Is a pre-legion Transmog addon/webtool possible?

Is it possible anyone would be able to create an addon or tool that will show all the transmog items each character will unlock from previously completed quests with 7.0? Is quest reward information even still available for pre-Cata quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladrek View Post
    Is it possible anyone would be able to create an addon or tool that will show all the transmog items each character will unlock from previously completed quests with 7.0? Is quest reward information even still available for pre-Cata quests?
    Quest completion is available certainly.
    But such a tool would require in effect something like wowhead's database, something they won't just hand out.
    There is no in-game means of querying the rewards, only if you completed a given quest ID or not.
    However there is nothing to stop them implementing that feature themselves, and I can honestly see them creating some new tools for that feature.
    Whether they are relevant before legion remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Quest completion is available certainly.
    But such a tool would require in effect something like wowhead's database, something they won't just hand out.
    There is no in-game means of querying the rewards, only if you completed a given quest ID or not.
    However there is nothing to stop them implementing that feature themselves, and I can honestly see them creating some new tools for that feature.
    Whether they are relevant before legion remains to be seen.
    Not entirely true. You would need an addon (or even some websites do it) that will query what quests you have done. Then you could hook it up to wowheads xml (google search shows a small program that can pull information from wowhead into an api) or use the wowarmory's (think they have the api) information along with mmoc-database xml to get the information needed. The question is if someone finds it is worth the time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not entirely true. You would need an addon (or even some websites do it) that will query what quests you have done. Then you could hook it up to wowheads xml (google search shows a small program that can pull information from wowhead into an api) or use the wowarmory's (think they have the api) information along with mmoc-database xml to get the information needed. The question is if someone finds it is worth the time to develop.
    As I said there is no issue querying the quests that a character has completed, and wowhead for example uses its own addon to that in-game and to display the results on your account on the website.
    It is entirely down to the database access, which I didn't realise was offered up readily externally.
    It would only need done once, but that is about 40 thousand quests.
    If that is in fact possible to use to query the rewards, and ideally the model associated with each then yes the tool would be possible in theory.

I am not sure if the armory api would support quest completion querying, so that is likely to require an in-game addon.

Perhaps the MogIt addon could be extended to filter by quest completion, since it has most of the other work done already.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-07 at 12:10 AM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I am not sure if the armory api would support quest completion querying, so that is likely to require an in-game addon.
    I know this site ( http://questchecker.com/ )does it without using an ingame addon. So there has to be some way to check the armory for quest completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I know this site ( http://questchecker.com/ )does it without using an ingame addon. So there has to be some way to check the armory for quest completion.
    Interesting, was not aware of that.
    I still believe that in-game at least, MogIt would be the best way of achieving that.
    Perhaps someone should make a case to the author.
    They may not even have to do most of the work, as the Grail addon is effectively a quest database backend, but I dont know if it lists equipment rewards or not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-07 at 01:52 AM.

Anyone know if there's an addon that tracks all itens that got the same skin (there by i mean same color, same textures, same what ever, so basically identicall, but might just have different ID numbers), from all your chars in every server?

i've been tryign to collect greens from crates and being without space for it, so i want to track if i have any other in other chars, like bank alts so i keep track of it as well without wsting more bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by sgonzales View Post
    Anyone know if there's an addon that tracks all itens that got the same skin (there by i mean same color, same textures, same what ever, so basically identicall, but might just have different ID numbers), from all your chars in every server?

i've been tryign to collect greens from crates and being without space for it, so i want to track if i have any other in other chars, like bank alts so i keep track of it as well without wsting more bag space.
    A partial version of what you wanted by Semlar, and only per-character but is a basis at least for something like what you want.
    However they did state they do not intend developing it further.
    I have had some success with that, though a bit hit or miss sometimes in missing some duplicates.
    But still a lot better than purely manual checking.

Quote Originally Posted by semlar View Post
    I made an addon for a guildmate a while back that does this, assuming it works right. It's not as easy to identify whether 2 items share the exact same appearance as you might think, because not only do you have the model, the texture and the particle effects, you have a period around siege of orgrimmar when they converted how items worked.

Before (and during) SoO, if you wanted a normal version and a heroic version of the same item you had to create 2 completely different items. Halfway through SoO they made items more dynamic so you could have 2 different looks for the same item ID based on what difficulty it came from.

This made it kind of a nightmare to compare old versions of items with items using the new bonus ID format.

Anyway, if you want you can download it here http://semlar.com/addons/Gemini.zip

Once it's loaded you'll have to visit your void storage and bank so it can scan their contents, then type /gemini for a list of duplicate item appearances.

I didn't upload it anywhere because 1) I don't consider it finished and 2) I'm not entirely sure it completely works, so you might want to double check before deleting anything.

I doubt anyone is going to sink time into making an addon that will effectively be useless in a few months

Altoholic does a decent job telling you which items you already have across toons. At the bottom of the tooltip it tells you which toon has the item, and where it is (bank/transmog bank/inventory/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I doubt anyone is going to sink time into making an addon that will effectively be useless in a few months

Altoholic does a decent job telling you which items you already have across toons. At the bottom of the tooltip it tells you which toon has the item, and where it is (bank/transmog bank/inventory/etc)
    TSM will recognise the same item with a different prefix, but I don't think most inventory addons do.
    Therefore an agility and intellect version of the same item with the same model or even the same model with different names wouldn't be differentiated.
    That is often the case for quest rewards, where the same model can be used multiple times as well as being common in loot.

Edit: Unsure yet about the stat affixes, will have to investiage.

MogIt already had much of the backbone for that feature, having the sources grouped by their appearance.
    It has recently been updated to do much of what you are asking for, through the use of another addon for inventory querying it will now display whether you own a given appearance through an item in the inventory of any character, and which item is providing that appearance.

This is a screenshot of plate helms module taken from MogIt on my Warlock when the item in question is present on another character.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h82xrxh3y5jy3tx/MogIt.jpg
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-05 at 06:47 PM.