Deleted

[Destro] Havoc/Shadowburn targetting

I've been healing for years now in mythic raiding. Planning to reroll to warlock or mage in the next expansion. Currently trying to learn destruction spec (and affliction later on).

As a dps'er I can obviously notice the different playstyle compared to healer. I feel like I know the basic principles of the destruction spec but I still have to execute it. I think the UI plays an imporant part in that.

Currently playing with elvui and I've set up weak aura's for things like Backdraft, Conflag charges and Havoc. On top of that I have Weak Aura's of all procs (trinkets, weapon enchant) as well as Bloodlust and intellect potion.

I currently have mouse over macro's for Havoc, Shadowburn and Immolate. Are mouse over macro's recommended for these spells, or not?

Using the nameplates integrated into elvui. I notice that the plates are sometimes abit messy if I have a group for 6-7 mobs. It's not always easy to target a specific mob because name plates overlap. Would something like tidyplates be better?

Another issue I sometimes have is that I "lose" the mouse cursor when using havoc/shadowburns in a group of mobs. Like quickly switching around targets to max out shadowburns. I think some people use an addon that gives your cursor a trail. Would that be good for destro?

These might be strange questions but as I've said I haven't played dps in mythic raiding for years so everything is quite new for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mouseover macros for Havoc and Shadowburn are a good call.

In the ElvUi Nameplates options you should find something that says "bring to front" for low health mobs. But I do sometimes notice it doesn't feel as 100% accurate as Tidyplates did but they didn't have that bring to front option. The other thing you may consider is under the Blizzard Interface options you can try stacking or spreading the Nameplates.

I'd also be into that mouse trail add-on. I wasn't able to find it when I last searched. I messed around with the mouse properties in windows but it was a bit too distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Mouseover macros for Havoc and Shadowburn are a good call.

In the ElvUi Nameplates options you should find something that says "bring to front" for low health mobs. But I do sometimes notice it doesn't feel as 100% accurate as Tidyplates did but they didn't have that bring to front option. The other thing you may consider is under the Blizzard Interface options you can try stacking or spreading the Nameplates.

I'd also be into that mouse trail add-on. I wasn't able to find it when I last searched. I messed around with the mouse properties in windows but it was a bit too distracting.
    I think I saw furty use a mouse trail addon in a past video but not anymore for w/e reason, I lose position of my mouse icon rarely but it does happen and bothers me a lot when it does.

Deleted
    It's called "_Cursor"