Page 32 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    TEB still exists.
    Yeah, I know there is a new baby seat version of TEB. Blizzard should really rename the spell.

Also saying SDS has a 'requirement' is sorta disingenuous. It has a 'requirement' in that it will almost always be available when needed because it only requires the two abilities you always want to press exactly on cooldown... to be on cooldown.
    Kromog. When you run off to your rune to be gripped, RSK and FoF come off CD. You'll spend a lot of globals to get it back (SCK, RJW, Chi Burst, RSK, FoF). SDS will be great for trash, but impractical for real burst, like Kormrok, it would be great to RJW, Chi Burst into SDS then SCK, but good luck on that. If you're trying to prepare SDS for something like that, you'll have to weave in a lot of BoKs to align those CDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your feelings on TEB are pretty valid. It's obviously completely changed the way the spec functions and turned it into a pretty blandard cooldown.

On the other hand, TEB was one of the mechanics that made WW really wonky to balance, and ultimately put us in a poor single target situation (especially this tier) when the emphasis on most fights seems to be "Pop every cooldown you have on the pull with the ring" while we... don't actually have any appreciable DPS cooldowns.

I'm willing to sacrifice a mildly interesting mechanic for the sake of being competitive.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Honestly I prefer consistent damage with an on demand burst cooldown that doesn't have ramp up over this rollercoaster.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...p#type=summary

Here is a log with Galelburst on target dummies in Org. (Pandaria is down atm, so only target dummies available to 2 of different classes, though even with the old content buff it should be proof of concept)

Qyrixmoonkin was dpsing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Qyrixmoonkin did the logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted

I'm willing to sacrifice a mildly interesting mechanic for the sake of being competitive.
    To be honest if I cared about being competitive I would delete my monk at the start of Highmaul, the only reason why I continued to play it is because it was the most interesting and complex melee spec. Competetivnes is just dmg numbers and utility spells, and since we lost utility (as if we had any), we now only relly on blizz giving us big deeps...

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    To be honest if I cared about being competitive I would delete my monk at the start of Highmaul, the only reason why I continued to play it is because it was the most interesting and complex melee spec. Competetivnes is just dmg numbers and utility spells, and since we lost utility (as if we had any), we now only relly on blizz giving us big deeps...
    We supposedly have utility in legion with the legendary that makes windwalking aura give 30% speed and not 10, which will actually make it noticable. If it makes the cut, there's still hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    Yeah, I know there is a new baby seat version of TEB. Blizzard should really rename the spell.

Kromog. When you run off to your rune to be gripped, RSK and FoF come off CD. You'll spend a lot of globals to get it back (SCK, RJW, Chi Burst, RSK, FoF). SDS will be great for trash, but impractical for real burst, like Kormrok, it would be great to RJW, Chi Burst into SDS then SCK, but good luck on that. If you're trying to prepare SDS for something like that, you'll have to weave in a lot of BoKs to align those CDs.
    You'd use FoF on the pull and it wouldn't be up for the hands, or you'd save it for when he lands, and use it before the hands. You could delay RSK for a few seconds and then precast Chi Burst - > SDS. Hands will be dead in that global and you're done. RSK doesn't debuff anymore so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post
    You'd use FoF on the pull and it wouldn't be up for the hands, or you'd save it for when he lands, and use it before the hands. You could delay RSK for a few seconds and then precast Chi Burst - > SDS. Hands will be dead in that global and you're done. RSK doesn't debuff anymore so it's not a big deal.
    He said Kromog, not Kormrok.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I said both actually. The HFC Kormrok, the hands barely last a global. I said to use RJW -> Chi Burst -> SDS -> SCK on it, which I mean, by precast RSK and FoF on the boss before the hands spawn, and just prior to the hands spawning, cast RJW, time Chi burst to hit the hands as they spawn, (is there time for another global for SEF?) cast SDS and then SCK if they're still up. It's ridiculous, I don't see SDS being used for burst aoe in any practical sense. Like Runeheal says, you can delay RSK and/or FoF so they're on CD when the hands spawn, but if you delay them both, what are you going to spend your Chi on? Combo Strike-less BoK? Or do you sit on your hands and wait? You're either lucky or you gimp yourself; a good place to be.
    Last edited by Basilmoyh; 2016-02-14 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Well SDK is probly not gonna be used for burst, if you look at the 2set, which lowers your RSK CD, you see that you have about 3-4s window in which you can actually use SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    I said both actually. The HFC Kormrok, the hands barely last a global. I said to use RJW -> Chi Burst -> SDS -> SCK on it, which I mean, by precast RSK and FoF on the boss before the hands spawn, and just prior to the hands spawning, cast RJW, time Chi burst to hit the hands as they spawn, (is there time for another global for SEF?) cast SDS and then SCK if they're still up. It's ridiculous, I don't see SDS being used for burst aoe in any practical sense. Like Runeheal says, you can delay RSK and/or FoF so they're on CD when the hands spawn, but if you delay them both, what are you going to spend your Chi on? Combo Strike-less BoK? Or do you sit on your hands and wait? You're either lucky or you gimp yourself; a good place to be.
    You would probably not talent RJW for Kormrok, but it would still be an irritating situation, and Hit Combo (talent) would be even more impractical if you're trying to delay RSK and FoF.
    Last edited by Basilmoyh; 2016-02-14 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I don't see you taking SDK on Kromog, seeing as RJW + SCK with SEF should be enough sustain to finish the hands, and you'd take Serenity to kill the pillars.

I'm sure many people remember the horrors of being in the vicinity of a fury warrior or demonology warlock on Kromog and SDK does pretty much the same thing, so even though it would do lots of damage to the hands in close vicinity, it probably wouldn't be the best choice.

Howdy!

I posted a bit(as in - a maddeningly sprawling, gigantic and vague textwall) of feedback about WW on EU forums, and I will be very grateful if someone with access to US forums can post a link to it on the US feedback thread as well, knowing that US forums kind of get more general attention from the devs.

cheers

link -

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0521252?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Really well said btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    Howdy!

I posted a bit(as in - a maddeningly sprawling, gigantic and vague textwall) of feedback about WW on EU forums, and I will be very grateful if someone with access to US forums can post a link to it on the US feedback thread as well, knowing that US forums kind of get more general attention from the devs.

cheers

link -

Done http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5169?page=4#66

Deleted
    Howdy!

cheers

link -

Wow, that's insane. It's pretty weird blizzard is always listening to us community more, while eu is known to be generally better at the game.

Hummm I just meant to post a link to the eu thread, not the whole thing

Appreciated anyway but I actually think it just made more mess that good because during the copypasta process you accidentally missed two of my posts(the 4th and the 7th posts in my original thread) and now whoever reads it on us forums will just be confused as hell!

Will be nice if you can either fix it or just delete posts and put a link instead.

Thanks again^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Hummm I just meant to post a link to the eu thread, not the whole thing

Appreciated anyway but I actually think it just made more mess that good because during the copypasta process you accidentally missed two of my posts(the 4th and the 7th posts in my original thread) and now whoever reads it on us forums will just be confused as hell!

Will be nice if you can either fix it or just delete posts and put a link instead.

Thanks again^^
    Whoops, fixed.

Figured that it would be better if I included it in the thread to bump windwalkers up off page 2 of the alpha feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only three or so of us actually posting in the WW thread there anyway. Sorely disappointed by the lack of feedback or discussion.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Whoops, fixed.

Figured that it would be better if I included it in the thread to bump windwalkers up off page 2 of the alpha feedback
    Hurray! Thanks again