Page 1 of 131
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[LEGION] Mistweaving Discussion

Just making this so we don't have to keep spamming the 6.2 guide thread with legion talk

people say this every other week. Mistweaver has partial melee immunity. That means you can safely stand in the melee, but you can be targeted by more mechanics overall
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-07-15 at 03:48 PM.

shit we know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scales based of spell power.
    Scalar is based off mastery amount / %
    Can crit

rem is bugged and over rides other rems

tft rechanges when you press it, so you can keep it on you forever and not worry about the cd running up

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some logs for Mistweaver dps rotations. I tried an "apparent" rotation using a Tiger Palm buffed RSK on cooldown and Tiger Palm buffed Blackout Kick as a filler. I also tried a rotation using Spinning Crane Kick as a filler. Cut them both to ~6 minutes.

BoK Filler:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...411&end=373353

SCK Filler:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...544&end=387701

I ran out of mana at some point with the SCK filler rotation, but for burst dps it's definitely the higher damage filler.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

7+ Year Old Account
    RJW: 8 or 10 yards?
    Does anyone test it in alpha?

Deleted
    can someone just tell me what is his impression of MW monk so far in legion alpha?

amazing? mediocre? boring? shit?

I want to main MW SOOOOO bad in legion...

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    RJW: 8 or 10 yards?
    Does anyone test it in alpha?
    I'll get around to it. Once add-ons are enabled, should be able to make a WA to figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrash View Post
    can someone just tell me what is his impression of MW monk so far in legion alpha?

amazing? mediocre? boring? shit?

I want to main MW SOOOOO bad in legion...
    It's currently unplayable; you can't finish the artifact quest. You get to the very end with your artifact and you're supposed to do something with the new Legion-style followers, but the command table doesn't work. The starter monk's heals feel pretty weak, but that's normal considering the shitty gear they give you to start with.

The artifact starts at ilvl 750 btw, so it should be an immediate upgrade for even like 95% of Mythic raiders.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I'll get around to it. Once add-ons are enabled, should be able to make a WA to figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

It's currently unplayable; you can't finish the artifact quest. You get to the very end with your artifact and you're supposed to do something with the new Legion-style followers, but the command table doesn't work. The starter monk's heals feel pretty weak, but that's normal considering the shitty gear they give you to start with.

The artifact starts at ilvl 750 btw, so it should be an immediate upgrade for even like 95% of Mythic raiders.
    try 100%, passive beats out anything else

- - - Updated - - -

You can inline lua on the beta iirc, just use /eval

Havn't gotten the alpha myself, but i can't help but feel like this passive soothing mist is very clunky and awkward from what i've seen during alpha footage.

Cast spell on target X -> Soothing mists it.

Soothing mist is then cancelled whenever you start another heal.

Are they encouraging us to be passive in our playstyle to actually get any kind of value out of it?
    From the looks of it now, your soothing uptime will be non existant if you have a very active healing style. Considering how it's removed when you start another cast. Essentially leading to no more than a tick or two before you proceed to heal something else.

Your guys thoughts on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exquis View Post
    Havn't gotten the alpha myself, but i can't help but feel like this passive soothing mist is very clunky and awkward from what i've seen during alpha footage.

Are they encouraging us to be passive in our playstyle to actually get any kind of value out of it?
    From the looks of it now, your soothing uptime will be non existant if you have a very active healing style. Considering how it's removed when you start another cast. Essentially leading to no more than a tick or two before you proceed to heal something else.

If you don't have unlimited mana to spam heals constantly, you are inevitably going to have to soothing mist something in my opinion. I'd say it's nice to have a bit of extra healing for free.

Soothing Elegance and Jade Serpent Statue make Soothing Mist much more interesting to use. It's difficult to choose those over some of the other talents though.

Just played a bit of the alpha and tried talenting for soothing mists ( statue and increased healing ) and it seemed pretty effective letting it run for quite some time. On the negative side, it looked visually awful to channel this while moving due to bad animation blending. But overall, soothing mist felt promising, making me wish Statue was baseline and vivify didn't exist to muddy up single target healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    Here are some logs for Mistweaver dps rotations. I tried an "apparent" rotation using a Tiger Palm buffed RSK on cooldown and Tiger Palm buffed Blackout Kick as a filler. I also tried a rotation using Spinning Crane Kick as a filler. Cut them both to ~6 minutes.

BoK Filler:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...411&end=373353

SCK Filler:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...544&end=387701

I ran out of mana at some point with the SCK filler rotation, but for burst dps it's definitely the higher damage filler.
    That's some nice information. Are you able to tell us what CJL does with equivalent gear, now that it's buffed? We had Total test it a couple of nights ago, seemed to be doing ~7k a tick IIRC, but exact DPS figures would be nice to have.

Also, has anyone any idea how these figures compare to what other healers can do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    Despite that, I wish Statue was baseline to make soothing mists more core and they could get rid of the lame duck vivify heal.
    Just what are you basing the idea that Vivify is a "lameduck" on?

- - - Updated - - -

You can do a 5 man or jump of dalaran and go quest that way.

The class is good atm.

RJW is 8 yards

Soothing is not clunky ur just not use to it being this way.

elegance and JSS are good, but over shadowed by focused thunder and chi-ji.

Deleted

I mean, it is a bunch of free healing as filler. I have a feeling Monks will be pretty good small-group healers early on, if only for their free healing from Statue and Soothing. Kinda like early Paladins in Cata.

I would have to get my hands on it to get an idea of how it actually feels though. But I'm liking the changes so far.

"Just what are you basing the idea that Vivify is a "lameduck" on? "

User error - I didn't realize it was AoE healing since that's what Essence Font is, so I was comparing it to Effuse in a single target scenario and just finding it redundant. Understanding the root of my confusion makes me think that the spec would benefit from either Essence Font or Vivify being higher impact spell but having longer cooldown.

Our artifact talents are great. The symbiosis of our skills is great, better than on any of the other healers. MW was clunky for 2 expansions and I finally think Legion will be our time. The new skills and talents are harmonizing very well in many aspects.

The Soothing Mist mechanic seems a bit odd but that's my only concern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The Soothing Mist mechanic seems a bit odd but that's my only concern.
    Odd in what way? Do you feel it's something you could get used to, or is your gut feeling that it shouldn't be that way at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Odd in what way? Do you feel it's something you could get used to, or is your gut feeling that it shouldn't be that way at all?
    To be honest I don't know how to handle it yet. I think with Soothing Elegance it's totally fine because you don't even have to think about it anymore. You're doing your normal stuff and Soothing Mist is just a passive additional heal. Without Soothing Elegance you permanently need to think about not to move and stand still so that you don't interrupt your passive healing.

I think they just should make the "can be channeled while moving" standard and maybe reduce the healing power. The talent could be different or just increase the healing for a bigger amount or make it Serpent Statue-like.

Overall the MW looks amazing. Best healer so far imho in Legion. We're incredibly strong with all of our HoTs and mechanics, especially in ST healing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    RJW is 8 yards
    Are you sure? Did you test it in alpha? It would be weird if RJW were really nerfed to 8 yards in legion, since Healing Rain, Wild Mushroom and Holy Word: Sanctify are all 10 yards radius.

In fact, RJW has been nerfed a lot by the removal of ranged immune.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-12-05 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Are you sure? Did you test it in alpha? It would be weird if RJW were really nerfed to 8 yards in legion, since Healing Rain, Wild Mushroom and Holy Word: Sanctify are all 10 yards radius.

In fact, RJW has been nerfed a lot for the removal of ranged immune.
    it's 8 yards.

also it's irrelevant because chi-ji beats everything on that row (with the exception of statue for levelling)