10+ Year Old Account

Question Have you been insulted in BG chat/PVP for no reason?

I dont insult ppl in bgs even if they farming hks in the middle instead of going for objectives, sometimes i ask them to help with objectives but if they dont i still dont insult them. And i do not spam in BG chat like some other ppl.

I understant some ppl spam like "GO DEFEND BASE U RETARDS" i dont spam like that, im saying "guys please help to kill flag carrier" without spamming it multiple itmes and without insulting anyone

But sometimes im getting insulted for asking to going for objectives from ppl who farming hks in the middle, also was insulted for being Ret Pala in random bgs, i play Holy in pvp for 80% of time but when i join bgs is ret i see some ppl saying like "pala u retard why u are not healing us"

I specced into holy in the world questin for testing denounce+wings dps on elite mobs and healing other ppl in group quest, and i queue random bgs as Damage Dealer not as Healer but when im enterting BG im having Healer Role with Ret spec. So ppl thinking that im healer and blaming me for no healing them.

Even if i say im not healer im Ret and that im having healer role by some bug on Blizzard side they still raging

Also used to get insulted for trying help new players in bg, i saw a player without glyphs and trinkets in bg so i thot that he is new player(or bot) and said that he can get glyphs from AH for 10-15gold, but some ppl taked it not like i tryed to help him but i like was insulting him and i started to insulting me.

I remember as Holy i used to have Ret trinket equiped by incident, and one guy told me that i didnt insulted him i answered something like "thanks alot mate i didnt noticed that after changing gear"

I have played only like 250 rated 3vs3 arenas in my life and i got 1750+ rating achivs i know its casual rating even for playing without voice with random ppl, but once when i was playing 3vs3 with ppl who had like 6500 arenas played in their armory stats but 1550 rating they started insulted me for losing arena calling me something like noob or retard and then immidiatly removed me from group.

Was playing with ppl who had 2200+ achivs and Arena Master titles later and they told me stuff like "what is your exp you playing really good?" since we was winning almost evry arena with them, i answered "No man im not good i have played only like 250 rated 3x3 arenas and i dont have much exp we proly was just lucky, but anyway thanks for saying this"

If i dont like playing with some one i dont insult them im just saying that i wanna do break from arena for now. (Sometime im getting bored and wanna do break for real.)

I have 100lvl chars on both Horde and Alliance but talking about Horde experience since on my Ally char i mostly join as Merc for faster BG/Ashran queues. And i undersant there is also alot of nice ppl in pvp who dont insult others, im not generalising.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2015-12-08 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insults in Battlegrounds are quite common, one way or the other, someone is going to feel they are seated higher and believing to be better than another. I have seen it way too often, even without doing bad you can be insulted for something. I have seen high rated people getting insulted for their transmogs, and lets not open the chapter on the transmog helmets in PvP giving a lot of negative views for no damn reason.

It is a common slice of the cake, but so is finding nice people, or having a good laugh.

This is all part of what happens when you bring so many different people together.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The sad truth is that you, me and all of us need to grow a thicker skin in the internet bacause rude people can get away with being rude. Its a lot harder to insult someone face to face when they know you can break their teeth

Whats this? Random insults are getting thrown about on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    The sad truth is that you, me and all of us need to grow a thicker skin in the internet bacause rude people can get away with being rude. Its a lot harder to insult someone face to face when you know they can break your teeth
    Fix'd for ya!

Deleted
    I've been insulted billons of times by clueless people because I usually farm frags in the middle of the map whenever I play a battleground
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2015-12-08 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    BGs can be a lot of fun but ultimately they are badly designed. I swear 90% of the playerbase want to just fight in the middle. No one wants to stand still next to a flag alone while everyone else has fun. Add to that honor is now USELESS since you can get full geared in Ashran in like 3 hours there's such little incentive to win / go for objectives.

There are some things that piss me off in random BGs, mostly involving healers. If my team only has 1 healer, and I see that 1 healer making poor decisions like ignoring team fights, afking, "defending" a point at the start of the game next to the base while the team is getting slaughtered without a healer mid etc, I will let them know I'm not happy with that. Imo if you want to fuck around while playing a healer at least make sure there is another healer on the team, otherwise spec something else or do your job. I don't mind a dps contributing nothing, but I do mind the only healer on a team contributing nothing.

Not everyone agrees or understands, and that's what sparks 90% of my arguments in random BGs.

Who hasn't been?

Only when I log in and q for them

Of course. Usually it's the random trade chat dude spamming "lf 2s cap. 2.2 exp 1100cr. Don't be retarded." He stops for a few min, then starts again, presumably after playing one single game and rage quitting. This time it will be. "2s cap link 2.2 achv will inspect KNOW YOUR CLASS AND DON'T SUCK." 100% chance that guy is a dk who doesn't use blood pres because "it doesn't make a difference" but will rage at you in caps 30sec into the first game because"your dps is $&*%."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, you'll read people constantly telling others to get out of the middle in EotS - get 3 bases instead, etc. Truth is, going mid and running the flag is the best strategy. You can even win that BG with one base and constant flag caps. There's just people in there (and other BG's) that don't know the "mechanics" of it.

But hey, BG's are a place for people to learn... they just have to be willing to.
    And that's the better strat for XP.

I have a full server minus 1 of lowbie PVPers just to farm kills when I'm unsubbed. I'll farm mid or stalk healers. I'm pretty ok with how I use my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, you'll read people constantly telling others to get out of the middle in EotS - get 3 bases instead, etc. Truth is, going mid and running the flag is the best strategy. You can even win that BG with one base and constant flag caps. There's just people in there (and other BG's) that don't know the "mechanics" of it.

But hey, BG's are a place for people to learn... they just have to be willing to.
    Well I'm usually one of the people asking in chat to do the objectives since I like the win stats and usually do the BGs for the extra conquest.

EOTS is horrendous for me, If I even softly whisper "go for the flag" responses such as "FUCK YOU NOOB GET 3 BASES" "GET 4 BAESES = WIN TARD" always follow. Fucking annoying because you can only really go for 3+ bases on that map when the other team totally sucks balls (which you'll win regardless).

Another thing that also adds fuel the the raging fire is the damage stats. Anyone can look at them and it doesn't require recount. This only further entices players to drop objectives and fight in that remote corner of the map just to say at the end "OMG YOU ALL SUCK I DID DOUBLE YER DMG".

The amount of times I've lost a bloody AB because the lure of fighting ALL game at BS bridge is just too strong for 90% of players.

Insulted for no reason? Nah there was always a reason It happens though, who cares. I don't place any value on anything anyone says in chat. Outside of raids and guild chat, chat is just there for entertainment value to me.