Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've had to change guilds 3 times during this expansion...

/sad panda

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to hear about fairly similar experiences because I certainly would have considered my guild "stable" as well. It's certainly not like we ever missed a raid night because we couldn't get 20 players together. Perhaps there were times where it wasn't exactly the 20 best, but we dealt.

In any event, it gives me a better understanding of what it's going to take to get through another expansion of mythic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    We were about to start Blackhand Mythic progression and then suddenly people started to go off. Even our greatest WoW addicts who were online almost always, stoped playing. And again we almost fell apart because even the officer core went offline, but we gathered everybody who was willing to continiue, we choose new officer core and they managed to recruit very decent people and by the time we killed Archemonde HC we were ready for mythic progress and is good. Now we are about to start archi mythic.
    I know the feeling and it's quite the accomplishment because of all those bumps in the road along the way. It's not about winning the battle, it's about winning the war.

Just checked for my guild: 12 out of 20 people on our Kargath Mythic kill were still raiding at the time of our Archimonde Mythic kill. And they still are. This also means that we lost about 40% of our roster during the one year that was WoD. FeelsBadMan

Deleted
    my experiences in wod:
    -i killed M kargath with guild 1, but some ppl just stopped playing after we killed M twins (yes just after 2 bosses). and since we barely had 20 ppl before that, raids stopped, more ppl left, guild just collapsed in the end
    -by the time i decided to find a new guild, it was close to brf release. hc progress went pretty smooth, but when we started mythics we started struggling (i guess some ppl didn't want to spend so much time on a boss). we made it to 3 mythic before we were unable to field 20 ppl team and stopped raiding
    -i managed to join a guild with old friends from mists which was 6/10 m at the time, we managed to do 8/10 before 6.2 hit, but then again, after we started doing mythic hfc (hc wasnt a problem) we managed to do 3/13 before we started struggling again (this time it wasn't really a case of not having people, rather our raid leader had nervous breakdown and left the game, and noone wanted to pick up that role). we stopped doing progress, people started leaving, you know the drill
    -me and most of the 'old guard' from that guild merged with another guild (ppl who came back after a long break), beginning was rough as those guys had no gear and no knowledge of hfc, but we managed to gear them up, filter out ppl who didnt have it in themselves to do mythics, recruit more ppl etc, now we're 12/13m, progressing archimonde. but i kinda fear what will happen in legion (or when we kill archimonde and ppl start leaving again)

add to it the fact that 1 of my guilds collapsed during 6.0 preexpansion patch, and well, i really went through a lot of people this expac

Out of interest I did the same thing for my guild that the OP did to give some comparison. I won't draw it directly off logs because we have a roster page on our guild website which will allow me to also account of all the bench players without scanning though multiple log pages. Also have an officer that loves to come up with data to display so some of it was done for me already.

At the start of HM we had a roster of 34 individual raiders.
    At the end of HM we had 28 individual raiders. We recruited only 1 new player during that time, so we lost 7 and added 1 for a net loss of 6.
    (35 individual players over all)

We went into BRF with those same 28 individual raiders.
    At the end of BRF we had 29 individual raiders. We recruited 9 new players that time, so we lost 8 for a net gain of 1.
    (44 individual players over all)

We went into HFC with a few less then those 29 (lost some after progress) so 27 individual raiders.
    At the end of HFC we had 32 individual raiders. We recruited 12 new players, so we lost 7 and added 12 for a net gain of 5.
    (56 individual players over all)

After reviewing the numbers I have to say it landed pretty damn close to OPs original findings as well when I hit 56. I was pretty surprised. The biggest noticeable difference was we didn't have players really leave and come back which usually happens during an expansion where someone might miss a tier because they got mad, had to work, moved, got married, had a kid, or something big like that with life. It was almost ALL people leaving and never coming back. The core stayed in pretty good shape with 14 people saying from start to finish. Melee DPS was the biggest offenders in leaving. Every tier had at least 5 go and 5-7 come in.

The interesting part of HFC was recuirts really feel into our lap. Players were drawn to decent progress to much easier in that tier. I think it had to do with the massive guild kill off that really took place during BRF. When the new tier released and a few weeks went by a TON of good raidres came out of the wood work. At least thats the only way I could explain it. Could be wrong.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2015-12-09 at 11:50 AM.

Must be in the minority, but I've had the same 15 people in the raid for the past 2 years of content. Cleared Heroic (mythic) SoO on 25 man, lost 2-3 players after that. We all transferred servers and raided mythic Highmaul with some losses (3-4) and then heroic BRF where we lost 4 players and just chilled with trying minimal mythic BRF and now in Mythic HFC with a solid roster of 22 from some recruits.

I really like raid leading for my guys and if I was a leader of some revolving door guild I probably would have quit awhile ago, but having the same people show up each week and become friends of mine, it keeps me playing. Attendance issues of BRF taught me the importance of constantly recruiting even if you feel like your roster is solid.

My guild has had 38 unique players be a part of at least 1 first mythic kill. Currently 12 of them do not raid/play anymore, the remaining 26 is our current raid roster. If I had to guess I'd say our turnover has been pretty low compared to most guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Here's a question: Do you think the design of Mythic raiding (that is a fixed 20 man size versus a variable lower level) has influenced this behavior?
    Mythic being fixed to 20-man likely contributed to some degree, but I think the fact that for a lot of players WoD had little to nothing to offer outside of raiding is by far the biggest cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Mythic being fixed to 20-man likely contributed to some degree, but I think the fact that for a lot of players WoD had little to nothing to offer outside of raiding is by far the biggest cause.
    Definitely, at least in the oceanic raiding community (I'm assuming other regions are the same) this expansion has been absolutely terrible for guilds disbanding and reforming and all of that good stuff.

58 players recruited here through applications and probably have to add someone else aswell that doesnt come to my mind. Only 5 are still raiding since Highmaul and we are now 12/13M with 17% wipe on archi mythic so almost done.
    Despite what some people might think only 1 out of 57 left us to get into a better guild. The rest of the people just quit or had long breaks and such but is not currently raiding anyway.
    At least the team we have now is solid and hopefully it will be better next expansion.

Been like that since around Wrath days. Turnover in mythic guilds is always high. My guild alone has had 73 unique players kill a boss with us since the start of WoD. A good guild is ALWAYS recruiting. A lame-duck guild never recruits.

50 unique players throughout expac, 44 dps, 6 heals. Class we went through most were hunters, at 18.

12 were in 1st mythic kargath kill that were in 1st mythic archimonde kill

11 were in 1st mythic lei shen kill that were in 1st mythic archimonde kill
    Last edited by Sense; 2015-12-13 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Been like that since around Wrath days. Turnover in mythic guilds is always high. My guild alone has had 73 unique players kill a boss with us since the start of WoD.
    Your guild isn't a Mythic raiding guild, though, as much as you like to bizarrely roleplay as a hardcore raider on forums, so the number of players you turned over isn't really relevant.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2015-12-11 at 01:18 AM.

My guild was 65 unique players from our kargath kill up to the release of HFC.

I'll let you know once we kill Arch., still on M. Manna. =p the turnover in my current guild hasn't been too high.

My guild has something like 12 or 15 of the people who did heroic garrosh progression still in the guild. Our turnover is silly.

People don't realize how important proper management / leadership is and how you basically have to run it the same as a small business and plan for things like turnover and unexpected shit happening where people just vanish that you would never expect to.

I should go look this up at some point for my guild for science but I'm lazy. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers pretty high up there with apps included.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has been an interesting read, thanks all for sharing. The most interesting for me was a couple of people in this thread who I have seen in class forums for a long time and I just always assumed those quite progressed people came from these really solid stable raiding teams. Interesting to see they deal with similar turn over to others.

We are only 9/13 M so I guess we have a few more tough bosses that could change up our stats prior to M Arches death. But for us.

11 of the people on our last kill where there for the 1st Mythic kill this expansion (some main changes etc though) I also looked, and 9 of them were from the Heroic (mythic) Garosh kill although that was 10 man then.

I am going to work out the full number turn over at some point, but the guild is made up of about 10 core people that, off the top of my head, I believe have been raiding together since WotLK. People have taken breaks etc and come back but yeah.

Deleted
    I'd saw that the majority of guilds could say the same story. WoD seems to have been particularly brutal for people leaving raiding, but in every expansion people will quit, change guilds, fail trial, etc. An average of two unique people per boss may even be on the low side for many guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Were "only" at Kilrogg mythic, but we been thought a good amount of people since start of expac when i think about it, prolly around 40
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The level of overturn is one of the big parts the raid leaders get frustrated and the raid as a whole gets tired of gearing or getting new people used to what they do. The worst I have seen in WoD is one of my friends guilds going through 12 tanks from BRF to now. The group as a whole is pretty much read to toss in the towel on HFC if they have to get a 13th.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."