Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will I be fine raiding with affli + destro?

I have raided all HFC with a shadowpriest but I wanted to reroll to a wl for legion. Since I'm interested in mythic raiding, I went over some stats and noticed all 3 specs are used through different fights. My question is if I will be fine for a "serious" mythic raiding guild using Aflli as mainspec and Destro for offspec? Or is it better to have Affli + demo? Also I read that affli gears for mastery + haste, are those stat priorities also decent for destro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Affliction and Destruction will get you through the entire instance - and it's the 2 specs I'd recommend. Plenty of information on this forum about which spec to play/what to do for each encounter. BiS basically encourages you towards Mastery+Haste - which is fine for both specs - but you could have a few off-pieces for Destro that trade a bit of Haste for Crit if you want - but not mandatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Yes. Affliction and Destruction will get you through the entire instance - and it's the 2 specs I'd recommend. Plenty of information on this forum about which spec to play/what to do for each encounter. BiS basically encourages you towards Mastery+Haste - which is fine for both specs - but you could have a few off-pieces for Destro that trade a bit of Haste for Crit if you want - but not mandatory.
    I tried to do a quick search about which specs to go on which fights, but I didn't find anything useful. I do confess that I really don't know what to look for or where, but if you could point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful! <3

(Note: I only do heroic raiding)

Quote Originally Posted by Fukinkou View Post
    I tried to do a quick search about which specs to go on which fights, but I didn't find anything useful. I do confess that I really don't know what to look for or where, but if you could point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful! <3

(Note: I only do heroic raiding)
    HFA: Destro
    Reaver: Affli
    Council: Affli
    Kormrog: If your group already blows up the hands in ~2 seconds go Affli. If you're struggling with the hands go Destro.
    Kilrogg: Destro
    Gorefiend: Destro
    Iskar: Destro
    Zakuun: Affli
    Socrethar: Destro if on ghost duty, otherwise Affli
    Tyrant: Affli
    Xhul'horac: Destro
    Mannoroth: Destro
    Archimonde: Destro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    HFA: Destro
    Reaver: Affli
    Council: Affli
    Kormrog: If your group already blows up the hands in ~2 seconds go Affli. If you're struggling with the hands go Destro.
    Kilrogg: Destro
    Gorefiend: Destro
    Iskar: Destro
    Zakuun: Affli
    Socrethar: Destro if on ghost duty, otherwise Affli
    Tyrant: Affli
    Xhul'horac: Destro
    Mannoroth: Destro
    Archimonde: Destro
    THank you so so much for your help!
    I'm just guessing that GoSAC is the best to run with, just for simplicities sake? I know Supremacy can be used on 1-2 fights, but I think it's easier (I mean its heroic only) just to stick with GoSAC.

ATM I'm stacking mastery / haste on most pieces to make it simple for me by not having to swap gear for specs.

Deleted
    For Destro Mastery + X with highest iLevel is the best choice.
    Play GoSac only if you have T2 piece from HFC.

Set items for Destro is Shoulders, Chest, Hands, Trousers.

In my opinion Mastery + Haste is bad for Destro, I've changed my gear from 20% Haste with 13% Crit to 10% Haste and 23% Crit and the Dmg output is higher.
    Mastery + Crit or Mastery + Multistrike, use only Mastery + Haste on the set items and the Staff from Archi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukinkou View Post
    THank you so so much for your help!
    I'm just guessing that GoSAC is the best to run with, just for simplicities sake? I know Supremacy can be used on 1-2 fights, but I think it's easier (I mean its heroic only) just to stick with GoSAC.

ATM I'm stacking mastery / haste on most pieces to make it simple for me by not having to swap gear for specs.
    GoSup for Council as affli, because Sac only affects DS. You won't have much time for channeling a filler in that fight so GoSup with your imp is a solid net gain over Sac. Sac for literally everything else though.

Mastery is definitely your go-to stat for all 3 Warlock specs. If possible I'd try to balance Haste/Crit for secondary stats as much as possible to avoid swapping, but you might want to get a second opinion on that. Could be that one is favored over the other by now for a single-gear set. Personally I favored crit over haste slightly, as more fights call for Destro than Affli.

post itemlvlbuff all bosses that remained hard are destro(+mann demo)
    just do your raid a favor and go full destro gear

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    You'll be absolutely fine. The main reason people were rolling demo on a few fights is because it has the highest burst AoE, but that only really mattered when pushing content that most people would not have the gear for otherwise. It's late enough in the tier that Demo's advantages shouldn't be needed on fights like Kormrok and Mannoroth to actually down the boss for the first time.

for archie aff is fine too. i prefer go sup over go sac for that one due to the movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    For Destro Mastery + X with highest iLevel is the best choice.

Set items for Destro is Shoulders, Chest, Hands, Trousers.

In my opinion Mastery + Haste is bad for Destro, I've changed my gear from 20% Haste with 13% Crit to 10% Haste and 23% Crit and the Dmg output is higher.
    Mastery + Crit or Mastery + Multistrike, use only Mastery + Haste on the set items and the Staff from Archi.
    The sticky for each spec on this forum has suggested BiS and you're not going to find too many better options than those off-pieces.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-12-09 at 03:41 PM.

The only fight demo really matters much for is mannoroth and its only to supplement the burst aoe for the imps. If the raid already has that burst aoe and your aoe as demo is superfluous your better off just being aff.

Beyond that every fight is destro / aff depending on your strat.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    The sticky for each spec on this forum has suggested BiS and you're not going to find too many better options than those off-pieces.
    For Destro you should only have 3 Items with Mastery/Haste all others are Mastery/Crit or Mastery/Multi, at least when you only have access to HC items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Mannoroth is just fine as Destruction.

You can go full Destruction and never look back, really.

I'll then try to gear a bit hard for destro but since I don't like the spec that much I'll also get some offpieces for Affli...thanks a lot for the replies guys. I'll probably get Sandman's Pouch since it is pretty good for destro, do you think it will also do decently in CM's? Saw a list of recommended trinkets but it wasn't there, is it just terrible?

OT: Will also probably start leveling the Affliction artifact when Legion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
    I'll then try to gear a bit hard for destro but since I don't like the spec that much I'll also get some offpieces for Affli...thanks a lot for the replies guys. I'll probably get Sandman's Pouch since it is pretty good for destro, do you think it will also do decently in CM's? Saw a list of recommended trinkets but it wasn't there, is it just terrible?

OT: Will also probably start leveling the Affliction artifact when Legion hits.
    Sandman's Pouch isn't too great for CMs (or in general when compared to, for example, M GSR) due to its 2m ICD. It's essentially a backup plan.

Deleted
    If you want to raid in a competitive guild then you should be able to play all specs if necessary imo.

Many top warlocks who farm mythic at this point went affli + full haste because its just way better for ST dmg or council fights (xhul aswell).

Idk why anyone should play destro actually, if you struggle with aoe then yes, but affli can handle big priority adds with SS while maintaining very good boss dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    Many top warlocks who farm mythic at this point went affli + full haste because its just way better for ST dmg or council fights (xhul aswell).

Idk why anyone should play destro actually, if you struggle with aoe then yes, but affli can handle big priority adds with SS while maintaining very good boss dmg.
    Full Haste builds? Mastery is better for Council fights. Destro is better for a lot of fights even during farm. I wouldn't advice going full Haste ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do see some of the affliction locks going for speed kills with full haste enchants/gems but unless that's what you're after stick to Mastery.

The only Mythic encounter you may need Demonology for is Mannoroth. Having a skilled Demo lock (or two) alongside two Death Knights make the fight much easier. Although with current gear levels it is much less of a necessity, at least the Warlocks. Demonology is good on this fight because of Chaos Wave and Cataclysm, combined with other AoE spells like Immolation Aura and Felstorm. On Mythic the fight has imps that will wipe the raid if not killed fast enough so the general strategy is to grip them all together with a Death Knight and the Warlock just blows them up with AoE. Outside of this, Demonology is largely useless in HFC.

Affliction and Destruction will certainly get you through all of Heroic and every other Mythic fight. I'd recommend gearing Mastery (Haste builds are only really great for doing speed kills, which you probably aren't doing).