Question How To Get Rid of Imp

Hello.

I am FurElise, a Lv 7 Undead Warlock. I am doing the Forsaken quests. I cant finish the one where I lasso a murloc because my imp kills them. How do I get rid of the imp whilst I do the quest?

Thanks.

right click the imp's unit frame , in the resulting menu you will see a "dismiss" option, you can summon it back later

Quote Originally Posted by Kaatje Virgo View Post
    Hello.

I am FurElise, a Lv 7 Undead Warlock. I am doing the Forsaken quests. I cant finish the one where I lasso a murloc because my imp kills them. How do I get rid of the imp whilst I do the quest?

Thanks.
    you can set it to passive as well i believe

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    you can set it to passive as well i believe

Not untill lvl 10, "making it easier for new players". sigh.
    Edit Signature.

I have been playing a lock since I started the game and I decided a month ago "I want to experience that Undead starter zone again" so I made another Undead Warlock. This quest made me stop playing it haha. The fact that you can't control your pet under level 10 is one of the worst decisions that ever made it in to the game.

Yeah, same with Hunters, I learned to skip this quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I had this problem I would go to some stronger mob and let the Imp die and run away. Then I would go back and finish that Murlock quest.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Unfortunately you can't control the Imp until level 10 - where you'll get Control Demon.

Until then you have a few options:

Skip the quest - you can always come back at level 10 and do the quest if you really want
    Let the Imp die
    Attack another monster or two and have the Imp fight those while you lasso the Murloc - this might not work if the Imp attacks your most recent target, it's been a while

take off all your heirlooms and weapon, auto attack the murloc with your bare hands once so u enter combat without using a spell, then proceed tospam the lasso while the imp attacks, removing gear will significantly lower the imps damage...

It's so weird how people have totally forgotten that, can raid mythic raid bosses but cannot complete a lvl 7 quest anymore xD

Deleted
    you must punt him

very hard

can't control your pet until lvl 10? .... wut? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    1 - remove all gear so that your imp becomes weaker
    2 - send imp to attack a far away target
    3 - before imp comes back, catch your murloc
    4 - equip all gear and kill stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    can't control your pet until lvl 10? .... wut? lol
    Yeah it's an incredibly dumb change especially for this quest. I skipped it when I leveled my hunter a month or so ago. You can't even dismiss a pet! It's complete nonsense. So if you attack anything, it will attack it and will not stop until it's dead. Even macros for pet commands have no effect. It's absurd. Skip the quest and just do other things.