10+ Year Old Account

Former President Jimmy Carter Says He Is Cancer-Free

http://time.com/4137812/jimmy-carter...lflow_facebook

He made the announcement at a church

Former President Jimmy Carter says he is now cancer-free.

Carter, 91, announced the news at a Sunday school class at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Ga., NBC reports.

“Went for an MRI this past week and [doctors] didn’t find any cancer at all in the brain,” he said.

AP reports that his grandson also confirmed the news:

Carter revealed in August that he would undergo treatment for melanoma in his brain and liver. “I was surprisingly at ease,” Carter said in August of learning the diagnosis. “I’ve led a very wonderful life, an exciting, adventurous.. existence. So I was surprisingly at ease, much more so than my wife was. Now I’ll be prepared for anything that comes.”

Carter was the 39th President of the United States.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is amazing news! Congratulations to him and his family. The treatments are rough on the body and I can't imagine how tough they were at his age.

That's good news, he is a fine and decent man.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elites get the best doctors and treatment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Elites get the best doctors and treatment.
    Its true that he can likely afford better treatment than most of us, but that doesn't diminish the announcement in any way. I'm going to likely go bankrupt in seeking my treatments, but anyone who beats cancer no matter their social status deserves a congrats as it is a hell of a thing to deal with. Jimmy Carter has also dedicated the last 30+ years of his life to helping people in need. He isn't your typical "elite."