Thread: Yugioh Thread

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Did a drinking game with shots when people lost monsters or life points. Never, ever, ever again. (God damn nimble momongas)

I've always said that the best way to rekindle Yu-Gi-Oh would be to increase the powers of cards that are already irrelevant. Of course that would require a revamp of sorts, but if you could summon Gate Guardian in real life, that should have had the Exodia win mechanism. Because nobody can do it! So nobody would still make that deck, but that deck could still be played at the same time.

Has the banlist finally been set in stone? The main reason I left was because it rotates every 6 months and I wasn't interested in taking out mirror force and putting it back in every 6 months, just like heavy storm and black luster soldier etc.
    They have been supporting the old cards now for about 2 years ish for example the world championships this year which was today was a mirror match between 2 blue-eyes decks. The banlist will never be set in stone due the the amount of broken shit this game has

- - - Updated - - -

The banlist now just changes whenever the hell Konami feels like it which isn't often

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    They have been supporting the old cards now for about 2 years ish for example the world championships this year which was today was a mirror match between 2 blue-eyes decks. The banlist will never be set in stone due the the amount of broken shit this game has

- - - Updated - - -

The banlist now just changes whenever the hell Konami feels like it which isn't often
    Oh boy, I'm a real big fan of that. *rolls eyes*

I honestly hated the block banning they did with MTG but this arbitrary pick and arbitrary interval one has come to turn out worse. I never though I'd see the day or say it myself, but now I just hate both ban types. I'll just pretend yugioh had the better system but konami didn't do well by it, and MTG has a worse system but does very well by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Thought Konami said they were not changing anything on the banlist
    I mean, something has to change. Mega Tins coming out and Worlds is the weekend, plus they gotta push the new stuff like metalfoes, abcs and subterrors (who are supposed to be the high rarity tcg exclusive of the format, ala BA and Kozmo)

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I mean, something has to change. Mega Tins coming out and Worlds is the weekend, plus they gotta push the new stuff like metalfoes, abcs and subterrors (who are supposed to be the high rarity tcg exclusive of the format, ala BA and Kozmo)
    According to this video there will be no changes to the banlist atleast anytime soon

Worlds Finals

Brickfest in the mirror match. Yugioh is a skillful game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

- - - Updated - - -

1 more thing, if you guys need a ygopro download link, I have one that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    eh I just wanted to look at the new art works with DN. Didnt have Ygopro
    Want the link for ygopro?
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-08-22 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    is there a place where i can watch the new movie (with subs?)

NEW BANLIST http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

RIP Pendulum decks. Everyone else just got slaps on the wrist, fuck you konami

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, Raphael sounds too much like Kaiba. Love the voices, but maybe he should have outsourced that one.

Also, even in a show as intentionally absurd as this, Yami was not even close to acting like himself.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-10-25 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    http://animeflv.me/Ver/68879/yu-gi-o...16/episodio-1/

The Darkside of Dimensions in english Dub. Sadly with Spanish subtitles. If anyone knows a version without spanish, it would be appriciated.

The link is already dead. I want to watch the movie but I'm having a hard time finding a proper way to watch a dubbed version.

Are there any gb or ps games where you can put down high level monsters without having to sacrifice? Any new video games with a large library of recent cards?

10+ Year Old Account
    btw the movie was weird

What do you guys think about link summons? I am cautiously optimistic despite it really nerfing my current decks for the most part.

Kind of took a break with Pendulums because i wasn't a big fan. It wasn't bad i was just more of an Xyz and Ritual guy, but i'm enjoying the new format a lot even if my beloved Ghostricks deck is completely dead.

Only thing i note right now is get ready for Link Spider to be limited real soon. Use something like Goblinburg or Marauding Captain and you can get one of those in each extra monster zone quick and if you have the right trap/spell/effect to keep them alive for a turn or two you can get an extra deck monster engine going as usual while your opponent has to resort to effects monsters at best. Which isn't totally bad with things like kaiju or the movie booster series Slipher for example but i am seeing that become a 'must have' in every extra deck. Granted the number of Links in the west is a common 3 in total right now so it could just be another Utopia or Stardust Dragon for now but we all know a 'everyone must use this' card never lasts.

Personally i threw together a Buster Blader Deck and while not competitive amongst friends it seems fine since its a dual fusion/synchro archetype and the cyberse and links monsters are very friendly with that when a lot of spell/traps for BB recycle out the GY. right now im using:

Monsters
    3x Buster Blader
    2x Buster Blader, The Destruction Swordsman
    1x Subterror Nemesis Warrior
    1x Subterror Behemoth Umastryx
    1x Goblinbergh
    1x Linkslayer

1x Bitron
    1x Draconnet (really useful for your Buster Whelp tuners as well as link summon material)
    1x Kuribandit
    1x RAM Clouder
    1x Beast King Barbaros
    2x Wizard Buster Destruction Sword
    1x Robot Buster Destruction Sword
    2x Dragon Buster Destruction Sword
    3x Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman

Magic Cards
    1x Cynet Universe
    1x United We Stand
    1x The Warrior Returning Alive
    2x Destruction Swordsman Fusion (things like pot of avarice and Kuribandit make the usually expected 3 a waste of space)
    1x Supply Squad
    Emblem of the Dragon Destroyer (most say go 3 but 1 is really enough)
    1x Galaxy Cycle
    1x Dark hole
    1x Karma of the Destruction Swordsman
    1x Swords of Revealing Light
    1x Twin Twisters

Trap Cards
    1x Destruction Sword Memories
    1x Destruction sword Flash
    1x Call of the Haunted
    1x Solemn Wishes (been in every deck ive used since starter deck Pegasus, totally underrated card)
    1x Jar of Avarice
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Kings Consonance

Extra Deck
    Link Cards
    1x Decode talker
    1x Honeybot
    1x Link Spider

Synchro Cards
    1x Tyrant Red Dragon Archefiend
    1x Chaofeng, Phantom of the Yang Zing
    1X Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
    2x Buster Dragon

Xyz Cards
    1x Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy (BeWD on steriods)
    1x Number 39: Utopia
    1x Number C39: Utopia Ray

Fusion Cards
    2x Buster Blader, The Dragon Destroyer Swordsman
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-07-31 at 08:00 PM.

My friends and i got bit by the bug again with Link format in a big way, but i've been running Buster Blader for like a year and i've changed it 4 times this format and while its fun and wins more often than not building up to the same fusion and synchros just with a decode talker or missus radiant thrown in is a bet boring so im looking at something interesting to pick next. I got 14 packs from my local store of code of the duelist and my notable pulls were the following:

>1 supreme king Dragon odd eyes
    >1 supreme king Dragon starving venom
    >1 supreme king Dragon clear wing
    >1 gouki the great ogre
    >2 gouki suprex
    >2 gouki twistcobra
    >1 gouki rematch
    >2 vendread slayer
    >1 vendread houndhorde
    >4 vendread revenants
    >5 Vendread Origin
    >1 Lyla Twilightsworn encahntress
    >1 Punishment Dragon
    >1 Ryko, Twilightsworn Fighter
    >4 Jain, Twilightsworn General
    >5 Twilight Twin Dragons
    >1 Twilight Eraser
    >3 Twilight Cloth
    >1 Wold Legacy World Chalice
    >2 Crowned by the World Chalice
    >2 Chosen by the World Chalice
    >4 Beckoned by the World Chalice
    >1 World Legacys Heart
    >2 World Legacy Landmark
    >1 World Chalice Guardragon
    >1 Trickstar Candina
    >2 Trickstar Lilybell

and a bunch of cyberse wizard, missus radiant and a couple heavy dust tornados and return to the front.

Seems like the rarest new Archetype is Trickstars followed by Gouki after a power gap. Then Vendreads bar its trap card are common-ish but i dont think you can pull a booster and NOT get at least one World Chalice or Twilightsworn card.

Personally i think Vendreads finally pushing me to make that zombie red eyes deck i've wanted to for years. Kozmo was neat as wizard of oz X star wars but vendreads Resident Evil X Spawn is 90's cheese with fun mechanics.

Plus i just want to see a neat zombie deck thats not shiranui samurai.

After a few weeks of playing the format i can say Links is fun but kills pendulums and makes ritual-synchro decks king. Really think Link Spider will get a limit as every deck i've seen now runs the same thing. Summon gofu which summons two tokens. Use a token for a link spider each and use both for missus radiant and use that and gofu for decode talker all in the same turn and you can do this on turn 1. And if every deck runs it that usually means limited list time.

Personally i've put together a budget zombie deck thats good fun, aside from 3 or 4 cards everything can be found online for around a dollar each which makes it a good break from Buster Blader:

Monsters
    >3 Revendread Slayer
    >2 Vendread Houndhorde
    >2 Vendread Revenants
    >3 Mezuki
    >2 Uni Zombie
    >1 Red Eyes Zombie Dragon
    >2 Shiranui Solitaire
    >2 Shiranui spiritmaster
    >1 Shiranui smith
    >2 Shiranui Samurai
    >1 Shiranui Spectralsword
    >1 Zombina
    >1 Gozuki
    >1 Zombie Master
    Spells
    >3 Pre Preperation of rites
    >1 Preparation of rights
    >3 Revendread Origin
    >1 Zombie world
    >1 Shiranui Style Sword Synthesis
    >1 Twin Twister
    >1 Foolish Burial
    >1 Burial from a different Dimension
    Traps
    >2 Shiranui Swallow Style Strike
    >1 Back to the Front
    >1 Heavy Storm Duster
    >1 Mirror force
    Extra Deck
    >1 Decode Talker
    >2 Missus Radiant
    >1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archefiend
    >2 Shiranui Shogunsaga
    >1 PSY OMEGA
    >1 Crystalwing Synchro Dragon
    >1 Void Ogre Dragon
    >1 Archefiend Zombie Skull
    >1 Doomkaiser Dragon

Basically a float synchro deck. You keep sending stuff to the graveyard or banishing and keep getting stuff back. Right now i can recommend it because its cheap, vendread slayer is maybe the best ritual monster, the zombie themes a nice alternative to the common dragons,warriors or spellcasters and best of all its got more cards coming on the way and for the most part really doesnt rely on link monsters at all. You keep sending stuff to the graveyard including your synchros and pulling stuff back while rituals dont need links at all. Very fun deck i can recommend on the cheap.