Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Racial Suck

...they still are not fun and honestly PvP needs to get much more 'fun'!

Example: Troll

Berserkering 3 min CD

15% Haste for 10sec

REALLY?? Boohoo man ....

Troll counterpart : Nelf

Shadowmeld: arguably one of the the most FUN racial abilities in wow...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-12-05 at 11:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your headline makes it seem like you think they're bad, but the rest of your post makes it seem as if you just think they're boring.

If it was the former, I'd say you're just flat-out wrong, since a lot of people play horde simply for the fact that their racials are oftentimes objectively better than the Alliance ones, both for PVP and PVE.

Since it's the latter though, I'd argue that you shouldn't care that much about racials. They're just there for a bit of flavour.
    I certainly don't let them influence my choice of race during character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Your headline makes it seem like you think they're bad, but the rest of your post makes it seem as if you just think they're boring.

If it was the former, I'd say you're just flat-out wrong, since a lot of people play horde simply for the fact that their racials are oftentimes objectively better than the Alliance ones, both for PVP and PVE.

Since it's the latter though, I'd argue that you shouldn't care that much about racials. They're just there for a bit of flavour.
    I certainly don't let them influence my choice of race during character creation.
    Logically your right, perception is another matter ... Compare both counterparts (merc mode turns my Nelf to a Troll)

Shadomeld Vs Berserker

From my point of view Shadowmeld is leaps and bounds much more fun than a 3 min CD thats only lasts 10 sec!

The cool things we can do with Sahdowmeld in PvP I think we all know about...

Now what cool things can you do with a 10sec 15% haste ability with a massive CD or 3min?

Deleted

Right, EMFHS is such a weak racial in pvp... Almost as weak as stone form, and in pve its all about the same, tho belfs and tauren might have some use of their racials in pvp, the forsaken and others are mostly useless. And if you are talking pve then its about even, you wont get much use of them whatever race you play.

Deleted
    YOUR HEADLINE SUCK jk, no but seriously you might want to change the title to something more descriptive.

There's FUN abilities (usually tied to smaller CD's and special utility as well as a entirely subjectively term) and USEFUL abilities. Then there's the difference in PvE and PvP respectively.

If any racials deserves a flat out "x racial sucks" in both PvE and PvP I'd say Goblin, Worgen and Pandaren. Low on utility, presence and high CD compared to some other racials with a more useful ability. Apparently EMFH is going to be addressed so we'll have to wait and see how the rest will be balanced out in the future (yeah right).

Troll racial is really good. You picked a bad example lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Troll racial is really good. You picked a bad example lol.

I don't think I can change the title, but back to the point how is it fun to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    YOUR HEADLINE SUCK jk, no but seriously you might want to change the title to something more descriptive.

There's FUN abilities (usually tied to smaller CD's and special utility as well as a entirely subjectively term) and USEFUL abilities. Then there's the difference in PvE and PvP respectively.

If any racials deserves a flat out "x racial sucks" in both PvE and PvP I'd say Goblin, Worgen and Pandaren. Low on utility, presence and high CD compared to some other racials with a more useful ability. Apparently EMFH is going to be addressed so we'll have to wait and see how the rest will be balanced out in the future (yeah right).
    I agree high CD is a huge factor for me when it comes to 'fun' I'd like to see all active racial abilities have a CD of no longer than 2 min.

Moreover; I'd like to have racial abilities chosen by me the player -in bundles so I can combine predetermined abilities as not to be OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with Berserking IMO. If I had to complain about a Troll racial, I'd say Beast Slaying, as it serves no use end game.

Deleted
    Trolls racial: Haste burst dmg. Orc:ap/sp burst. Bloodelf:silence. Taurens:stun. Goblin:rocket jump. Forsaken:remove fear.
    So why are they underpowered or boring compared to alliance racials ? Beside the human racial (which is only a pvp thing) or the dwarf stone form, I would pick the horde racial any day- prefers the orc (as a warrior) with AP burst and a minor fear reduction

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to know if horde racials are soo even as you guys say....look at any class and spec on the arena boards and tell me you dont see all alliance as highest ranking. You think its just because they all like humans and dwafs and dranie. I dont think so

- - - Updated - - -

Humans get to completly forget a pvp trink and use 2x dps trinks. You guys really saying that doesnt make a difference?
    Semper Fi

PVP All alliance racials are better than hordes, with very few exceptions. Goblin DK is the only one that comes to mind, atm.

PVE...honestly I'd rather be a human than ANYTHING else for PVE. Nevermind every man for himself being occasionally useful, how bout 'dat free 4,200 reputation into every faction ever, or the fact they hit exalted 3-5 weeks before everyone else on timed stuff. You have stuff like Shadowmeld + Flight form(druid), Shadow meld cat form for another opener, shadowmeld rogue for another opener, unless those two have been changed since I last played Alliance 6-7 years ago.

Specifically, for DPS...well...you may see a slight, 1-2% dps gain. Night Elves have the highest avoidance with Quickness, Worgen have a Sprint, Draenai have both a heal and free 65 primary stat. For tanking, comparing tauren vs night elves is laughable. NE are just the better tanks, but Orcs do have Hardiness which shouldn't be completely written off, where applicable...buuut where Orcs reduce stun timers, Humans have a trinket.

It's not even so much that the horde Racials are bad, They're just..not fun or interesting. Yeah, we certainly do lack HEAVILY in the PVP Department and fall VERY far behind the far more useful alliance racials, but in PVE..it's more of our racials just ...they aren't interesting. Alliance racials let you do something you couldn't usually do. Dash, Sprint, Stealth(Which I can't overstate how fucking good Shadowmeld is), clear ALL debuffs, Trinket..while the horde racials that are similar...are just bad. Will of the forsaken - shares CD with trinket anyways, War Stomp - Everyone has a stun, and this one DRs, Orc is just bigger numbers, Troll is just faster numbers, Belf and Goblin are the only two remotely interesting racials.

So yeah, I'd say horde racials are bad. PVE they're not in a bad place or anything, but PVP they're woefully worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    PVP All alliance racials are better than hordes, with very few exceptions. Goblin DK is the only one that comes to mind, atm.

PVE...honestly I'd rather be a human than ANYTHING else for PVE. Nevermind every man for himself being occasionally useful, how bout 'dat free 4,200 reputation into every faction ever, or the fact they hit exalted 3-5 weeks before everyone else on timed stuff. You have stuff like Shadowmeld + Flight form(druid), Shadow meld cat form for another opener, shadowmeld rogue for another opener, unless those two have been changed since I last played Alliance 6-7 years ago.

Specifically, for DPS...well...you may see a slight, 1-2% dps gain. Night Elves have the highest avoidance with Quickness, Worgen have a Sprint, Draenai have both a heal and free 65 primary stat. For tanking, comparing tauren vs night elves is laughable. NE are just the better tanks, but Orcs do have Hardiness which shouldn't be completely written off, where applicable...buuut where Orcs reduce stun timers, Humans have a trinket.

It's not even so much that the horde Racials are bad, They're just..not fun or interesting. Yeah, we certainly do lack HEAVILY in the PVP Department and fall VERY far behind the far more useful alliance racials, but in PVE..it's more of our racials just ...they aren't interesting. Alliance racials let you do something you couldn't usually do. Dash, Sprint, Stealth(Which I can't overstate how fucking good Shadowmeld is), clear ALL debuffs, Trinket..while the horde racials that are similar...are just bad. Will of the forsaken - shares CD with trinket anyways, War Stomp - Everyone has a stun, and this one DRs, Orc is just bigger numbers, Troll is just faster numbers, Belf and Goblin are the only two remotely interesting racials.

So yeah, I'd say horde racials are bad. PVE they're not in a bad place or anything, but PVP they're woefully worse.
    Thank you good sir....blizzard fix this shit....i dont develope games but damn man even i can see alliance owns pvp racials and thats bullshit
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Thank you good sir....blizzard fix this shit....i dont develope games but damn man even i can see alliance owns pvp racials and thats bullshit
    They have stated they are looking at changing the Human racial in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    They have stated they are looking at changing the Human racial in Legion.
    Yea but hoe does such thing go unchanged for soo long?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Nothing wrong with Berserking IMO. If I had to complain about a Troll racial, I'd say Beast Slaying, as it serves no use end game.
    this, it's not even a racial i just pretend blizzard were lazy, oh wait as always and couldn't be bothered to add another racial, because that would cost us a raid tier.

Yea but hoe does such thing go unchanged for soo long?
    Racials are one of those things they won't drastically change except start of a new xpac. It would piss off too many players that paid for xfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Racials are one of those things they won't drastically change except start of a new xpac. It would piss off too many players that paid for xfers.
    We all pay...why do some of the payers have to be unhappy?
    Semper Fi

Deleted
    We all pay...why do some of the payers have to be unhappy?
    they paid additional for race change+server transfer.

And this is probably also why it happened. Blizz made cash from the whole pvp scene switching from horde to alliance because of the human racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    they paid additional for race change+server transfer.

And this is probably also why it happened. Blizz made cash from the whole pvp scene switching from horde to alliance because of the human racial.
    You are probly very right. I imagine they made a hefty sum. But its sad that they would like you to believe they make the game FOR US, but things like this clearly show that THIER PROFIT is more important to them........I HOPE YOU SEE THIS AND FEEL BAD BLIZZ
    Semper Fi

Humans
    +3% Damage/Healing -1.5% Damage Taken
    CC Breaker Trinket.
    Dorfs
    +2% Critical Hit effect
    Self-cleanse/+10% Durabiilty
    Gnomes
    +5% Resources Basically worthless for a good pile of classes
    +1% Haste
    Root Breaker
    Night Elves:
    +2% Evasion and Speed
    +1% To either Crit or Haste
    Aggro Dump
    Draenei
    +65Attack Power/Spell Power
    20% Heal that no longer takes 2 years to finish
    Worgen:
    +1% Crit
    Sprint
    Free Mount (Yaaaaaaaaay)
    Pandaren:
    +105 In a stat. As long as they're fed (Fatass)
    Tyfun Resistance
    Annoying CC

Orc:
    +1% Pet Damage
    +Free Trinket
    Screws up Chainstuns.
    Troll:
    Mini-bloodlust
    Harder to kite/stick to
    Tauren:
    The most HP
    +2% Critical Hit Effect
    Annoying-as-fuck stun
    Forsaken
    +417.5 Health and 417.5 damage every hit on average Scales because it isn't bullshit enough already
    The Best Racial Active, bar none. It's not called OMGWoTFBBQ for nothing.
    Blood Elf:
    Free Resource/Silence Massive deal for classes that manage resources
    +1% Critical strike
    Goblin
    +1% Haste
    MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
    What's basically another blink
    A way to pull at range for melee classses/Something to use in an empty GCD? Seriously what are we supposed to do with this thing?
    Jeeves Mk.2
    Jeeves Mk.3 Shares cooldown with Mk.2

Yeah, I don't see how shitty racials like +65 Attack power or +100 versatility can compete with free trinkets
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."