Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Hillary / bayh

4 80.00%
  • Trump / Petraeus

1 20.00%

Hillary / Bayh vs Trump / Petraeus

So let's try this matchup.

In this hypothetical, the democrat's rabid defense of Hillary's mishandling of her emails has the unforseen side effect of inoculating David Petraeus. As you may recall, the democrats rabidly attacked Petraeus for mishandling emails and basically ruined his career. The democrats became monster hypocrites in defending Hillary for mishandling emails. Trump throws a curveball and selects Petraeus as his running mate, as the democrats cannot attack anymore without looking like massive hypocrities in the middle of the general election season.

Petraeus issue:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...afa_story.html

HARLOTTE — David H. Petraeus, a retired general considered one of the greatest military minds of his generation, pleaded guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified materials, ending a long-running legal saga that had threatened to send him to prison.

Petraeus will instead face a two-year probationary period. U.S. Magistrate Judge David Keesler also imposed a $100,000 fine — more than double the amount recommended by prosecutors — to reflect the “seriousness of the offense."

The plea follows a high-profile investigation and prosecution that triggered Petraeus’s resignation from the CIA in 2012.
    The selection of Petraeus as veep is sort of a huge clickbait move. It goads the democrats into attacking Petraeus again for mishandling emails, while at the same time defending Hillary for mishandling emails. The overall effect is to weaken Hillary.

Hillary selects Evan Bayh, the Indiana senator and governor. It has been said that it was a coin flip to select Joe Biden over Bayh for Obama's veep. Bayh still has oval office aspirations, but at age 59 his options are either to be Hillary's veep for 8 years before running for president himself in 2024, or become the 2020 democrat frontrunner if Hillary loses in 2016.

So which way do you vote here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the first sentence

/popcorn

this will be good

I love Grummgug alternate reality threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Wait, why is Petraeus in this alternate history? I'm confused. Despite my general dislike and distrust of the Clintons, I certainly wouldn't vote for the pair of degenerates from the Republican side there.

Third party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wait, why is Petraeus in this alternate history? I'm confused. Despite my general dislike and distrust of the Clintons, I certainly wouldn't vote for the pair of degenerates from the Republican side there.

Third party.
    #RobotRonPaul2100

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    #RobotRonPaul2100
    A RobotPaul/RandPaul ticket is something I can get behind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    As you may recall, the democrats rabidly attacked Petraeus for mishandling emails
    Petraeus didn't "mishandle emails". He deliberately provided classified information about high-ranking military personnel to his mistress.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    A RobotPaul/RandPaul ticket is something I can get behind!
    Rand got peer pressured into instigating conflict with Iran.

So naaahhhhhh. Ron is the real independent one. I mean he didnt even endorse his own son right away.