10+ Year Old Account

Who Misses X-Play?

It was such a great show. Their rating system made sense (out of 5 makes sense), they were fairly critical, their skits were entertaining and I rented/bought a bunch of games based on their reviews. (Which is why games like Psychonauts and Viewtiful Joe, and Katamari are in my library.

Who else misses Adam Sessler and Morgan Von Webb

Adam Sessler turned into a cocaine fueled hypocrite. Good riddance.

I don't know much about Morgan Webb but I think she is still around. She does web streaming for big events. I swear I saw her in something Blizzard related recently...

To answer the actual question, no. The show was style over substance even when Tech TV was still a thing. Good skits were few and far between, whereas the really dumb ones seemed to get a lot of spotlight. I honestly don't think the show was anything special other than being one of the longest surviving of its kind. The reviews didn't give any special insight, and with the rise of the internet they didn't really have anything exclusive to justify waiting around for a new episode.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2015-12-06 at 01:57 PM.

I couldn't stand Adam. In fact, when I see him doing an interview or something nowadays I completely avoid it. Morgan was kind of weird looking and annoying.

What I miss are shows like Attack of the Show. Or, if we're referring specifically to video game review shows, I miss Reviews On The Run.

I'm glad X-Play is dead and gone.

who misses what now?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I liked X-Play, but I miss Cinematech more. Sure it was all pre-rendered stuff and trippy, but it was unique, pure videogame entertainment that didn't involve playing or buying the game (which iirc is early youtube era where you might not be able to see such things).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

I liked Morgan Webb very much.

To be perfectly honest though, I preferred that Fresh Gear show with Sumi Das that was on before (or after?) it. Basically had all these cool new gadgets.

Adam Sessler was good back in the day, but towards the end of X Play and into today he became a rambling idiot always fighting an agenda in whatever he covers.

I honestly enjoyed the show back in high school.

Also probably liked Morgan Webb a wee bit more than I would admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly just miss Adam Sessler. He did those Youtube videos for a while but seems to have vanished.

I found they seemed a little bit too fond of making stupid jokes more than having interesting content about video games. Plus I think that Xplay guy has had more than his 15 minutes of fame, he was showing up all over the place at one point as "video game expert" (I recall he showed up in the extras of the DOOM movie for some reason).

So....no, I don't think I do miss X-play frankly. I DO miss Tech TV and the more serious and tech based shows they had
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I miss the MMO-Report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tech TV was awesome. Its a shame they didnt just move it all to youtube. That channel eventually just became cops reruns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I miss the MMO-Report.
    God, I miss this so much. I loved the sarcasm in every single skit.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Tech TV was awesome. Its a shame they didnt just move it all to youtube. That channel eventually just became cops reruns
    I agree, I think YouTube would actually be a really good place for it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Adam Sessler was good back in the day, but towards the end of X Play and into today he became a rambling idiot always fighting an agenda in whatever he covers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iisYkEoE_T8
    I'd say that he's pretty high on cocaine or smth along those lines along the lines of pushing a stupid agenda, hell, he went vs jack thompson but he backs the censorship pushed by sarkeesian, hypocrisy at its finest.

Thank god youtube exists nowadays allowing for people like superbunnyhop or totalbiscuit
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I don't miss Adam Sessler PMSing about Nintendo games while sucking the dick of everything on the PS2.