Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm starting to like Konami because they're the latest bogeyman of all the whiny, indignant gamers. EA, Activision & Konami rock!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I'm starting to like Konami because they're the latest bogeyman of all the whiny, indignant gamers. EA, Activision & Konami rock!
    Pissing all over the developers who made your company sure is cool! Iga, Kojima and the others can find work easily but good luck Konami when you need developers.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Hey, people wouldn't be whining if it wasn't for the shitty companies you listed?

So, continue to like those companies and you'll just keep getting more "whiny and indignant" gamers you hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just keep digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole. They don't even give a shit. I could tell their CEO was an out of touch old man who has no grasp on what people want. It's pretty sad.

10+ Year Old Account

Someone needs to make a konami meme with this face. Everytime someone mentions konami just post it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

It sucks but it isn't at all surprising at this point. Nor is Kojima the first prominent developer to get screwed over by the 'big bosses' in a company despite having the potential to bring forth immense success. That is, unfortunately, a risk when large companies make major decisions whilst being very out of touch. Perhaps another company will snap Kojima up and help him out? It'd be a pretty great investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It sucks but it isn't at all surprising at this point. Nor is Kojima the first prominent developer to get screwed over by the 'big bosses' in a company despite having the potential to bring forth immense success. That is, unfortunately, a risk when large companies make major decisions whilst being very out of touch. Perhaps another company will snap Kojima up and help him out? It'd be a pretty great investment.
    Kinda weird though, demoting him from Vice President to a simple contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Kinda weird though, demoting him from Vice President to a simple contractor.
    Exactly. Don't you think this has 'weird' written allover it? Companies don't just decide to sack the guy that's making them money. Did you see the cutscenes in MTGV? It had more Kojima than cinematic. If you've ever watched Kojima present himself, he's one arrogant motherfucker.

Do I think everything has been handled nicely by Konami? No. Do I think that there's more to it, than just corporate bullshit? Absolutely. This is a prime example of; 'We need to stop this guy, before it gets out of hand'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Exactly. Don't you think this has 'weird' written allover it? Companies don't just decide to sack the guy that's making them money. Did you see the cutscenes in MTGV? It had more Kojima than cinematic. If you've ever watched Kojima present himself, he's one arrogant motherfucker.

Do I think everything has been handled nicely by Konami? No. Do I think that there's more to it, than just corporate bullshit? Absolutely. This is a prime example of; 'We need to stop this guy, before it gets out of hand'.
    What? That makes no sense. So what if he represented himself too much? Maybe he wanted to be famous since he was a kid or something. Who cares as long as he was making great games which he was.

What? That makes no sense. So what if he represented himself too much? Maybe he wanted to be famous since he was a kid or something. Who cares as long as he was making great games which he was.
    It starts being more than a representation, when someone starts demanding more than they should. I'm not saying he did, but let's face it. They fire him, yet they don't fire him. They wanted to nullify the impact of Kojima on the company, they didn't want to entirely quit working with him. It's quite clear when you look at the way this went down, that Konami themselves had to think about this real hard. It's also in line with their comment about already being demons.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2015-12-07 at 06:52 AM.

While I have no benign words for Konami, Kojima seems to be like another Tim Schaefer / Peter Molyneux, pissing away money for his vision. I'm not sure if the cut state of MGS:V was entirely Konami's fault, I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima had a part to play in it as well. I'm not one of the fanboys though, so I had little expectations for MGS:V and was still disappointed by the narrative and repetition in the game, which I simply can't blame all on Konami in good consciousness.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-12-07 at 06:54 AM.

Didn't Kojima want to turn his back on the MSG franchise a couple of games back? If he was forced/pressured into continuing then a breakdown wouldn't be out of the picture.

They also banned him from Sony's own Playstation award show and had some PR guy pick up the award that was ment for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    They also banned him from Sony's own Playstation award show and had some PR guy pick up the award that was ment for him.
    Does he still get the award in the end?

The award was ment for the game, right? To play devil's advocate here: It takes more than 1 person to make a game. Usually you give them to the studio as a whole and don't claim them for yourself, at least in the west .

First Castlevania, now this. What is next?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you want Hideo Kojima to come to the MG? I don`t understand why you are worring about? There were a lot of other interesting things as for me))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    oh boy wonder what jim fucking sterling son has to say about this.
    Who gives a rats ass about what that moron has to say? Man that guy is dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

They're slowly but surely taking EA's place as worst gaming company ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It starts being more than a representation, when someone starts demanding more than they should. I'm not saying he did, but let's face it. They fire him, yet they don't fire him. They wanted to nullify the impact of Kojima on the company, they didn't want to entirely quit working with him. It's quite clear when you look at the way this went down, that Konami themselves had to think about this real hard. It's also in line with their comment about already being demons.
    He was vice president. He wanted to make a good game. You don't make a good AAA game with less than 80 million dollars nowdays. GTAV's budget was 250. It's funny because that's the reason they made him just a contractor, because he was using alot of money to make MGSV. What's more funny is that Konami is saying they will keep making AAA games. They won't. If they plan to use less money than that their games will mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I have no benign words for Konami, Kojima seems to be like another Tim Schaefer / Peter Molyneux, pissing away money for his vision. I'm not sure if the cut state of MGS:V was entirely Konami's fault, I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima had a part to play in it as well. I'm not one of the fanboys though, so I had little expectations for MGS:V and was still disappointed by the narrative and repetition in the game, which I simply can't blame all on Konami in good consciousness.
    I don't know about Peter Molyneux but atleast the MGS games were always fun to play for me. So yeah, he and his team delivered.