Kotfe looks really good but I have doubts.

I know there's another one of these "returning player, is it worth my time"-thread, but it is 27 pages long and totally cluttered with WoW this and WoW that is better/worse than swtor this and that. I thought making my own thread would help me more than reading through all that.
    Anyway I digress.

I have been playing Swtor on and off since its release. I quit after a year, never "raided" or did any serious PvP. I came back during RotHC for a month or more, quit once again and returned when SoR launched and quit again after a month.

What intrigues me about KotFE is the focus on the story. We don't just get 5 story missions this time to set the setting of the expansion, but whole story chapters. The story in this game is something I have very much enjoyed while I played and the promise to continue to release new chapters just makes it so much better for me.
    I was just wondering if it would be worth it this time around. In the previous expansions swtor always got boring to me due to the lack of story and meaningful single player content. I love me some PvP and flashpoints as such as much as the next person, but sometimes I just want to go do some single-player content that isn't the same meaningless quests farming some valuta for gear every day/week.

I know what you think "go play some Witcher 3, fallout 4, KoTOR, or something in the mean time", but that just isn't the same thing to me.
    I want to do more in the MMO, I play than queue up and wait 20 min for a group and then do the same quests I did yesterday/last week, exit the game, and do it all over again next day/week. I hope KotFE offers what I want, and I hope someone here can tell me that it does (to some degree) or doesn't, so I don't waste my money.

Don't let the "chapters" part give you a false impression of the length. This isn't the same chapters we had a launch that covered 20+ levels and 2-6 planets. Some of these chapters are longish (esp 7) but most of them are 30 mins long IF you don't skip any dialogue. Unless you're playing 3-4 hours a week it will only take you a night or two to play through all 9 chapters. It's a good story and definitely worth playing, but if you don't want to do the standard end-game mmo stuff you'll probably only get a week or two of play out of it. The short amount of story content after chapter 9 will give you a few more days/weeks out of it. Recruiting all the alliance companions and doing the various Star Fortress runs are only very small amounts of story, but it's interesting the first time through. After that you're mostly farming the old planetary heroic missions for lockboxes that you turn in for Alliance rep. You'll get at least a few weeks of play time before you really start feeling the mmo grind.

TL'DR: It's one month of sub time, there is no box to buy. It's cheap. Just do it.

The story in KotFE is not so long that it will last months. It can be done in a weekend. Less than 10 hours of gameplay.

If the story is the only area of interest a one month sub is more than enough to 'do it all' at least once.

Yeah I'd say it is worth a month's sub for it. I'm not a fan of the stuff after the story but going through the story a couple of times is nice.

the story is really good, but also currently quite short. If you're only really in it for the story chapters I would probably wait a few months and resub after some more chapters have been released.

I played through on a boosted character (I'd strongly suggest going with a Jedi or Sith) and it was extremely immersive and fun. It actually pulled me back in for a bit, so doing some of the old class stories and catching up on SoR and such now.

I'd personally say it is worth the $15, but I would wait until you have an active sub on Jan 11 for the companion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I think it is the best deal EA ever made cause you pay $15 for 10 chapters usually they make you buy it separately

Deleted

Red face

Story was great as usual, but the rest of the game hasn’t changed. Can’t stand the PvP nor the PvE (raiding). Compared to WoW, for me, those 2 elements need alot of work. PvP/PvE is laggy/glitchy - I’ve been on Swtor off and on since release, never playing more than a month.

Chapters were kind of short but nonetheless, was a blast. Love Star Wars lore