Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Wanna fix the CC in game, get back to the 1 effect, no CD dispel model.

When they removed that was the time that CC spam became a problem.
    Yea I have to agree. The cooldown on dispel did more harm than good.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I never understood why resources like Energy/Focus/Rage were important to the core mechanics of a class, but any class with Mana could literally stick a piece of paper on their portrait and never worry about their mana in a PvP match, unless it was a very high ranked esports arena scene.

Healers should be going oom a lot quicker in PvP and the amount of CC right now is beyond retarded. Blizz said the prune would help with CC but if anything, made PvP even worse.

I was stunned from cheap shot, into a fear from the warrior, straight into a kidney shot followed by a charge into a shockwave

100% to 0% without being able to control my character...

balance™
    The Cheap Shot would have lasted for 4 seconds. The Fear can last up to 8 seconds, but it breaks upon taking I think 10% health in damage. Kidney shot would have lasted either for 3, or 4 seconds, depending on whether or not you were up against a combat or non-combat. Since you were stunned by Shockwave, the charge is obviously a 1.5 second root, so you DO have control over your characters abilities there (Where you could have attempted to use one of the instant CCs many classes have.). Shockwave, given that it would have lasted for 4 seconds normally, would instead of lasted for only 1 second. Thus, you were CCd for 8 seconds total, plus 10% of your health with the fear. So the questions becomes

A) what the fuck was your partner(s) doing for those 8 seconds? Alt-tabbing to pron?

B) Why did you not use your trinket on the Cheap Shot? If you do not have any strong defensive CDs, then the most critical time to use your trinket is on the opening salvo of burst. Assuming that it took you 1 second to react, you could have reduced the amount of time spent CCd to 5 seconds+10% of your health in fear, rather then the full 8 seconds.

C) If you had defensive CDs, why did you not pre-emptively use them? If you are good at PvP, you know exactly WHO will be the kill target, and the opening of the enemy team. Thus, if YOU are the kill target, you can pre-emptively use your CDs to greatly reduce your damage taken.

Opening CC is in a better spot compared to last expansion, its the between-trinket CCs that suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    This very much....

Casters are virtually immortal because of their mana pool, sure their health can go down but they can fight forever because of unlimited mana.
    Thats not how they are supposed to work.... ever since the birth of orckind only warriors rogues and respective druid forms were able to dps limitlessly, now thats been taken away and those melee classes can no longer try and drag out a fight so that the powerful caster could go oom.

Casters should be powerful but with a cost.

Everytime i pvped with my balance druid i felt disgusted because i never ran out of mana.
    Casters are limited now due to casting and movement. To do damage, a caster has to stand still for anywhere between 1.5-3 seconds (no haste) to cast a single spell. Most instants tend to be low-damage. The sole exceptions to this rule are Mages, which is why Mages are the predominant caster spec, just like how they always have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

CC isn't problem.

Spammable CCs are problem
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I think that the DR system is obscure and overcomplicated. Changing that is independent of changing the amount and role of CC in PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Yea I have to agree. The cooldown on dispel did more harm than good.
    Spamming dispel on your opponents abilities isn't fun gameplay either IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I never understood why resources like Energy/Focus/Rage were important to the core mechanics of a class, but any class with Mana could literally stick a piece of paper on their portrait and never worry about their mana in a PvP match, unless it was a very high ranked esports arena scene.

Healers should be going oom a lot quicker in PvP and the amount of CC right now is beyond retarded. Blizz said the prune would help with CC but if anything, made PvP even worse.

I was stunned from cheap shot, into a fear from the warrior, straight into a kidney shot followed by a charge into a shockwave

balance™
    the fact that you actually think it's a problem that you died 1v2 to 2 people properly chaining CC without a pvp trinket up is hilarious

really goes to show that people feel entitled to survive anything, which is why they've added so many survivability CDs every expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    CC isn't problem.

Spammable CCs are problem
    I disagree. Things like ring of frost and frostjaw being on another interrupt school than poly while shatter/RMD is able to triple stun the entire enemy team, making a casted polymorph impossible to avoid. That's the problem. Even if someone trinkets to stop the poly cast, then the mage just starts casting a ring of frost instead, or a frostjaw into a new poly cast.

Sure, in order for the game to be fun it's important that setups like that are rewarded over just tunneling one target while throwing a stormbolt at the enemy healer once every 30 seconds. But it just seems too idiot proof at times.

I think I wanna see some comp restrictions introduced. CC DR:s could be balanced around what's allowed to play. Say, just as an example, you only get one DR school of spammable CC per comp. Or perhaps only two stuns per comp. Of course those are just examples. But I think it could be great for the game in the long run if it was done properly.

balance™
    The purpose of mana isn't to limit normal play but to limit abnormal play. So you don't spam flash heal as a ret pally, or spell steal as a mage. I don't recall but I remember mass dispel not being cheap either.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think that the DR system is obscure and overcomplicated. Changing that is independent of changing the amount and role of CC in PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Spamming dispel on your opponents abilities isn't fun gameplay either IMO.
    Agree to disagree then.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    How does that even work? Cheap shot, kidney shot and charge are all stuns, so wouldn't the shockwave be on DR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    B) Why did you not use your trinket on the Cheap Shot?
    Not sure what bracket he was playing, but...
    In 2v2, trinketing cheap shot is usually an instant loss. With a glyphed full blind followed up by a sap or whatever CC they have to follow it up (in this case fear), your teammate would have to deal with the two of them alone, for at least 16 seconds (and possibly more).

In 3v3, it's also a very bad idea. I do not think you will see many high rated teams doing this. It just invites long cc chains later on.

Anyways, I disagree. I'd like to see DR on spell locks, though. Chain interrupts ON TOP OF all the stuns and silences is just a bit too much sometimes. And cleaves need a nerf, because they did a poor job balancing them out before the patch started.
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-12-14 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    They just need to actively put different spells on same DR to prevent stuff like Rogue - Mage - Druid or Warlock - Mage - Druid almost CCing you indifinitely.