Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Why people love beards so much?

As much as this is the internet, this is a serious question, and I expect a serious answer (I know that I won't get a lot of those but let's try...)

People praise beards nowadays. Why?
    If you are a man, you *must* have a beard, otherwise you'll have a baby face, or you aren't manly enough, etc etc.

In the past, women (at least where I live) didn't like beards. Nowadays, I haven't met a girl in a looooooong while that likes guys without beards.

Again, I'm not here to offend your beards. I'm here to ask your point of view in this question.

See you soon, my bearded friends.

Some people like orange juice.
    Some people dont like orange juice.
    It's the same for beards.

Deleted
    It's just a fashion fad, it will die eventually

Deleted
    Are you seriously asking for why people like different stuff ?:P

It's because men who need 2 months to grow a 3 day beard started circlejerking about their progress and need something to make themselves feel better. Grooming a beard is not worth the hazzle for me and ungroomed bears look like crap more often than not. So I either shave it off completely or let it grow until it starts itching/looking like crap.

Bears can be sexy as hell, but most of those beard worshipers have a sad excuse for an beard.

Well I Like my beard because it shapes my face and hides my weak chin. It also lets me be lazy and not shave every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    As much as this is the internet, this is a serious question, and I expect a serious answer (I know that I won't get a lot of those but let's try...)

People praise beards nowadays. Why?
    If you are a man, you *must* have a beard, otherwise you'll have a baby face, or you aren't manly enough, etc etc.

In the past, women (at least where I live) didn't like beards. Nowadays, I haven't met a girl in a looooooong while that likes guys without beards.

Again, I'm not here to offend your beards. I'm here to ask your point of view in this question.

See you soon, my bearded friends.
    They are feature defining. I do not have a strong jaw line, but my neatly trimmed and maintained beard accentuates my jaw line making it more defined. It also makes my face look a little fuller.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Maybe girls just got tired of all the effeminate metrosexual men running around. Maybe this lazy generation just can't be bothered to shave anymore. I don't know. I'm currently dating a girl that hates facial hair though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    It's because men who need 2 months to grow a 3 day beard started circlejerking about their progress and need something to make themselves feel better. Grooming a beard is not worth the hazzle for me and ungroomed bears look like crap more often than not. So I either shave it off completely or let it grow until it starts itching/looking like crap.

Bears can be sexy as hell, but most of those beard worshipers have a sad excuse for an beard.
    I use an electric trimmer to maintain my beard. I keep it at a 3 on the buzzer head. Otherwise, I just shave my neck up to my jaw line. It looks very nice, and well maintained.

Deleted
    Even during fashion phases when beards weren't "in" as they are now, girls still liked stubble / well trimmed facial hair.

The current trend for rather bushier beards is temporary.

One thing I always find amusing: the stronger the feminism in popular culture, the stronger the desire for bearded men.

Similar right now to the 1970s and early 1990s. Seems like there's some compensation going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well I Like my beard because it shapes my face and hides my weak chin. It also lets me be lazy and not shave every day.
    Exactly! It makes up for physical things that we cannot change.

Similar to why women wear make up. To accentuate their facial features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's fashionable again i guess, that's what my barber says at least and that is if you maintain it and don't go full hobo. It also makes you look older if you have a bit of a younger face, people actually estimate me more correctly on my age whilst unshaven they are easily wrong 5 years or more.

I like mine due the sheer number of compliments on my looks i got after growing and maintaining one. Very few negative comments, although it does mean more time spend maintaining it since i used to be able to just shave in like 5 to 10 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I use an electric trimmer to maintain my beard. I keep it at a 3 on the buzzer head. Otherwise, I just shave my neck up to my jaw line. It looks very nice, and well maintained.
    Yeah, those are low maintenance though.

I'm talking about people who let it all grow out and never trim it and make it look like pubic hair and circle jerk about their manliness...

It's just a fashion thing. It's the same reason people had goatees in the 90s and mustaches in the 70s. Every ten years facial hair makes a comeback.

the manly part while probably overplayed too much is because facial hair growth is affected by testosterone which inherently makes it manly.
    I don't think that other men are less manly then me because some men shave their facial hair and have a clean 'babyface' I personally don't shave it off completely first of all because I have grown used to the feeling of stubbles and because I look way too young when I am clean shaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Even during fashion phases when beards weren't "in" as they are now, girls still liked stubble / well trimmed facial hair.

The current trend for rather bushier beards is temporary.

One thing I always find amusing: the stronger the feminism in popular culture, the stronger the desire for bearded men. Similar right now to the 1970s and early 1990s.
    Let just be happy that mustaches are not in style. Nothing creepier than a dude with just a mustache.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the internet for the mob mentality of "THIS THIS IS THE BEST EVER SO AWESOME GUYS EVERYONE LOVES IT", because so many people are on the internet together validating and reinforcing each other. Same with bacon.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    90% of guys with beards think they look awesome when in reality they look stupid. It's essentially OMG THAT UNDERWEAR MODEL HAS A BEARD THEREFORE IF I GET ONE I'LL LOOK LIKE HIM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yeah, those are low maintenance though.

I'm talking about people who let it all grow out and never trim it and make it look like pubic hair and circle jerk about their manliness...
    Cyber don't make me vomit in my mouth =(
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I blame the internet for the mob mentality of "THIS THIS IS THE BEST EVER SO AWESOME GUYS EVERYONE LOVES IT", because so many people are on the internet together validating and reinforcing each other. Same with bacon.
    Who are you and what have you done to our booty queen?