Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Retribution Paladin Legion Animations

Found this video today, but didn't see a thread yet for the animations. For those interested, here's a video going through all of the skill animations as they currently are in Beta.

Gotta say... I feel REALLY weird about the Judgement change... I'm not sure I like Judgement going from a cast feel to a thrown hammer. I get they wanted to make paladin feel a bit less "battle mage", and they did, and in a lot of ways I enjoy the new animations, but Judgement does not settle with me very well.

Thoughts?

I hope we can get the Templar's Verdict spin back. I'm happy with the change to Judgment. It replaces what I think would have been lost with the removal of Hammer of Wrath.

I am really liking the new casting and judgement animations

Deleted
    LoL, Rebuke = Bitchslap

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Found this video today, but didn't see a thread yet for the animations. For those interested, here's a video going through all of the skill animations as they currently are in Beta.

Gotta say... I feel REALLY weird about the Judgement change... I'm not sure I like Judgement going from a cast feel to a thrown hammer. I get they wanted to make paladin feel a bit less "battle mage", and they did, and in a lot of ways I enjoy the new animations, but Judgement does not settle with me very well.

Thoughts?
    Since Hammer of Wrath was removed I'm not really surprised they used that animation for Judgement now. It seems the animation for that spell changes depending on your distance from the enemy. I think it's pretty cool. I do like that they have updated the DS animation, but I'm pretty fond of the old animation. That one is going to take some getting used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    that charge tho, do want very much.
    It definitely could be more. Like a gliding holy beam instead of simply reusing the charge animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge has no animation yet at all, it will be added later. Using some placeholder now.

Animations are nice, especially Crusader Strike, Verdict and the new animation where sword is raised up to cast stuff.

I guess I'm the only one underwhelmed. Pretty sloppy animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really happy with the new animations. New Judgement looks really cool and nothing looks as epic as Mass Judgement. Seeing all those hammers fall down on multiples enemies. So satisfying.

Was 50/50 with Paladin for Legion but after seeing more info (animations/traits/talents), Ret is still gonna be my baby!

I don't like Blades of Justice, I don't like the "new" Templar's Verdict (it's just the "special attack" animation for one-handed weapons that's been in the game since Vanilla), I don't like the new Judgement, I don't like the new Divine Storm.

I don't like mixing hammers and swords (this can be fixed by Glyphs, and I support "Glyph of Damocles" to turn Execution Sentence [or Judgement if they turn it back to what we currently have, which I strongly prefer] into a sword).

I do kind of like Crusader Flurry, except it kind of looks like a home run swing, and as spammy as it is, that's going to get real old, real fast.

I also like the gold shiny trail left behind on Crusader Flurry and Templar's Verdict.

Geez i really like these animations! i may actually take my pally seriously this Xpac and dust him off! never felt that ret actually felt much different from a warrior other than ability icons, but these animations are amazing! keep it up blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is good, divine hammers are not, the spell is sustained pretty much and with that huge animation it's frikkin' seizure inducing.

Deleted
    Damn you can really see what Blizzard as done with the new models!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Everything is good, divine hammers are not, the spell is sustained pretty much and with that huge animation it's frikkin' seizure inducing.
    where did you see Divine Hammers animation? It doesn't seem to be working.

Deleted
    I will say I'm not too thrilled about the sword from the ground spell effect it looks kinda strange.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2015-12-04 at 12:35 PM.

Crusader flurry looks decent. I really love the new judgement animation, and the divine storm one is sexy as well just wish it lasted as long as the one we have now. Actually using your weapon for animations is something I was seriously hoping for, and that was delivered. We actually raise our weapon when we cast an ability that requires it and it's pretty sick. Haven't had weapons incorporated into animations like that yet. Overall pretty happy.

Deleted
    Is there a reason we can't have the original Divine Storm back, like in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrTCJ7t7dDU

Make sure to mute the video though, since it's accompanied by some horrible noise that some people refer to as "music".

EDIT:

Better video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPJooOnVkQ
    Last edited by mmoc4df2ab8a0e; 2015-12-04 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    have anyone actually played prot yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    have anyone actually played prot yet?
    As far as I know is prot not available at the moment.

The /hammerthrow animation for judgement looks odd, but the spell effects are great. The end to templar's verdict twirl is something every paladin should rejoice in, but im curious how it looks on other races; most of the alpha plays have been with human males.