Thread: twitch low fps

twitch low fps

weird thing, I tried watching twitch on my moms laptop, and when I try to watch source quality I only get around 15 fps.
    googled a bit, thought maybe it's crap internet, but nope, other laptop shows 60 fps, my phone connected to the same wireless as well - high fps.
    updated drivers, didn't help.
    tried googling some more again, some people disabled hardware acceleration in chrome and it helped them - didn't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    weird thing, I tried watching twitch on my moms laptop, and when I try to watch source quality I only get around 15 fps.
    googled a bit, thought maybe it's crap internet, but nope, other laptop shows 60 fps, my phone connected to the same wireless as well - high fps.
    updated drivers, didn't help.
    tried googling some more again, some people disabled hardware acceleration in chrome and it helped them - didn't help me.
    Is your twitch using flash? Try right clicking the video and see if you can go into settings if it has that button, and turning hardware acceleration off there (because it is different then chrome's button for it). Otherwise I'd wager it's just your internet / stream quality, and also who your watching.

tried it on firefox - same shit, IE doesn't even start video, well no wonder there
    tried updating whatever else - flash, java... doesn't help

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Is your twitch using flash? Try right clicking the video and see if you can go into settings if it has that button, and turning hardware acceleration off there (because it is different then chrome's button for it). Otherwise I'd wager it's just your internet / stream quality, and also who your watching.
    not internet, not using flash, not streamer fault
    changing to another laptop on the same internet changes everytghing.
    every stream is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    laptop specs?
    also not the problem

AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.0 GHz
    8 gigs of ram

Next time ask the chat to stop spamming. Kappa
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.