Survival Hunter Animations

I found this today and didn't see it posted, figured I'd strike up a discussion for folks who were curious about the progress on melee animations. This isn't my video, obviously.

Dat Fury of the Eagle... I think the animation is not finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Dat Fury of the Eagle... I think the animation is not finish.
    Yeah that better be placeholder 'cause it didnt look good at all, and it looks a whole lot like the monks fists of fury animation which doesnt make any sense to use, imo.
    Also, why the hell did they think it was necessary to change the icons of some of the old abilities we're getting back? I know its a VERY small and really insignificant visual thing that doesnt really matter, but it annoys me a whole lot and looks completely wrong to me. I dont like it!

Deleted
    As if I needed another reason to transmog away from that pathetic spear.

Quote Originally Posted by beastman421 View Post
    As if I needed another reason to transmog away from that pathetic spear.
    Best polearm in the game, don't be mad, to each their own.

Deleted
    I guess i never will be surrv at all.

pft best polearms all come from WOTLK everyone knows that
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

Hope Fury of the Eagle ends up sort of like Pantheon or some sort of quick, multiple spear jabs

so will there be class-unique animations now? that sounds too good to be true tbh.

after 10 years I welcome anything new though, and they're pretty cool too.

p.s. gief gnome.

Deleted
    It's a spear. With 75 % polearm animations. If Blizzard replace all the chopping (!?) animations with spear equivalents you have a point (heh). Until then you're badong.

Quote Originally Posted by beastman421 View Post
    It's a spear. With 75 % polearm animations. If Blizzard replace all the chopping (!?) animations with spear equivalents you have a point (heh). Until then you're badong.
    so those aren't actually new animations then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    so those aren't actually new animations then?
    At work so can't examine them in detail but at least the autoattack animations are old (and stupid enough to ruin the weapon for me).

Deleted
    Why the fuck is that human holding the spear that way. Who designed that stance?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Why the fuck is that human holding the spear that way. Who designed that stance?
    Hmmmm it's the stance that is in the game for Polearm/Staff since Vanilla...soooo original team ?

Deleted
    rhetorical question m8, I'm well aware that this is the normal stance. Doesn't change the fact that it looks horrible and wrong to hold a spear that way.

Just shows how old this game is.... ugh. I don't think I can play Survival when I have a Dragoon waiting to be played in FF14, way more fun to look at him.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-12-04 at 04:24 PM.