Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, nothing makes less sense than Dranei Warlocks, they are their anti. I'd see undead paladins before i saw them a lock, at least the undead could have been a paladin in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just no, it's completely against everything Draenei stand for.

Demonic magic and Demons in the heart of Exodar? You'd be killed on spot by a bunch of Vindicators.

It's not the point whether Draenei are being Eredar and whether they can be warlocks - they can, but being Draenei is almost like religion and Demons are the no.1 enemy for it with biggest betrayers being their own folk going warlocky.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-12-08 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Demonic magic and Demons in the heart of Exodar? You'd be killed on spot by a bunch of Vindicators.
    And Stormwind and Orgrimmar a okay places to do that in the open too? Warlocks are not welcome anywhere, they have to be hidden cause they are too dangerous. Still not reason to not have Draenei Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    That's just to even out the race/class balance, and they make more sense than orc or troll becoming paladins. Tauren are the closest lawful good race on the horde, even more than Blood Elves.
    Trolls have the excuse of being "Freethinkers" from ZA and ZG. The whole 'sun druid' as an excuse to wear plate mail is a bit odd though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    No, nothing makes less sense than Dranei Warlocks, they are their anti. I'd see undead paladins before i saw them a lock, at least the undead could have been a paladin in life.
    Or be like Sir Zeliek
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

Deleted
    To be fair, it IS the "make a wish" Expansion.

Eredar Warlocks pls

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know why they shouldn't be warlocks, but we got Nelf Mages (which is stupid af), so I don't think it's entirely impossible for the race/class combo to open up eventually. I'm still against it because please let us keep some element of roleplaying flavor rather than "everyone should be everything!" despite how much they'd have to twist the lore for it to happen.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-12-08 at 10:34 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

It's bullshit to deny Draenei warlocks based on lore when they go around and allow draenei to be shadow priests that use the very void magic that people like Ner'zhul and Cho'gall used to pervert the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's bullshit to deny Draenei warlocks based on lore when they go around and allow draenei to be shadow priests that use the very void magic that people like Ner'zhul and Cho'gall used to pervert the Naaru.
    The difference here being that they CAN be priests in lore, and it would be awful to block a spec for 1 race/class (for gameplay reasons). They can however block a class when the entire class is unreasonable for the race.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-12-08 at 10:39 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    To be fair that's a gameplay conceit, clearly Draenei should be priests but making them Shadow Priests is only in extension to that. You can't just bar off sections of a class due to being a certain race (that Priest design is long gone). But, Night Elf mages make the same amount of sense as Draenei Warlocks so they aren't impossible.

I don't see why you couldn't grey out the spec. I mean, we're already banning an entire set of gameplay on lore reasons so why not lop off a spec from priests if we're going to allow "lore" to reign over gameplay?

I mean, warlocks are detested in the Horde, they actually caused the orc's fall and slavery to the alliance as a result from the betrayal of gul'dan (to whom the warlock orcs belonged to), and yet somehow they all are walking around in Orgrimmar as if nothing happened.

And same goes for the alliance. Really, to say that warlocks are less tolerable to Draenei when in fact demons and fel magic are found abominable by pretty much any race that isn't forsaken/dwarf/gnome seems kind of silly to me.

Just give me Draenei Warlocks and Draenei Rogues (rengari, come on Blizzard). I know they try to justify it with bogus arbitrary rules but the truth is they just don't want to deal with accommodating animations/models for a new race much like they made us wait forever for gnome hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    To be fair that's a gameplay conceit, clearly Draenei should be priests but making them Shadow Priests is only in extension to that. You can't just bar off sections of a class due to being a certain race (that Priest design is long gone). But, Night Elf mages make the same amount of sense as Draenei Warlocks so they aren't impossible.
    Despite Night Elf were Mages from Lore POV.
    So it makes total sense that NELFs can playe Mage and Draenei can't play Locks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    Except 10,000 years ago they outlawed any practice of arcane magic, punishable by death. In practice sending people on a boat to cross a massive ocean with no guarantee that they'll land anywhere. The Shen'dralar were isolated for the rest of Night Elf society to avoid this very same fate. Fact of the matter is that until WoW disregarded the Night Elven lore, they would see arcane magic VERY much like how Draenei see demonic, as a traitor to their race.

Night Elf mages caused the worst dissaster in the history of Azeroth, yet they are now allowed and fine. It doesn't make sense at all.

Deleted
    You have no idea about the lore to be honest. Arcane magic was banned in elven society for millenia, yet look where we are today.

As I've been saying for years, lore is irrelevant, Blizzard will make it work if they want to. Draenei warlocks can work just as well as night elf mages can in game.

Deleted
    Lore aside, I'd love to have a draenei warlock. They look so much better than every alliance alternative.
    How about some sort of redeemed eredar warlocks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    Night Elf mages caused the worst dissaster in the history of Azeroth, yet they are now allowed and fine. It doesn't make sense at all.
    Nobody said that they didn't caused the worst disaster in the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    You have no idea about the lore to be honest. Arcane magic was banned in elven society for millenia, yet look where we are today.

As I've been saying for years, lore is irrelevant, Blizzard will make it work if they want to. Draenei warlocks can work just as well as night elf mages can in game.
    At a certain point of the lore Night Elfes used Arcane Magic, but I don't know any certain point in lore where a Draenei summoned Demons or used Fel Energy and was still a Draenei instead of an Eredar (Man'ari).
    That's the point.
    I mean hell yeah Draenei should be able to play every Class because Darenei > all.

At a certain point of the lore Night Elfes used Arcane Magic, but I don't know any certain point in lore where a Draenei summoned Demons or used Fel Energy and was still a Draenei instead of an Eredar (Man'ari).
    That's the point.
    There is one now: Thal'kiel. Appearently the Draenei the demo artifact (Skull of the Man'ari) is made from summoned demons and wielded void magic before Sargeras came to them. But that's just one, still subject to change and awkwardly phrased at that. Other than that, the Eredar were already masters of the Arcane. That's how Sargeras found them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Just no, it's completely against everything Draenei stand for.

It's not the point whether Draenei are being Eredar and whether they can be warlocks - they can, but being Draenei is almost like religion and Demons are the no.1 enemy for it with biggest betrayers being their own folk going warlocky.
    Last I checked the only race that allows warlocks near the heart of anything is undead.

Every other races warlocks are shunned and hated, reviled by the community at large and relegated to discreet areas separate of the main populace.

#lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    The difference here being that they CAN be priests in lore, and it would be awful to block a spec for 1 race/class (for gameplay reasons). They can however block a class when the entire class is unreasonable for the race.
    Well they *can* be warlocks in the lore as well, just not for gameplay purposes.

There's absolutely nothing in the lore stopping them from being warlocks. If velen was able to make them turn the other cheek in regards to the broken in order to learn shamanism from nobundoo even though they literally ostracized and exiled an entire sect of their people simply because they were deformed out of their control... then they can accept warlocks the same way other races do with warlocks and things like deathknights. They hate and despise the warlocks, in other races, they simply tolerate their existence because they recognize their usefulness but don't allow them anywhere near the regular folk.

I mean it's just as stupid that draenei can be mages considering their affinity to arcane magics is what drew the legion to them in the first place and serves as a beacon to draw the legion to them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    There are 2 race-class combinations that can never be.
    These are:
    Draenei warlocks - when the draenei left their erredar brothers and sisters, they did so because of fel. Unlike night elves with arcane magic, they've been proven that fel corrupts, the Legion has been chasing them for 25k years due to them not using fel magic. They've seen brothers and sisters becoming corrupted by fel, killed by demons. And this is not some old event, this happened years ago, we get corrupted draenei all over. Everything the draenei stand for is against fel magic. If there ever was a draenei warlock, whenever a regular draenei would see him/her, they'd attack said warlock. In plain day, in the middle of towns, doesn't matter. Draenei merely don't attack warlocks from other races allied with them. They don't love them, or accept them, they don't even tolerate them. They merely grind their teeth and don't attack them due to said race being allied with them, but if a warlock was in their ranks, they wouldn't need to restrain themselves.

Undead paladins - vessels filled with Light, Light destroys the undead. Do you know why sir Zeliek was kind of mad and had no control over his body? Because the Lich King was so set to keep him alive that he litteraly had to work to re-make his tissue all the time while the Light destroyed it. Without the influence of a similarly powerful being, an undead paladin could only become undead, run into battle and explode as paladins, unlike priests, are filled with Light all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Well they *can* be warlocks in the lore as well, just not for gameplay purposes.

There's absolutely nothing in the lore stopping them from being warlocks. If velen was able to make them turn the other cheek in regards to the broken in order to learn shamanism from nobundoo even though they literally ostracized and exiled an entire sect of their people simply because they were deformed out of their control... then they can accept warlocks the same way other races do with warlocks and things like deathknights. They hate and despise the warlocks, in other races, they simply tolerate their existence because they recognize their usefulness but don't allow them anywhere near the regular folk.

I mean it's just as stupid that draenei can be mages considering their affinity to arcane magics is what drew the legion to them in the first place and serves as a beacon to draw the legion to them.
    Here's the deal, the Broken, even after they became deformed and were shunned by society and became a bit primitive, even they didn't tolerate warlocks. This shows how much the draenei hate fel magic, to the point that even their deformed mind-wreck bretheren abhor it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    And Stormwind and Orgrimmar a okay places to do that in the open too? Warlocks are not welcome anywhere, they have to be hidden cause they are too dangerous. Still not reason to not have Draenei Warlocks.
    Actually, while human warlocks, for example, might not walk around the streets of Stormwind with demons in tow, they are accepted. In the book regarding the trial of Garrosh, at the end when the pirates and Dragonmaw attack, Varian signals for all to "take arms" and a bunch of warlocks start summoning demons and such. He even winks at a warlock lady at one point to let her know of his plan to attack something. So, while warlocks live in hiding in Stormwind, they wouldn't be killed on sight. If Velen was in that place, I can assure you he'd attack the warlocks too.