Mythic Mannoroth -- Can someone explain the "Box Immunity" strat to help with Wraths?

Title says it all. I haven no idea how this strategy works and I don't get what it does or how it makes the fight easier. I had it suggested to me but can't find any info on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe what its referring to is having the people with wraths stand in a square and then you have people with immunities rotate into the middle of the square and soak the stacks off of all of them at the same time. It means that you don't have to worry about getting people to run out and soak the ranged stacks where you have them standing, or deal with people taking too many stacks from the melee or healer while you move around for the other fight mechanics.

I don't know if its easier than doing not doing it that way - we never used it - but its a viable strat.

I have never heard of it. My guess would be 3-4 people all get around one person that has an immunity up and they soak 8-12 stacks off 1 person instantly. Repeat with 2 more people and they will have 5-10 stacks left to clear the circle?

We still use the 3 tank strat. I just soak 25 stacks from a melee dps as soon as he gets it. I go soak more stacks from ranged players after the doom lords. I leave them around 7 stacks so that people can clear their debuff with it.
    Last edited by Solial; 2015-12-08 at 08:06 PM.

It requires a specific comp, multiple Hunters/Mages. Basic idea is that you want all 4 apart from the healer to go in a square formation, then a Hunter/Mage goes into the middle and Immunes the damage, but still depletes stacks from each Wrath.

The gain from this is that you can deplete all 4 DPS Wraths incredibly fast and make some abilities easier to deal with, for example if your DK has Wrath and he has to grip next, gets Shadowforce and can't grip, or he risks going into the ranged camp and maybe kills somebody with his Wrath. This strat is generally not that recommended anymore to newer guilds as I said it requires a specific comp to do it well

Quick paint pic for reference

Basically, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhTZ...youtu.be&t=209

Look at the people with Wrath of Gul'dan. Soaking in the box trivializes this mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I believe what its referring to is having the people with wraths stand in a square and then you have people with immunities rotate into the middle of the square and soak the stacks off of all of them at the same time. It means that you don't have to worry about getting people to run out and soak the ranged stacks where you have them standing, or deal with people taking too many stacks from the melee or healer while you move around for the other fight mechanics.

I don't know if its easier than doing not doing it that way - we never used it - but its a viable strat.
    So, the 5 Wrath's go out. We make a box with 4 of them at a corner. Where does the 5th person go and how many yards apart does each person stand in relation to the other in this box? Also, how many players/immmunities would it take? Is the purpose of this to fully rid the player of Wrath or just to lower it?

Quote Originally Posted by Layke View Post
    So, the 5 Wrath's go out. We make a box with 4 of them at a corner. Where does the 5th person go and how many yards apart does each person stand in relation to the other in this box? Also, how many players/immmunities would it take? Is the purpose of this to fully rid the player of Wrath or just to lower it?
    We had the healer stand with the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It requires a specific comp, multiple Hunters/Mages. Basic idea is that you want all 4 apart from the healer to go in a square formation, then a Hunter/Mage goes into the middle and Immunes the damage, but still depletes stacks from each Wrath.

The gain from this is that you can deplete all 4 DPS Wraths incredibly fast and make some abilities easier to deal with, for example if your DK has Wrath and he has to grip next, gets Shadowforce and can't grip, or he risks going into the ranged camp and maybe kills somebody with his Wrath. This strat is generally not that recommended anymore to newer guilds as I said it requires a specific comp to do it well

Quick paint pic for reference

We run with 2 Mages and 3 Hunters. I feel all 5 of them are some of our better players. After making the box, do you just send one in after another until all 4 DPS Wrath's are gone?

What my guilds done is have the 5th person stand outside away from the others. I did not participate too much in my guilds discussion of soaking the 5th person, but I think it's rather soaked slowly by group (for say the fears or shadowforces) or by tank. Someone with more knowledge may want to comment about that.

I think we have about 5 with immunity with an additional one as backup. You'll be trying to get rid of all the wrath stacks on the 4 players forming the box.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Like most people said you make a square with the 4 wraths and 5th one (healer) stays with the rest of the raid.

I wanna point out that we found this tactic quite easy and it doesn't "require a specific setup" at all. We did it with just 2 hunters and 1 monk (and paladins/rogues helping if any of them was not available).

If you have 2 mages and 3 hunters you'll be more than fine. Just make sure you communicate during the fight because shit can happen (probably 1-2 of them might have the wrath themselves so they wont be able to soak, someone might get pushback a bit later). And yea do it like u described on your post. First person moves in, block/detterence, next one replaces him when it runs out etc etc. If you do it properly 3 soakers are more than enough to get rid of all the stacks.

We run with 2 Mages and 3 Hunters. I feel all 5 of them are some of our better players. After making the box, do you just send one in after another until all 4 DPS Wrath's are gone?
    I belive you only need 1 Hunter and 1 Mage per 4 Wraths to pretty much get rid of all of them. Remaining ones after the 2 immunity classes can be easily dealt with by tanks(and by default Tanks can take 15+ stacks easily).

Keep in mind that your Hunters/Mages can get Wrath too, so you might have to call for switch quickly on which Mage/Hunter starts.

You can't.. there will be a shadowforce before that, so there will still be stacks on people.

So people need to get back in the group for that. If they are not targetted they can stand out and wait for people to come pick stack off them it's safer.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Watch Paragon's kill video for the square strat and copy what they do. This is what we did and it worked beautifully

Deleted
    You make the box, healer goes on raid and gets soaked by randoms(as long as ppl move away when they get high stacks should be fine), ppl in box make sure they only chain to the soaker in middle, rotate people in the middle. You should be able to remove all stacks before or during the first felseeker if done promptly.

Deleted
    Most of this is trial and error with your cordination. Once you learn it the fight becomes easier, do note that it has some downsides if a shaman get's wrath and is pushed back he is most likely dead same with a DK. BUT as everyone said, make a box of 4 people roughly split, but as long as they don't beam eachother then you're good with the range between them, but they need to hit the guy in the middle, might require some little movement to make all hit them, but you need roughly 4 soakers, so 2 mages + 2 hunters, a pally can do it aswell with bubble but more tricky, it also requires a bit of movement before you immunity breaks cause 4 wraths beams 1 target at once = insta death.

4 soakers should be enough to remove all wraths in the square. The fifth with the wrath gets' soaked by the tanks or runs around in the raid melee group and he watches the stacks he gives to people.

The debuff is 34 stacks IIRC from our tries last night, and they reduce at 1 per second.
    I asked someone about the same thing yesterday, and TBH we didn't change our strat from leaving the 2 ranged on the outer edge and the 2 melee around the boss.
    Our Hunters when they could would jump between the 2 ranged and use Deterrence, but otherwise the ranged would just soak each other for 6 stacks or so periodically until it was gone.
    The only high priority target for Wrath really was a DK getting it. Other than them you have ample time to remove it before P4.

The box strat looks good although it removes Mage DPS everytime they use IB and there's nothing to say that two of your soakers actually end up with Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    The debuff is 34 stacks IIRC from our tries last night, and they reduce at 1 per second.
    I asked someone about the same thing yesterday, and TBH we didn't change our strat from leaving the 2 ranged on the outer edge and the 2 melee around the boss.
    Our Hunters when they could would jump between the 2 ranged and use Deterrence, but otherwise the ranged would just soak each other for 6 stacks or so periodically until it was gone.
    The only high priority target for Wrath really was a DK getting it. Other than them you have ample time to remove it before P4.

The box strat looks good although it removes Mage DPS everytime they use IB and there's nothing to say that two of your soakers actually end up with Wrath
    It's 40 stacks.

Additionally, If you can.. have your mage go second in the immunity rotation as Forcenova happens during this time frame and Ice block doesn't get pushed back if your soaker happens to get picked. Having your soaker get force nova and pushed away messes the strat up in a hurry.

It's just Paragon's strat. Instead of doing what lots of guilds do and have 2 people get soaked by someone with immunities, you just do it with 4, and the setup behind the boss is to minimize overall raid movement.

The 5th just stands next to the boss and the rest of the raid can stand right next to them and move away at 7-8 stacks to soak theirs down before the first force/gaze combo since virtually no raid damage is happening during this time.