7+ Year Old Account

Warning: "You cannot continue mythic raids started prior to the transfer."

Reference: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...acter-transfer

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Realm-to-Realm Transfers

Before you transfer a character, keep the following limitations in mind:
    Characters can only be transferred between realms and accounts in the same region.
    Certain realms may not be eligible transfer destinations.
    You may not transfer to a realm where your character list is full.
    The character must be at least level 10. Death Knights must be at least level 60.
    Starter Edition accounts can't transfer characters.
    Active auctions or mail will prevent a transfer.
    Characters holding WoW Tokens cannot transfer.
    Raid lockouts transfer with your character.
    You cannot continue mythic raids started prior to the transfer.
    Item Restoration cannot restore items deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to the transfer.
    X-Realm Mythic and Transfer
    It's extremely disappointing that we had a pug Holy Pally yesterday for our raid that everyone really liked and as a guild we fronted the money for them to server transfer. Then couldn't raid today because their Raid ID was set to something different due to transfer. Even after opening a ticket to have them fix it the request was denied.

So as a warning don't do this if you find a pug that would like to join your guild after doing X-Realm Mythic. Just let them stay on their own server and continue using X-realm as that seems to be what Blizzard is encouraging.
    Why?
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-12-07 at 02:00 PM.

Probably not updated to reflect cross realm mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Probably not updated to reflect cross realm mythic
    Cross realm Mythic will not be enabled until after progression races are over when Legion releases, so I doubt that rule will change.

probably their fix to guilds transferring to reset ids.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    probably their fix to guilds transferring to reset ids.
    But the question is different. The OP is wondering why the transferred player couldn't continue on the same pre-transfer ID.

Same thing happened in siege people just forgot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Same thing happened in siege people just forgot.
    I'm a new player. I don't know. eeeeeeeee

The rules are very clear. Was it really that hard to wait until next id wipe for his r2r transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    But the question is different. The OP is wondering why the transferred player couldn't continue on the same pre-transfer ID.
    I take a wild guess.

Mythic IDs still use the old ID system where not single players get IDs for killed bosses, but the entire group of players is saved to the state of a raid dungeon. This ID is probably saved on the server / connected server group of the player who initiated the ID, in order to allow that ID to be progressed as one for all players registered to it. Example: you kill Mythic bosses 1 - 3 in one week, then you switch out and the rest of the group kills boss 4. If that happens you are still bound to that ID and cannot kill boss 4 in the same week. Let that and its implications sink in for a second.

Now if you transfer out of that server group the ID will be made void for you. Why not copying the ID over? Would enable players to buy and sell Mythic IDs, bad idea. Blizzard doesn't take this kind of cheating lightly in highest content, and they are keen to keep abuse of paid services as low as possible. Why not using the very same ID despite being on a different server group? Doing that would mean that you could influence the ID on that server group for players you no longer play with, or that your former mates could chose to lock you inside that ID permanently. You have to admit that wouldn't be such a great idea.

And for those reasons you cannot transfer a Mythic ID. Case closed.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2015-12-07 at 02:35 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    The rules are very clear. Was it really that hard to wait until next id wipe for his r2r transfer?
    To be fair, the information posted by Blizzard about it does say "Raid lockouts transfer with your character". I think a lot of people learned in SoO that wasn't the case, and I understand that there are likely technical limitations or its done that way to prevent abuse from cross-realm mythic. But Blizzard should update the information that they state about what does or doesn't happen.

OP - its unfortunate, but the about all you can do about it is to report to Blizzard that their information is incorrect and ask them to update it. I don't think it impacts that many people since I believe that most people who are transferring to a new guild tend to do it at the end of the reset or just after the reset but they could definitely be more clear about how the transfer will affect cross realm mythic lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    And I stated my assumption why. Also keeping the exact same id sounds odd anyways as you could continue it with a different guild as already stated by a previous poster.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2015-12-07 at 05:27 PM.

I asked a game master this sunday if with cross-realm id i can continue a mythic id. He answered me they give you a virtual id with nothing inside to prevent transfert abuse.