Deleted

"Upgrading" current build

Hi everyone!

I checked out the setups of the month on the MMO-C frontpage, and was wondering if it'd be worth it to pick up some core components from the Narwhal option.

Budget: 550€
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW, with more than 3 fps on fights like Iskar mythic. Being able to play current games is a preference as well.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): No.
    Parts that can be reused: Case, SSD, HDD, potentially RAM if it's worth it.
    Do you need an OS? No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

Current build
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Mobo: ASrock 970 Extreme3 2.0
    RAM: 2x 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
    GPU: Radeon HD7850 2GB
    PSU: XFX PRO 550W Core Edition ATX
    Case: Sharkoon T5 Value ATX
    I want to note that the original PC was assembled 4 years ago, with a very tight budget in mind. I had to repurchase a case to be able to fit the current mobo and graphic card.

I would like to switch to an intel build, and I know that this means I have to replace pretty much everything. I would like some opinions if it's worth it to pick up the CPU + MoBo (read some bad reviews on amazon?) + RAM. I am keeping the GPU for now, but it's likely I'll pick up a GTX 970 at some point, this is not part of the budget.

CPU - Intel 6600K
    Heatsink - Scythe Mugen 4
    Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A (Pro Gaming seems to get better reviews)
    Memory - 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400
    Last edited by mmoc9ad7219eee; 2015-12-09 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added narwhal spec so people don't have to go search it