Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    From watching the video, I almost get this Year One vibe from it. So yes, he could make interesting decisions as he may be bound to make mistakes an experienced Batman would not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Telltale games seems to become like CoD, 1 every year(more or less), or are the multiple dev teams in the company?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Telltale games seems to become like CoD, 1 every year(more or less), or are the multiple dev teams in the company?
    You know CoD has 3 dev teams, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can we not. Enough of this.
    Why not? They are obviously not (as) hard to develop and their games fit the appeal perfectly. I haven't played all of their games so I can't comment on the recent Minecraft series, but TWD, TWAU, Borderlands, and GoT were all solid gold story telling.

My only worry is how they will make this work when Batman has pretty much been a static character throughout his lifetime. My hope is that the game's POV is on some detective or other side character that is open to act as he/she pleases. Batman's dialogue will have little variety or it won't make a lot of sense for the franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Wish they'd focus on fewer games and have choices that actually matter in their games.
    I'm not a huge fan of Telltale Games, but I've always had a little bit of a hard time grasping this complaint. While your ending might not be drastically changed by the choices you made, the choices you made drastically changed your journey through the game. I think this is especially fitting for choice-heavy games like Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Telltale Games, but I've always had a little bit of a hard time grasping this complaint. While your ending might not be drastically changed by the choices you made, the choices you made drastically changed your journey through the game. I think this is especially fitting for choice-heavy games like Mass Effect.
    Whether my choices affected the game or not have little bearing to my enjoyment of the story presented to me.

There's very few videogames I play now, where the actual GAME is more enjoyable to me then the story it presents. (Paradox might be the exception, !@#$ing crazyhours I've put into CK2 & EU4.... but ... yeesh.... CK2 is a storybuilder on its own)

I certainly didn't play Borderlands 2 because I liked "the game", I *loved* the heck out of handsome jack and the crazy hilarity of things. And Telltale got this down pat in Tales from the Borderlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Any examples?

I had that thinking for the first Walking Dead game, but the next one, no I didn't. The Game of Thrones series (I've not done the last couple of chapters), apart from a decent story, choices didn't matter worth 2 fucks.

When you replay these games, you notice there is no difference. Now they can provide a very good story, but their niche is meant to be you make decisions that matter and make a difference. It's all fake and misleading.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-12-05 at 05:00 AM.