Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Little boy bravely tells off man who catcalled female runner

"You shouldn't do that because she is a nice girl and I don't let anyone say mean things to people," boy says.

The Short of It

A brave little boy came to the rescue of a female runner when a catcaller started harassing her.
    The Lowdown

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes: a businessman returning a dropped wallet; a high school cheerleader recovering a lost cat; a young couple helping an elderly man cross a busy road. But for Julia Price, it was a little boy named James who saved her day.

Price was out for a run on her usual path when a well-dressed man started yelling at her, "Sexy lady, hey hey hey sexy lady!" she said, writing about the incident in a post on her Facebook page. "He kept screaming it and I decided to just ignore him and keep running."

But Price's silence only seemed to anger the man because he kept the catcalling going. She said it wasn't until he yelled, "'eff you, dumb B****!" that she ripped off her headphones and was about to yell back, but then James suddenly came to the rescue.

Here's what happened next, according to Price's post:

"This little boy who was walking alongside his mother and little sister in a stroller looked at the guy and said, 'Hey. That is not nice to say to her and she didn't like you yelling at her. You shouldn't do that because she is a nice girl and I don't let anyone say mean things to people. She's a girl like my sister and I will protect her.'

The man was immediately embarrassed and started gathering his lunch to leave. I asked the mother if I could hug the little boy (his name is James) and I told him how grateful I was for him. He just shrugged and said, 'Well I just wanted to make sure your heart was okay.'

According to his mother, this is a typical day in the life of James. Thank you so much to the mothers and fathers who are raising the next generation to be brave and courageous, and to be little earth angels for all. I am so touched."
    The Upshot

When Price's initial post received more than 900,000 likes and close to 165,000 shares, she decided to post a follow up: "Yesterday I shared one of the most moving moments of my life, having no idea that James was actually a symbol of hope for all of us. I think that there's a part of him that we all have in ourselves—that compassion and courage to stand up for others fearlessly, no matter what that looks like. I think we can look to James as an inspiration the next time we have an opportunity to be the brave one and help someone else."
    http://www.parenting.com/news-break/...-female-runner

Pretty cool eh? This young kid standing up for her like that? Hopefully we can see more heartwarming stories like this in the future.

Deleted
    Yep, goodfeel of the day!

Then again I do think the majority of people are good hearted and do the right thing.. its just more noticable when people do bad things than good..

Beautiful Story. I'm glad the little boy received coverage and positivity for what he did.

Only feminists would both condemn and approve of "damsel in distress". The doublethink is truly terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Not bad.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta start em young.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Not bad.
    Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Only feminists would both condemn and approve of "damsel in distress". The doublethink is truly terrifying.
    Well I think curtesy towards your fellow human is good nevermind the sex, orientation or ethnicity.

Deleted
    Okay...? This is more suited for a blog or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Yep, goodfeel of the day!

Then again I do think the majority of people are good hearted and do the right thing.. its just more noticable when people do bad things than good..
    It is far easier to destroy than create, after all.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Just more proof that men are the superior sex - young boy does what grown woman cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Not bad.
    Hey hey hey sexy lady!

I like this story. We all like this story. I think most guys start off like this.

Then you go through puberty in middle school. And you realize girls don't like nice guys. And then you have to decide if it's better to be a chivalrous virgin or sacrifice some of your better nature to get some snatch.

So are we just posting /r/thathappened stories now?

Since it seems the only actual evidence is the woman's claim of the story. Not that it even matters.

Wow, Tennisace, even you could do better.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I like this story. We all like this story. I think most guys start off like this.

Then you go through puberty in middle school. And you realize girls don't like nice guys. And then you have to decide if it's better to be a chivalrous virgin or sacrifice some of your better nature to get some snatch.
    They do.

Especially if you have sisters. You get it beat into your head that you have to protect them form bullies.

if you people think thats not bad, then you people have extremely low standards..

anyways..

kid is lucky it didnt get shot.... if i was his mom, i would have apologized to the nice sir, smacked the kid, and would have kept walking.

Young boy got more game than most people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    if you people think thats not bad, then you people have extremely low standards..
    She would be considered conventionally attractive to most men.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    This one did the rounds a while back and was proven BULLSHIT, to which some asshole responded "so what".
    The so what of it is that it's wrong to use a stereotype and assign unacceptable behaviour to that to reenforce your own personal agenda while painting the target of humiliation in negative light as a work of fiction.
    Because that's called 'Lying'.
    And in your case OP, it's called 'helping to spread mistruths'
    Also, middle aged business men don't hang out catcalling high school girls, they are too busy nailing trashbag corporate assistant's trying to fuck their way to the top like the whores they are.
    If you don't like me saying that, admit your own guilt and delete this thread.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Her trigger word is bitch? Hmm. I take that as a compliment...catcalling happens so often that you just get used to it after awhile, good for the little boy though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She would be considered conventionally attractive to most men.
    She seemed pretty objectively cute no matter your gender/orientation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The woman should be able to protect herself. She don't need no patriarchy savior.