Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    To this day i never understood why people would gank lowbies for hours but that must be it. Attention.
    Because being insulted in response is fun

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    I am sure some of you are going to deny this, but so far all these 'gankers' & 'world pvpers' I came across since wotlk, none of them are above 1750, I armories them every time I get ganked, whether it's in leveling zones or max level zones, I have yet to find any of these guys above 1750.

I'm not an elitist or super skilled pvper, my Highest rating ever is only 2697, so still someway off compared to those
    glads, but yeah, 1750 bracket is definitely not worth my time.
    It's just because most of the peoples are clueless when it comes to PvP, most of the times these players simply don't even do arena.
    I rarely kill low levels, but I did camp a lot of max level players for fun, it's true i'm not a good player at all as I only made it to 2200 on 2v2 and never really played on 3v3 bracket

But the goal of camping in world PvP is not to show off how good you are, it's not a challenge, it's all about pissing off people. The funniest part of camping people, is when they log another character to whisp you and wrangle over the camp, that's why Timeless Isle and the Censer of Eternal Agony was a lot of fun : there, people didn't even have to log in another character on the opposite faction to do this
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2015-12-05 at 07:59 AM.

I don't bother logging a main these days because they generally bitch out and sit on their flying mount(reason WPVP sucks) after they get served till I get bored and log off anyway. Its faster and more constructive to just complete what I need to get done or move areas.

Deleted
    Omfg people, stop giving OP more attention!!111one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    I am sure some of you are going to deny this, but so far all these 'gankers' & 'world pvpers' I came across since wotlk, none of them are above 1750, I armories them every time I get ganked, whether it's in leveling zones or max level zones, I have yet to find any of these guys above 1750.

I'm not an elitist or super skilled pvper, my Highest rating ever is only 2697, so still someway off compared to those
    glads, but yeah, 1750 bracket is definitely not worth my time.
    Well, nobody can deny your experiences, not unless one of them somehow knows who you are in-game and ganked you around that time while having over 1750 rating.

Saying 1750 isn't worth your time is necessarily true, if you mean that in a way of a "fun fight". And there are a number of reasons why, main reason being that rating is based off team fights, not 1v1. Someone who duels a shit ton and only cares about 1v1s isn't going to care about Arena beyond getting the conquest points. Rated Arena isn't the only way to improve your skill.

As much as I'd hate to do this, take me for example. I'll say it, I'm good at Feral. Not the best, but I definitely know my class inside and out. But that should be expected considering that Feral was my main in PvP from Cata until now. My rating? 0. I haven't touched Arena/RBGs in WoD. Got all my gear from Trashcan. It doesn't stop me from going toe to toe with high rated players in duels/wPvP.

I hope you don't misunderstand me, because I get why you're saying it. But if you do enjoy 1v1 fights, rating shouldn't be the only thing you look at. It might be rare, but not everyone is in the Arena meta mindset.

That being said, if you are in the "should I bother?" mindset, I can't say I blame you for dismissing them. It's just some advice.
    Last edited by Lime; 2015-12-05 at 07:58 AM.

Looks like we've got a lot of PvE server people in this here thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not everyone has a level 100 alt, and even if they did, guess what ruins it? Cross realms, where they can't even be sure they'll find you if they do switch over.
    I don't even know if this is an issue anymore, but yeah, it's definitely in the back of my mind when I think about hopping on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Among so many examples, lately I've taken a liking to standing on top of the dome in Gadgetzan and dealing single-target spells to the lowbies below so the goblins won't fire their guns. But no matter how much I torture them and prevent them from doing anything or escaping, they keep resurrecting and press on with their chores as if I'm merely a nuisance. Rarely do people now decide they have had enough and group up to take you out, and it's so boring I question if it's even worth it anymore.
    Because some flies you just can't push away. Really, ganking has always been a shit thing, and always been something that most people I know ignore. They don't really see it as real PvP, or skill.

And you don't even dare to be on the ground, shameful.

Sometimes a few of us gets a whisper to come kill a ganker, and the ganker normally retort with some insult about the lowbie calling for help.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Among so many examples, lately I've taken a liking to standing on top of the dome in Gadgetzan and dealing single-target spells to the lowbies below so the goblins won't fire their guns. But no matter how much I torture them and prevent them from doing anything or escaping, they keep resurrecting and press on with their chores as if I'm merely a nuisance. Rarely do people now decide they have had enough and group up to take you out, and it's so boring I question if it's even worth it anymore.
    And what is the percentage chance that if they actually decided to fight back, they could do anything to you at all? I am guessing probably signifigantly close to zero. What level are you? What level are your victims? Cause 99% of the time, if somebody ganks my lowbie alt, I just mentally flip them the bird and indeed go on with my tasks, causes there is literally noting i can do about it, and wasting my time trying is not productive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I like this. OP comes here to show how cool he is and maybe spark something towards Blizzard and bots and gets told what a low life he is.

10/10
    Tbh when you're that kind of person, you like being told this kind of thing, seeing people that don't know you doing irrelevant assumptions about you because they hate you is fun.
    I know this because that's what camping people is all about in my view
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2015-12-05 at 08:10 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hated/unfriendly with the cartel anyway so I would only go to their territories to do this stuff for my own amusement. But they don't even fight back as stated so yeah, it gets a bit tiring after the first few roaring laughs.
    It's funny how people bash you, but fact is they choose to play on a PVP server on THEIR OWN! No one forced them. It means the world is at war, there's no level restriction. Don't like it, quit. Enjoy ganking. Had a GM whisper me after 3 hours of ganking, he said I was doing nothing wrong but if I could allow him to level up. Told him, he's playing on a PVP server. continued to gank him until he logged off.

Fun beating low levels? Oh yeah. Skill? Who said it was? It's still fun.

Why would anyone be in gadzedzan now

you simply are not worth any time...if i get ganked while lvling i usually dont bother, if guy become pain in the ass i log my main and show him meaning of corpse camp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It's funny how people bash you, but fact is they choose to play on a PVP server on THEIR OWN! No one forced them. It means the world is at war, there's no level restriction. Don't like it, quit. Enjoy ganking. Had a GM whisper me after 3 hours of ganking, he said I was doing nothing wrong but if I could allow him to level up. Told him, he's playing on a PVP server. continued to gank him until he logged off.

Fun beating low levels? Oh yeah. Skill? Who said it was? It's still fun.
    Would you take a car to a bicycle race? would you fight a child in a boxing match? would those things be fun to you?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    To this day i never understood why people would gank lowbies for hours but that must be it. Attention.
    Pretty much.

Last time someone "ganked" me as a low level, I simply just switched toons for a bit and then went back after they forgot about me. Still is kind of the dick move to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Would you take a car to a bicycle race? would you fight a child in a boxing match? would those things be fun to you?
    That would be extremely fun, mainly because of the people criticizing you afterward

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    That would be extremely fun, mainly because of the people criticizing you afterward
    Why do you enjoy anger and criticism?

If their like me they just dont want to give you anymore attention. Kill me thats fine, if you kill me again ill log onto another charcter until you seek attention elsewhere. /shoo

Well, not to defent OP, who is a dick, obviously (one thing is ganking an occasional red, not caring about levels and all, while you're flying from point A to point B doing your stuff. Another thing is camping lowbies for hours, whis is the most idiotic thing I've ever seen people doing in WoW). But players who enter pvp realms were actually told that their experience could be and would be like that. Not to mention that nothing actually stop them from cross-realming pve server, or rerolling to pve server.

Also, every time some new patch goes live, I see a ton of pvp players playing crossrealmed on pve realm where my alts are. I can't but laugh loud at those scrubs. Noobies, if pvp is too hard for you, why the hell did you started on pvp server? And now you're stealing mobs and resources from pve server players like a pussies? Pfft. Waste of server space.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I'm hated/unfriendly with the cartel anyway so I would only go to their territories to do this stuff for my own amusement. But they don't even fight back as stated so yeah, it gets a bit tiring after the first few roaring laughs.
    Roaring... laughs? I say this as somebody on a PvE server so I've never been ganked before so the following isn't coming from saltiness: Is it really that entertaining? Like, I don't get it even a little bit, you haven't really inconvenienced them and they probably had 0% chance of winning even IF they fought back so like... Why would they get mad, try or even care? Do you think they care? This isn't CoD mate, they don't flip out and smash their keyboard because somebody head shot them. They'll just re-spawn and be like "oh well, that happened, literally nothing of consequence."

10+ Year Old Account
    It is indeed tiring to see people who are scared of NPC's, yet demand a fight out of a low level player. Then again, I laugh out loud when those players gets taken by the guards, perhaps even hit them a few times. Heck, I find such people at times and just push them off their little safe spot. Not much sport in ganking, but mischievous actions are always fun.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..