Deleted

How are Hunters nowadays?

Sup y'all.

A long long time ago, I had a Dorf Huntard as my main(vanilla). I've always loved Hunters, and I have recently returned to WoW when WoD went on sale.

With WoD I got a free 90 boost, but I am don't know wich character to use it on. So I was thinking on "reviving" my old beloved Vanilla main.

But is it worth it? How are Hunters nowadays? Mostly concerned about PvE but I like to PvP from time to time too. Nothing serious though, just random BGs.

DPS wise we are doing just fine (more so if you are willing to sacrifice your pet for a boost) compared to back in vanilla, we got a ton of new cool tools and lost a few remarkable ones as well (such as eye of the beast).
    Keep in mind that survival is getting a completete overhaul come legion.

Pretty much any class is viable these days, and class choice will have little impact unless you're looking to play at the highest level- pushing top arena ratings or rated battlegrounds, or raiding Mythic difficulty. Marksman and Beast Mastery are both performing well, and better than Survival, which is admittedly in a bit of a sorry state, but is getting big changes next year in Legion.

Hunters are still excellent soloers and do very well with open-world content.

If you're excited about reviving your old hunter, there's no reason not to do so! You're going to have more fun, I'd bet, than if you decided to just play the flavor-of-the-month.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are great for progression in the current tier of raiding if you are into that.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses y'all.
    Imma go trough with it. Can't wait to bring my old dorf back to "life" so to speak

Deleted
    Hunter's are wanted in every raid setup.

There's always a bitch duty on an encounter that needs doing.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

^

What all these guys have said, also since you haven't played in ages, hunter is a good way to go since it will let you explore every avenue of the game.

Good luck.

Hunter is a fantastic choice this tier and this expansion in general especially if your guild is still progressing

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pretty much any class is viable these days, and class choice will have little impact unless you're looking to play at the highest level- pushing top arena ratings or rated battlegrounds, or raiding Mythic difficulty.
    Doesn't matter for literally any Mythic progression right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Doesn't matter for literally any Mythic progression right now.
    hes not wrong, you could kill Archi with probably 10 meele at this stage.

on a side note Az, you made me lose allot of points on Shadow Lord mate

I think you'll be fine with your killtime advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I think you'll be fine with your killtime advantage.
    tell that to the drive hunters