Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Konami barred Kojima from attending the VGA's

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...om-game-awards

Scumbag company just being fucking scumbags to be scumbags.

Or: How to commit PR suicide in two easy steps.

The fact this was called out on live stream in front of what could have been a hundred thousand people is hilarious, the fallout of this is going to be great

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Or: How to commit PR suicide in two easy steps.

The fact this was called out on live stream in front of what could have been a hundred thousand people is hilarious, the fallout of this is going to be great
    It won't hurt their pachinko machine sales, so who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    #fuckkonami

Im not even a metal gear fan, but imagine if Nintendo pulled this shit on shigeru miyamoto

RAGE!

oh boy wonder what jim fucking sterling son has to say about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    "He is just in vacations"-Konami

I don't want to be "That guy", and i think Konami is acting like a bunch of idiots, but the vast majority of gamers don't know who Kojima is, what he did, etc... and the game sales will still be high.

So yea, i don't expect them to suffer that much... even with their recent pathetic endevours :P

This was fun though, if you missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCzWJ-_SK4 Easter egg!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    #fuckkonami

Im not even a metal gear fan, but imagine if Nintendo pulled this shit on shigeru miyamoto

RAGE!
    I'm sure he already got his revenge, since he plastered his name in every free space of the game he could find. Still hilarious how they pretend he is still an employee, when he isn't.

Did Kojima bang Konami CEO's wife or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    He just took their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    No, this is their company being ignorant. They want control of their IPs much like how a final fantasy is thought of as a square game they want MGS to be a konami game and not a Kojima game. They ignorantly believe by keeping him away from the game people will forget this and start associating the IP with Konami.

It's dumb, and it's not going to work. Let the man accept awards for his team you scumbags. I have been a bigger critic of Kojima on this forum then most and even I think this is a scumbag move.

Funny...I was actually considering buying MGS5, but after this shit stunt by Konami...nope!

Soooooo this guy "created" this game? Does he have the rights to it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Soooooo this guy "created" this game? Does he have the rights to it?
    Practically yes but according some backwater copyright corporation law he doesnt. AAA games of this fame are not being made by just having money put on the table.

Konami updated their twitter bio with "We are already demons"
    Possibly acknowledging this would get them in shit with the public.

Deleted
    I for one am happy to announce I'm 100% certain I won't be buying any Konami products in the foreseeable future, or pretty much, most likely, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholySanctuary View Post
    Funny...I was actually considering buying MGS5, but after this shit stunt by Konami...nope!
    I bought it since i like the metal gear series but its the last one i buy. Fuxk konami. Hell the dlx content was not even in the $100 collector editions. Amazon had to email me a code.

This stunt at the reward show is bullshit. Did he fuck someones wife or daughter... Wish kojima could just take metal gear and walk. Wish the man the best.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

And now i will feel even worse when i'll buy Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain :S

That's right Konami dig yourself a deeper hole. That way no one will remember you when you are gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point i'm not even suprised by what Konami is doing... Which is really sad in itself.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!