Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im of the opinion that language isnt the property of anyone. It can be used mostly by a demographic, but it isnt theirs to control. Dont use it in an offensive manner meant to make fun of that culture, and everythings fine.

Which, btw, "Whose Dat" and "Whos Dey" arent meant to harm or make fun of a culture so...
    I know, but wouldn't you think it's silly or out of place for a white and nerdy guy to say that stuff? Whereas you'd think it 'fits' for some thug black guy to say it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I know, but wouldn't you think it's silly or out of place for a white and nerdy guy to say that stuff? Whereas you'd think it 'fits' for some thug black guy to say it.
    I'm willing to bet that most people that use "dey" are drunk white people in Paul Brown Stadium. It's a good fit for the aptomsphere there.

Not at all. One of my neighbors who is white, talks like hes black. But he is originally from the south and that is just how they talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I know.. we could just scream Olay all day.
    There's actually a bunch of different ways to say olé at a bullfight, each variation of the inflection of the word means something different. Unless you're talking about Oil of Olay and not olé, of course.

I'm willing to bet that most people that use "dey" are drunk white people in Paul Brown Stadium. It's a good fit for the aptomsphere there.
    It does seem like it's a southern thing. Like saying "ya'll" - blacks just took that from the south to the north, but i think northerners never made the connection and just saw it as black talk.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't have a monopoly on stupid.

most football fans in Ohio are just Ohio State most Bengal fans are in Kentucky
    https://interactive.twitter.com/nfl_...=team&team=all

If its accurate its interesting. Like Washington County, ID is Carolina Panthers territory??!? Its like 1800 Panther fans just all decided to move there for some reason.

Or Washington County, NC is Texans county.... they get lost? LOL

People are so sensitive.... Who dey? I guess I should be offended the Atlanta Falcons use a gospel choir for "Rise Up" and Samuel L Jackson for the ads.... Why? Stop being so sensitive. Racist won't die until we see ourselves as one...
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2015-12-09 at 11:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

If its accurate its interesting. Like Washington County, ID is Carolina Panthers territory??!? Its like 1800 Panther fans just all decided to move there for some reason.

People are so sensitive.... Who dey? I guess I should be offended the Atlanta Falcons use a gospel choir for "Rise Up" and Samuel L Jackson for the ads.... Why? Stop being so sensitive. Racist won't die until we see ourselves as one...
    I might've been a bit off.

Bengals message boards are loaded with a bunch of southern people.

There's never a republican frontrunner too far away from a sig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Can't we just get back to the ickey shuffle?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bud! I know you were talking about me!
    Get COld cuts!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Bengals were using "Who dey" before the Saints started using "Who dat".

Being a Browns fan, I know these things. I also know what failure looks like, and I get to re-experience it every goddamn year because Cleveland is sports hell.
    Huh, it has been used in Jazz for a long while.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Cincy, my husband was born and raised here. This is the first I've heard of someone being offended by this. It's a horrible chant yes, but offensive? lol

Here is the origin though for those interested lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

amd of course, some counties in SC and a bunch in Virginia are Cowboy fans.

AMERICAS TEAM!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHealWithBandaids View Post
    Bro you hate everything about America. We get it.
    Must be why I love going to New York so much, because I hate it...hmm