Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    The whole basis for this thread seems to be that you DO in fact have something to hide.
    no the whole basis of this thread is his incredulity at having to take such a drug test at all for the job he applied for - he personally thinks its not needed, but in reality, if you are going to be operating any type of machinery (like warehouses do) or be responsible for a mass amount of property ( like warehouses hold) then i believe it to be a reasonable requirement to ensure the ppl you employ are ppl who dont do drugs that could cause accidents to happen to property or other employees - that said, how effective is a drug test really when ppl can LEGALLY be alcoholics and still have the same kind of accidents that the drugs you screened them for could cause?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2015-12-04 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    no the whole basis of this thread is his incredulity at having to take such a drug test at all for the job he applied for - he personally thinks its not needed, but in reality, if you are going to be operating any type of machinery (like warehouses do) or be responsible for a mass amount of property ( like warehouses hold) then i believe it to be a reasonable requirement to ensure the ppl you employ are ppl who dont do drugs that could cause accidents to happen to property or other employees - that said, how effective is it really when ppl can be LEGALLY be alcoholics and still have the same kind of accidents that the drugs you screened them for could?
    Thankfully you wrote that last sentence

Weed is about as dangerous in your system weeks after smoking as alcohol is (hint: it's not dangerous anymore). But since the boss would have to fire himself for his alcohol addiction, they're testing for weed instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found this...didn't read it..may be bs https://www.health-street.net/blog-d...cts-and-myths/

Deleted
    That is not a hair follicle test if they don't pull out a string just cut the end of it. Follicle is the base. This test is different than a urine test because your body replaces water in your body very frequently (drink > take a leak). But chemicals that find their way into your hair will never be cleared out of it, except you wait a little so the hair part with the chemicals grows out and you cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    no the whole basis of this thread is his incredulity at having to take such a drug test at all for the job he applied for - he personally thinks its not needed, but in reality, if you are going to be operating any type of machinery (like warehouses do) or be responsible for a mass amount of property ( like warehouses hold) then i believe it to be a reasonable requirement to ensure the ppl you employ are ppl who dont do drugs that could cause accidents to happen to property or other employees - that said, how effective is a drug test really when ppl can LEGALLY be alcoholics and still have the same kind of accidents that the drugs you screened them for could cause?
    The question is how much doing drugs in his offtime, affects his ability to work while sober during the work day. If im 100% sober while at work, should it matter what I do when I get home?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just something that has not been mentioned -- Some Companies do have a banned medication list and having those in your system can be treated the same as any other illegal drug.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

Weed is about as dangerous in your system weeks after smoking as alcohol is (hint: it's not dangerous anymore). But since the boss would have to fire himself for his alcohol addiction, they're testing for weed instead.

Drinking behaviour can be classified according to the following EtG concentrations in hair:
    Drinking Behaviour
    EtG-Concentration in pg/mg
    Abstinence 0 -7
    Excessive Consumption 7 - 30
    Highly Excessive Consumption 30 - 50
    Alcohol Dependency Over 50

They could very well be testing for alcohol as well. I'm not sure why people are surprised by this type of testing for a job like this. An addict in an office is an annoyance and hindrance. An addict in a warehouse gets people killed. This is EXACTLY the type of job that should be testing rigorously.
    Last edited by cordrann; 2015-12-04 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asethi View Post
    I kind of feel like hair testing is a violation of privacy in a way, my armpits feel weird now and the whole situation has left me with a uncomfortable feeling.

Not like I have anything to hide, but is a hair drug test REALLY necessary? Ugh
    Your hair is a good indicator of drug history, maybe that is what they are looking for. Anyone can pass a urine test because it only contains recent drugs in your system.

As far as why they are durg testing for a warehouse position? Easy, theft. They dont want people stealing expensive product to support a habit. Or maybe their suppliers/customers require it (contractually). Is it right or wrong? Is there better ways to do it? Is their concern real? Yes, no, maybe, but that is how they are operating.

If your dosage is low, it may not show up, if it is recent it may not even be in the sample they retrieved, if they didnt take it to the root.

The only way to counter something being traced in your hair is to have it cut before hand. They'll be able to trace whatever you taken since it was last cut basically (depending on how short you have it done) Regardless, I wouldn't expect them to have a major problem with a bit of weed in your system. More people smoke it than those that don't these days so it seems. They're looking for proper drugs
    I remember you... In the mountains

Deleted
    Don't smoke weed then /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're probably fine...the follicle tests can in fact go back years...in any case don't worry about it, you'll find out soon enough.

My dad was in the military growing up and he had to avoid poppy seed muffins due to drug testing, apparently the poppy seeds would show up as an opiate when drug tested. :/ Not sure if that is still a thing.

I love lemon poppy seed muffins so I find it particularly sad that there were whole groups of people out there who couldn't eat them out of fear of them showing up in drug tests. :sadface:
    My uncle got popped for opiate a couple of years ago because he ate some bread with poppy seeds in it. So it seems to still be a thing. He is the type of guy to drink non alcoholic beer so...yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    My uncle got popped for opiate a couple of years ago because he ate some bread with poppy seeds in it. So it seems to still be a thing. He is the type of guy to drink non alcoholic beer so...yeah lol.
    Boo. I should probably keep that in mind if I need to get drug tested for anything, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there, looking for some input here and maybe i'm over-reacting..

Basically I've never been a huge pot head or anything, I smoked 2 or 3 times between April and June of this year and stopped. I had an interview for a warehouse job at the beginning of October and had 2 interviews. After the 2nd interview, they told me they hired somebody back and they would call me if something opened. Now I figured this was there way of telling me they were not interested. I was out on vacation in November, I was at one of my good friends birthday party and everybody was smoking, I was offered some and at first I didn't want to smoke and told my friends I was maybe waiting to hear back from a job and long story short kind of felt pressured into smoking. I can honestly say I only had 2 or 3 little hits and did not feel high in the slightest bit. I smoked on November 13th, I got back home on November 16th and got a call back from the job I interviewed with almost 2 months ago offering me the position. They said they had to run a background check which would take a couple weeks, and then go ahead with a normal drug test. Now my immediate instinct was to go purchase one of those over the counter drug tests from the store. On the 19th I went out and bought one and surprisingly passed. Now im not sure if its because I didn't have enough in my system for it to show, or if the product was faulty...

Two more weeks go by and I bought another over the counter drug test just to be sure, this was a couple days ago on the 2nd. I pass AGAIN, and these things have over a 99% success rate. So today is the big day where I meet with the company to take my drug test, I show up and they tell me its going to be a hair test. I've NEVER had a hair test in my entire life and my current job is one of high security clearance and not even that does a hair test, so why would a warehouse job require one? Anyways I was pretty nervous driving to the drug test place to give a hair sample.

They took it from my armpit's seeing as my hair on my head is too short. They didn't pull it from the roots or anything they just snipped off some and put it in a little bag. I've read that people say to cut your hair after smoking, but I don't cut armpit hair and I never would of thought that they would do a drug test testing my armpit hair... Do you think that even though I passed 2 urine tests within 2-3 weeks of smoking only 2 or 3 minor hits of pot, that I will pass my hair follicle test? I've heard that they can go back a while (sometimes years) but I'm wondering if I barely have enough in my system to even show considering both urine tests were 99% accurate and I passed.

Has anyone else had a similar situation or know anything about hair drug tests? I've google'd and can't find some solid info and hoping to post on here maybe to find some advice. I know I shouldn't have smoked almost a month ago, but I figured it wasn't a big deal and I wouldn't hear back from the job I had an interview at...won't find out my results til Tuesday hoping for the best.
    Just tell them you went on vacation to a place where it is legal. They can't really fault you for that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

not exactly. They test for alcohol during random drug tests. If you show up drunk, you are FIRED.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    not exactly. They test for alcohol during random drug tests. If you show up drunk, you are FIRED.
    Right but if you smoked in the last 6 months, and they do a hair follicle test, you're fired too. That's mad stupid. If a place doesn't do a urine test for weed, they are trying way too damn hard.

Deleted
    Boo. I should probably keep that in mind if I need to get drug tested for anything, then.
    Mythbusters did a thing on this and you can pop hot for opiates mere hours after eating poppy seed cake.

Will Pretty sure THC will show in your hair based on what you said. Now whether or not its an amount the screeners care about is the question that matters. I have had jobs where they do UAs but they did not disqualify for THC so it didnt matter if you were high while pissing.

Cross your fingers and hope. If you fail, look for a place that doesnt want to know what you do when you are not at work. I find Drug tests abhorrent and would never work at a place that disqualified me based on smoking pot.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of feel like hair testing is a violation of privacy in a way, my armpits feel weird now and the whole situation has left me with a uncomfortable feeling.

Not like I have anything to hide, but is a hair drug test REALLY necessary? Ugh
    No, its a huge invasion IMO.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    The whole basis for this thread seems to be that you DO in fact have something to hide.
    Shh... druggies don't like it when reason steps in to ruin their paranoia.

it's in your system for up to 2 years.

No it's not, but if it bothers you then don't work for them. Really, you don't have to work for a company that does shit you don't like...if more people did this then more companies wouldn't have shitty hiring practices.
    BOOM! This.

I got a fun anecdote. My wife works for a company, rated top 10 to work for in IL. No drug tests of any sort for any position. Their stance is, if you are on time and doing your job up to snuff, why the fuck should we care what you are doing at home? I have gotten high with the owners and half the partners. Their top salesmen EVERY YEAR is high ALL. THE. TIME. Like its a running joke, he walks up to accept his award and he is just blazed. Jokes about him taking performance enhancing drugs and it being unfair. That drug being pot.
    READ and be less Ignorant.