Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    can this forum afford forum engineers? I would hope so. We deserve more.

Auto-ban a certain poster whenever he comes back from his weekly week-long ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    up- and downvoting of posts would be neat
    I would prefer simple "Like" system, as on Bioware forums. Downvoting might increase toxicity of the community significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I would prefer simple "Like" system, as on Bioware forums. Downvoting might increase toxicity of the community significantly.
    Like I saw someone getting downvoted on the most recent WoW post for the Human Racial for stating it's a sad nerf for PvE, unless it's unaffected in PvE.

It's a completely rational post/question, yet it's getting downvoted just because people hate a seething hatred for the human racial. Liking is fine, go for it. Downvoting is the worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    * You are totally invited to my birthday party now!
    * Wonders if they realize they're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like I saw someone getting downvoted on the most recent WoW post for the Human Racial for stating it's a sad nerf for PvE, unless it's unaffected in PvE.

It's a completely rational post/question, yet it's getting downvoted just because people hate a seething hatred for the human racial. Liking is fine, go for it. Downvoting is the worse.
    what kills me about the whole thing is ..guess what mofos! you have to be human. Come play this form for a day mofos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You mean the original source of the image? If you're using chrome, you can right click on the avatar and hit "Search Google for Image" and see what pops up.
    I don't know if things have changed does the avatar autosize now? I had assumed any source image would be the same tiny size, but it could be I'm just tech illiterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I wouldn't add much.

But I would get rid of that shitty kiddie script running in the background lagging the damn site.

The one thing that makes this site so fucking unfriendly to post in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I wouldn't add much.

But I would get rid of that shitty kiddie script running in the background lagging the damn site.

The one thing that makes this site so fucking unfriendly to post in.
    Que ?

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Bet your a climate change denier

I'm not, but that's quite an assumption based on a dislike of someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

A way to vote out mods/posters.

I would like a gender detector so I could see everyone's real life gender.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    God no. If it's anything like Reddit's karma system, it just turns into a massive echo chamber of popular and similar opinions. Not only that, but by default the system arranges comments by most upvotes, so you you barely see new comments unless they gain traction, or you sort it yourself to newest.

Would like a notification system that alerts you when someone quotes your post though. It's tough when a new thread gains momentum or in a megathread, when you step away, it's grown 6+ pages to see if someone is debating your obviously better opinion lol.

Deleted
    the ability to see if someone quoted you

a democratic election of mods and the ability to get rid of mods hated by the community

I would add Feminism and Tipping subforums to offtopic, also a Trolling subforum for those threads made by people who are obviously just trying to cause a riot. No need to lock the thread, just redirect to the appropriate subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the ability to see if someone quoted you

a democratic election of mods and the ability to get rid of mods hated by the community
    I'd buy this if the community was even a slighter cooler dumpster fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'd buy this if the community was even a slighter cooler dumpster fire.
    Never mind the fact that every person who suggests this idea is obviously a certain kind of poster and we all know which moderator they're aiming at. It's only ever the one lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I hate that feature on some comment forums. It just deletes unpopular opinions and makes discussions a big, uninteresting circle-jerk of people all saying the same things.

My feature would be to to jump to my last post in a thread, also a jump to people who have replied to me. Sometimes I leave a thread and can't really find where I've left off very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Nope. I hate that feature on some comment forums. It just deletes unpopular opinions and makes discussions a big, uninteresting circle-jerk of people all saying the same things.

My feature would be to to jump to my last post in a thread, also a jump to people who have replied to me. Sometimes I leave a thread and can't really find where I've left off very easily
    Well, if you navigate to the forum section the thread is in, you can click the blue down arrow next to the thread number and it will bring you to where you left off, or the last post you viewed at least.

A sage function, so you can reply to a thread without bumping it.