10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

BSOD issues + random hard freezing

Recently wiped my computer to get windows working again, with an oem version. Reinstalled drivers and stuff like that but then i kept getting bsod and random hard freezing to the point where i have to restart my computer in-order to get past the freezing. Did a hard-drive test and it came up with no errors, only one i didnt do is memtest, because computer wouldnt stay on long enough to do it. The memory dump mentions memory_corruption, heres the full file. Specs are

i5 3570k @ 3.8 came as that
    770 GTX no overclock driver 359.00
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB
    CX 750w power supply
    GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Seagate 500gb Black hard drive (dont know the exact specs)

Dump files - https://www.dropbox.com/s/arsodr063i...17-01.dmp?dl=0
    http://i.imgur.com/Bn7o9jA.png
    http://i.imgur.com/rsHBe49.png
    http://i.imgur.com/0GGzgCG.png
    http://i.imgur.com/2fIzlpr.png
    http://i.imgur.com/DnXWFVM.png
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

What did you attempt to use to test the memory? If you use memtest, the computer does not need to boot from anything but a USB stick and can test the memory from there. If it's failing while doing that, it is likely your memory.

As a quick test, you can remove one stick of RAM(if you have multiples) and see how you run for a while with just the one. If everything goes ok for a while, swap them out and try the other one.

Sometimes this can be as simple as one of the sticks came a little loose, so just playing with it like this can solve the issue entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    What did you attempt to use to test the memory? If you use memtest, the computer does not need to boot from anything but a USB stick and can test the memory from there. If it's failing while doing that, it is likely your memory.

As a quick test, you can remove one stick of RAM(if you have multiples) and see how you run for a while with just the one. If everything goes ok for a while, swap them out and try the other one.

Sometimes this can be as simple as one of the sticks came a little loose, so just playing with it like this can solve the issue entirely.
    Dont have a usb to test that so i used another version of memtest, that allows you to use it with the computer booted.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Dont have a usb to test that so i used another version of memtest, that allows you to use it with the computer booted.
    Your computer has no USB ports or you just do not have a USB stick?

You can also burn it to a CD and boot from that.

If you are not booting from a USB/CD to test, you can not actually test it properly.

If you do not have USB ports(highly unlikely), do not have and can not borrow a USB stick from someone or can not burn a CD or know someone who can burn one for you, then you'll have to try what I said and just try the RAM out one stick at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Your computer has no USB ports or you just do not have a USB stick?

You can also burn it to a CD and boot from that.

If you are not booting from a USB/CD to test, you can not actually test it properly.

If you do not have USB ports(highly unlikely), do not have and can not borrow a USB stick from someone or can not burn a CD or know someone who can burn one for you, then you'll have to try what I said and just try the RAM out one stick at a time.
    lawl who wouldnt have usb ports? I just dont have a usb stick too cheap for it XD

- - - Updated - - -

Checked 3 out of 4 ram sticks so far still happens >.>, took the 4th one out, and for some reason it reset my tabs on firefox 0.o

- - - Updated - - -

Tested all 4 still crashes, idk what to test now >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Installed CC cleaner to try that and holy shit loads of issues, mostly locating issues

- - - Updated - - -

Now looking at drivers, is Treexy Driver Fusion reliable?

- - - Updated - - -

Starting to think my hard drive is bad, started installing Tera and thats when it would crash left and right, but turned steam off removed TERA from my computer and then reinstalled steam/left it off, havent had a crash for the past few hrs.