level 100 interfere with gold Missions?

So a few months back they changed the gold missions so where they're evenly distributed throughout your characters with a Garrison. Instead of giving them all to each individual char. Sucky as it is though my Garrison chars are fine for this. All have gold followers for easy successes.

But I am wondering if the free instant 100 from the Pre-Order will come with their own working Garrison? And ultimately interfere with the gold missions that get distributed between the chars? I'd like to get the 100. But will suck if it will get some of the rarer gold missions which it is not set on followers for.

Anyways just wondering if anyone here knows, Thanks!

I honestly haven't noticed that much of an effect of the distribution. My per character gold (with 12 alts) is pretty consistent both before and after the "nerf", so I wouldn't worry too much about the effects of a boosted alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf honestly wasn't that bad and having more characters is still the most efficient way to go. If you're doing missions on a daily basis you'll definitely benefit from boosting a character, especially in the long run. No one knows if that 4k gold Blingtron mission really would have showed up on character A if you had not boosted character B. I've had 4 Blingtron missions show up on the same day, or a few of them in the same week, just as I have waited weeks to get the mission again with three accounts and 36 characters in total.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    So a few months back they changed the gold missions so where they're evenly distributed throughout your characters with a Garrison. Instead of giving them all to each individual char. Sucky as it is though my Garrison chars are fine for this. All have gold followers for easy successes.

But I am wondering if the free instant 100 from the Pre-Order will come with their own working Garrison? And ultimately interfere with the gold missions that get distributed between the chars? I'd like to get the 100. But will suck if it will get some of the rarer gold missions which it is not set on followers for.

Anyways just wondering if anyone here knows, Thanks!
    They would be foolish to do anything but nerf Garrison missions into the ground for Legion. They don't want you sat in Garrison now let alone going back regularly in a new expansion featuring class halls.
    I wouldn't be surprised if gold missions vanished entirely from the Garrison when Legion does go live.

The gold missions only unlock when you have a level 3 Inn anyway, so just make sure you have a good amount of treasure hunter followers before you upgrade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I just levelled my 10th alt to 100 and sunk those 20k gold into a lv 3 Garrison with 25 followers, war mill, Inn and salvage yard. Now on the second week of recruiting Treasure hunters. He is pretty much just gonna hand in the Garrison and I am interested to see if and how he paid off (made that 20 k back and more) by the time Legion hits
    Most likely. Since april I have made roughly 200k per character from gold missions according to Accountant (gold tracker addon), and that's including weeks of recruiting and gearing up Treasure Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Most likely. Since april I have made roughly 200k per character from gold missions according to Accountant (gold tracker addon), and that's including weeks of recruiting and gearing up Treasure Hunters.
    What's the use of the war mill for gold making?
    Last edited by Danshot; 2015-12-05 at 05:17 AM.

Used to be needed to get enough upgrades.

Now, cheaper to just buy Arms of the Frozen Hero or Draenic Weapons/Armor.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Used to be needed to get enough upgrades.

Now, cheaper to just buy Arms of the Frozen Hero or Draenic Weapons/Armor.
    If you're running the Winter Veil dailies for a chance at the mount, you'll probably pick up a load of these anyway - think I've got 4 of them already (5 alts running 4/5 days worth)

Hmm, possibly, but I think the better way to get the mount is to buy the Killdozer, and sell them, then buy the mount. Since everyone is doing the mount, the Killdozer isn't as common, and sells for 5-20k depending on the server. And it's guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    They would be foolish to do anything but nerf Garrison missions into the ground for Legion. They don't want you sat in Garrison now let alone going back regularly in a new expansion featuring class halls.
    I wouldn't be surprised if gold missions vanished entirely from the Garrison when Legion does go live.
    I doubt they would remove them entirely. But they'll more than likely have it so they give a massively reduced amount once you're level 101+. I believe they did something similar with gold/experience given by old daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I doubt they would remove them entirely. But they'll more than likely have it so they give a massively reduced amount once you're level 101+. I believe they did something similar with gold/experience given by old daily quests.
    Or. Inflation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any issues, I think if anything my gold has slightly increased due to having another level 100 to farm it

So, the first thing to know about how the gold missions are spread around is that they are not split up among your eligible characters per se. What happens is that you get diminishing returns on how many additional missions will spawn overall on your account. For example, just this week, I had Blingtron's Secret Vault on two separate characters on different days. Adding another character to your total will still grant you more gold missions, it just won't be as many more as the previous character which wasn't as many more as the previous character, and on.

I am currently running 13 different characters who all have tier 3 inns, barracks, war mill and shipyards. My gold income (after adjusting for the initial build up investment) has increased with each new level 100 that I have added to the mix. It DOES take some time initially to build up your treasure hunters and you WILL occasionally either have to wait for a TH to return from another mission to benefit from the bonus, or run a suboptimal lineup, but it's not a significant loss in total.
    Last edited by Kagonos; 2015-12-31 at 05:13 PM.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    I am currently running 13 different characters who all have tier 3 inns, barracks, war mill and shipyards. My gold income (after adjusting for the initial build up investment) has increased with each new level 100 that I have added to the mix. It DOES take some time initially to build up your treasure hunters and you WILL occasionally either have to wait for a TH to return from another mission to benefit from the bonus, or run a suboptimal lineup, but it's not a significant loss in total.
    You are obviously experienced with running multiple garrisons so I have a question to ask if you don't mind. When your character finally reaches 100, what is the best method you've found to gain enough resources at first to upgrade your garrison / buildings to level 3? Do you also farm garrison resources while levelling or do you just speed level your character (xp pots and bonus objectives)?

Deleted
    turbo mode: huge ogrecache

economy class: dailies (tanaan, DB), sawmill (2 followers) -> TP, clearing Nagrand est 10min ca 300GR