Question Idea For Demo Talent

Tethered Will
    ~Whenever your demons are about to take damage from an avoidable attack, moving will
    cause your demons to run out of the area to be affected.

In Legion, I think the mark of a good Demo Lock will be that he micro-manages his demons to keep them alive as long as possible in order to do maximum DPS. This talent would allow players who do not want to click extra buttons (command: move) to keep their demons alive, and it would allow players to save their demons while simultaneously avoiding damage themselves.

What do you think?

I'd rather have a toggle that tethers my demon's movement to my own and interrupts their casting in favor of movement. Honestly.

I don't really see what the purpose of this is? Demons already have enough avoidance to live through basically every AoE mechanic aside from when the Warlock is taking a done of damage with Soul Link on. This isn't an RTS so pet micro would just dreadful with how the game is controlled, especially with having to fight Blizzard's pet AI.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I don't really see what the purpose of this is? Demons already have enough avoidance to live through basically every AoE mechanic aside from when the Warlock is taking a done of damage with Soul Link on. This isn't an RTS so pet micro would just dreadful with how the game is controlled, especially with having to fight Blizzard's pet AI.
    I'm in favor of a system where demons die if they receive avoidable damage 2 or 3 times in a row. I think a level of demon micro would make the spec more engaging, personally. And I'm certainly in favor of an overhaul of the pet AI. Who says we have to live to with bad AI? Bliz may be working on some improvements.

I wouldnt mind more pet micro, i mean you are playing a pet class afterall

That said, it needs to be done properly, they need a better button to control, though managing just yourself is hard enough without having to remember your pet, if implemented they would need to add a benefit to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nintolak View Post
    I'm in favor of a system where demons die if they receive avoidable damage 2 or 3 times in a row. I think a level of demon micro would make the spec more engaging, personally. And I'm certainly in favor of an overhaul of the pet AI. Who says we have to live to with bad AI? Bliz may be working on some improvements.
    It would be more frustrating than engaging. Your pets already have avoidance which makes aoe damage negligible and they also avoid frontal cone attacks by moving. Also your demons are intelligent they have their own brains, they don't need you to hold their hands on their every move, they can take care of themselves.

All in all trying to manage pet movement would be one of the most unneeded changes to the class.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 90% avoidance is a compensation for the players' manual avoidance. This translates to the minion being hit by an aoe 10% of the time, which is what happens to players sometimes right lol.

And besides, how will this work when the warlock is ranged and the felguard is melee. For imp and doomguard it would be similar to the glyph that frost mages have, keeping their water elemental next to them all the time, but it only does damage when the mage is in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    It would be more frustrating than engaging. Your pets already have avoidance which makes aoe damage negligible and they also avoid frontal cone attacks by moving. Also your demons are intelligent they have their own brains, they don't need you to hold their hands on their every move, they can take care of themselves.

All in all trying to manage pet movement would be one of the most unneeded changes to the class.
    Ah, I was unaware that the demons already avoid frontal cones. And you make a good point about the demons having their own brains.