Thread: SSD suggestion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ...or I have never bought a storage device before and this is my absolute first time dealing with it... I had no pre-existing knowledge about the subject. Like I said, if you'd understood my posts, I didn't know why it was important to put the OS on it and was under the impression I could use it secondary to my OS installed HDD. Thanks for being helpful, though.
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2015-12-11 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    ...or I have never bought a storage device before and this is my absolute first time dealing with it... I had no pre-existing knowledge about the subject. Like I said, if you'd understood my posts, I didn't know why it was important to put the OS on it and was under the impression I could use it secondary to my OS installed HDD. Thanks for being helpful, though.
    Without being a prick about it like the last guy, yeah, you want OS on SSD as well. The game doesn't just run without the OS, it communicates and gets info from the OS. It's gotta go through the OS to get to the drivers to get to the hardware, then the hardware has to talk back to the drivers, back to the OS, back to the game. Basically, the game is referencing your OS all the time. This is obviously very very simplified.

If you put the OS on the HDD and the games on the SSD, I am not sure you would notice any difference. There might be some, but you definitely want OS on your SSD. To not do so is pointless. Not stupid if you did not know that though. Very few people actually know how things work inside a computer.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhatez View Post
    If you buy an SSD and don't put your OS on it, you're just plain stupid, simple as that.
    If you're going to flame instead of just being helpful, please don't bother posting in these forums. People like you give these forums a bad image.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I think Samsung 850 EVO is better.
    I just put this in my gaming system and it's screaming now. Windows 10 loads from pushing the power button to in windows in a matters of seconds...like 4 maybe 5. It's freaking awesome.

For Data Storage I have a pair of mirrored 1TB drives and I have a Carbonite account that I use for cloud backup of all my pictures, videos, music and documents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhatez View Post
    If you buy an SSD and don't put your OS on it, you're just plain stupid, simple as that.

Infracted
    As flaming as this is, it rings somewhat true.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Not everyone knows how everything works. If you don't put your OS on your SSD you are ignorant. There is nothing wrong with being ignorant. Despite the way some people use the word, it simply means you don't know something. Not knowing is not stupid. Knowing and still doing something wrong is stupid. Nothing stupid was done.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Why would you quote a post which HAS been infracted and even mention you see it is flaming and say it's somewhat true?

Instead, word it your own way in a friendly manner.

Or better yet, if that's all you have to "add" to the conversation, don't even bother, because it does not help the OP for one second.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water