Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold farming videos since I suck at making gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch random entertaining videos, like top 10 or that, hidden places of Azeroth, seriously just random stuff lol. There seem to be enough of those though, so I would suggest just making videos about the aspects of the game that you like. Even if you don't get a large following at least you are having fun.

Fatboss raid guides. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've watched a few of bellulars videos and its typically the stuff where he discusses certain more interesting topics that are usually about game design.

I find those interesting myself, especially since he's the polar opposite of me in that he's fairly "casual" at the game and yet he can still be quite objective.
    That sounds interesting. I'll take a look

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Gold farming videos since I suck at making gold.
    That's a really good idea! People always ask me how I have so much gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I watch random entertaining videos, like top 10 or that, hidden places of Azeroth, seriously just random stuff lol. There seem to be enough of those though, so I would suggest just making videos about the aspects of the game that you like. Even if you don't get a large following at least you are having fun.
    I remember watching one of those "hidden places" videos and I ended up logging on to go and check them out. Maybe I could try and find some more hidden stuff.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Preach, Nixxom and Moocluck, Bellular, Crendor, Asmongold (on rare occasions), HeelvsBabyface (on rarer occasions), Fatboss, Final Boss, Nobbel, and just other random videos
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-12-05 at 06:10 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Preach, Bellular, Asmongold, Crendor.. probably others that I'm forgetting. I don't watch videos all the time, but I subscribe and just watch one when I see something new in the feed. I don't really go out in search of WoW stuff like I used to. I haven't seen any good pvp stuff lately, but I wouldn't mind seeing a good frost mage.

Deleted
    I tend to only watch videos of the last & highest difficulty boss because it tends to contain an extra twist over what I can, storywise, experience in LFR. Other videos are not interesting to me. The gameplay I can experience on my own, information about changes is all there in the patch notes, and addons are without fail better explained in the creator-made documentation.

If you want to make videos you're probably going to need a unique spin on things. Something that makes people want to watch and listen to you. If you're struggling to find things to talk about, I suspect it's going to be difficult to do so with the kind of enthusiasm and interest needed to attract other people.

Then again, I have no idea why Twitch is even a thing - let alone something people would pay money for - so what do I know.

Top 10 videos is what happens when streamers and youtubers channels start to die, there's 13 of them in a dozen and it's always just one persons personal opinion on something. Not that interesting per sey.

All the top youtubers already do class guides or leveling guides etc, so i don't see the point, there's only so many things that can be introduced about a class or how to master them.

Some do gold guides, there may be market for that type of content, if you have something original to contribute, good ways or spots to farm, not just do your garrison missions on several toons daily.

PVP, is probably the most viewed thing for WoW in live streaming, but as someone already said, it's nearly 100% of people shouting 'Get rekt' and other nonsense 11 year olds say, while being pocket healed. It's not that interesting as content, it's more about the streamer personality that's entertaining to watch, some of the people on twitch for example makes you wonder how do they survive through a day without injuring themselves or how do they even manage to put on socks and pants in the morning, but after a while it can be entertaining comedy to observe. And there's also the fact that it's a 13 in dozen business, so it's nothing original.

Soloing and specially guides and tips for hard old raids, basically anything MoP atm is something that people themselves possibly want to do right now.
    I know i've grinded and cleared all raids below Cata for mounts, logical step is to move to MoP, but there's quite a lot of stuff in there that impossible to solo right now, specially in 25 hc and mythic for most of the classes. There's an opportunity to share tips and tricks.

If you know google and wowhead, most of the toys even rare toys and pets are not that hard to find.
    Unfortunately not a whole lot of people know how to google so a rare item guides might also have an audience.

Transmog competitions with submissions is actually interesting to watch, people can be quite original and cool new mogs surface that way.
    Problem is that it does require quite a bit effort to put together, which is why many bigger youtubers and streamers don't do it that often.
    I think the last transmog show Preach did had well over 1000 submissions that they aired, the submitted amount was much larger, but due to misposted emails and file names not everyones got on the air. So it's something that's entertaining to watch obviously. Format goes a long way too, rather than having a winner decided by one person or streamer, it's nice to have the option for the audience to vote, don't know how that would work in youtube environment though, it's more of a live streaming thing.

People do do other type of transmog content, but it usually boils down to the first one on this list which is the top 10s.

Of the youtubers that i know of Nobbel is the only one that does lore videos.
    Personally i find lore and fantasy world history highly interesting and read a lot about it.
    The lore is pretty set in stone so there's not much to variety or impro you can do with it, but there's also plenty to start with.
    It very well could work as a storytelling point for channel. If you're good at using graphical tools like photoshop and after effects for graphical representation for characters etc and willing to use your voice as voiceover over the video presentantion, I'd think people who usually wouldn't research lore things by reading themselves a storytelling series could be a nice thing to have, it's like watching a movie or series or listening to a podcast, you just put it on and listen, don't have to do research. Basically like what Blizzard themselves did with the orc warlords before WoD was launch, they had those video descriptions for each warlord.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-12-06 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    chronicles of alexstrasza

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    That's a really good idea! People always ask me how I have so much gold.
    I only have 6000 gold on my main character...please make a video of how to make gold

Yeah another WoW channel...

Some people need attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah another WoW channel...

Some people need attention.
    Why don't you make videos showing us how much of a clown you are.
    Actually don't, we can see by this post that you are.

OT: I wish you all the best in your endeavour OP
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2015-12-07 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    I already said PvP is not an option, lol. I was just saying that it's something some people enjoy watching. Also, I'm not a dude :P

I like achievements and collecting things, though, so I guess that could be an idea Maybe also transmog and hunter pets. Though I was mostly wondering if there's any part of non-beta gameplay that people actually like to watch besides PvP. I don't think any of it is particularly fun to watch, but maybe I'm just not thinking about it the right way.

I don't use very many addons but I guess it could be an opportunity to find new ones
    just wear a revealing top and no bra

that works for the girls on twitch

Deleted
    I recently started a gaming channel and have been working on a Let's Play, but I also want to post WoW-related videos. The problem is I have no idea what to post.
    You have this the wrong way around. You make videos because you want to share with people. What do you enjoy watching? What do you do in wow that you would enjoy watching? If you wouldn't watch yourself then likely others won't.

I'm not sure you really want to do this, it is a lot of work. Unless you have a real passion for it you won't persevere with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Other than that, it's not really that interesting on the PVE side.
    Untrue. PVE is fascinating when it is done right. Simply uploading footage of a raid you were in is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I only have 6000 gold on my main character...please make a video of how to make gold
    To tell the truth most of making gold could be summarized as garrisons/shipyard/kazzak/cata heroics. Beyond that it gets increasingly difficult and pointless. If you want more gold level up an alt so you can do the above twice.

I don't watch very much in the way of Warcraft videos. When I do, it's usually something like Crendor's Pointless Top Ten that's just silly, short, and reminds me of some of the neat random shit in game that I haven't seen in a while or never stopped to appreciate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to watch those over-the-top parodies of PvP videos back in the Vanilla/TBC days. Somethingawf's Rogue PvP video back in Vanilla would be the biggest example.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    Top 10 videos is what happens when streamers and youtubers channels start to die, there's 13 of them in a dozen and it's always just one persons personal opinion on something. Not that interesting per sey.

All the top youtubers already do class guides or leveling guides etc, so i don't see the point, there's only so many things that can be introduced about a class or how to master them.

Some do gold guides, there may be market for that type of content, if you have something original to contribute, good ways or spots to farm, not just do your garrison missions on several toons daily.

PVP, is probably the most viewed thing for WoW in live streaming, but as someone already said, it's nearly 100% of people shouting 'Get rekt' and other nonsense 11 year olds say, while being pocket healed. It's not that interesting as content, it's more about the streamer personality that's entertaining to watch, some of the people on twitch for example makes you wonder how do they survive through a day without injuring themselves or how do they even manage to put on socks and pants in the morning, but after a while it can be entertaining comedy to observe. And there's also the fact that it's a 13 in dozen business, so it's nothing original.

Soloing and specially guides and tips for hard old raids, basically anything MoP atm is something that people themselves possibly want to do right now.
    I know i've grinded and cleared all raids below Cata for mounts, logical step is to move to MoP, but there's quite a lot of stuff in there that impossible to solo right now, specially in 25 hc and mythic for most of the classes. There's an opportunity to share tips and tricks.

If you know google and wowhead, most of the toys even rare toys and pets are not that hard to find.
    Unfortunately not a whole lot of people know how to google so a rare item guides might also have an audience.

Transmog competitions with submissions is actually interesting to watch, people can be quite original and cool new mogs surface that way.
    Problem is that it does require quite a bit effort to put together, which is why many bigger youtubers and streamers don't do it that often.
    I think the last transmog show Preach did had well over 1000 submissions that they aired, the submitted amount was much larger, but due to misposted emails and file names not everyones got on the air. So it's something that's entertaining to watch obviously. Format goes a long way too, rather than having a winner decided by one person or streamer, it's nice to have the option for the audience to vote, don't know how that would work in youtube environment though, it's more of a live streaming thing.

People do do other type of transmog content, but it usually boils down to the first one on this list which is the top 10s.

Of the youtubers that i know of Nobbel is the only one that does lore videos.
    Personally i find lore and fantasy world history highly interesting and read a lot about it.
    The lore is pretty set in stone so there's not much to variety or impro you can do with it, but there's also plenty to start with.
    It very well could work as a storytelling point for channel. If you're good at using graphical tools like photoshop and after effects for graphical representation for characters etc and willing to use your voice as voiceover over the video presentantion, I'd think people who usually wouldn't research lore things by reading themselves a storytelling series could be a nice thing to have, it's like watching a movie or series or listening to a podcast, you just put it on and listen, don't have to do research. Basically like what Blizzard themselves did with the orc warlords before WoD was launch, they had those video descriptions for each warlord.
    Wow, thanks for the long, informative post. Super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    OT: I wish you all the best in your endeavour OP
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    just wear a revealing top and no bra

that works for the girls on twitch
    Sounds like a plan! Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You have this the wrong way around. You make videos because you want to share with people. What do you enjoy watching? What do you do in wow that you would enjoy watching? If you wouldn't watch yourself then likely others won't.
    That's a good way to look at it. You might have just given me an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Untrue. PVE is fascinating when it is done right. Simply uploading footage of a raid you were in is not.
    Exactly why I made this post. I love PvE - I just need to find a way to make it interesting

I especially enjoy rage quit/guild drama videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKgIbwGunw this sort

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    None..

Why would I watch a game, when I can play it?
    Becouse most of us can do both? 2 monitors anyone? Like me watching nobbel lore vidoes while afking in garrison trying to find something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, there was someone who linked their video to this site a while back of all of the goofy shit that happens in their raids, but I can't remember it.

Some guy recorded all of the goofy things that him and his raid group does and says, then showed it to us. I'm not sure if I could continuously watch videos like that, but the first video was so entertaining.