Old Romances in KOTFE?

Anyone knows what happens to them? I finished the first 9 chapters of fallen empire on my inquisitor, and romanced Lana, because I never romanced anyone on the inq, didn't like any of the choices.

That being said, I'm hesitant to start on my Knight and my Warrior. They romanced Kira and Jaessa respectively, and before I start I need to know if romancing Lana has any consequences to the Kira/Jaessa romances. I mean, what if I refuse to romance Lana on my warrior, only to find out later on that Jaessa is just never gonna be back as a girlfriend/wife anymore?

D=

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

That's the chance you take.

Supposedly those old romances are going to be honored and if you stayed true to them they will still be your significant other when you find them again, but you have no guarantees. You probably won't see most of them again for a year+ anyways.

so at the moment NONE of the vanilla romances show up? not one? Quinn? Mako? Kira? Corso? Doc? nobody?

That really sucks.

In the first 9 chapters none of them are back. In chapter 10 Kaliyo comes back. We know from datamining that Vette and Torian show up before the end of chapter 16. I think a couple more show up as well, but I don't remember who anymore... I think Quinn might be one of them, but don't hold me to it.

Kira, Mako and Jaesa do NOT show up at all in the first 16 chapters according to the datamined information. Chapter 16 releases in August, so I wouldn't expect season 2 to come until December 2016 - Feb 2017. Even then you might not see Kira, Mako or Jaesa for months if they end up in the later chapters of that season. Those are 3 of the more popular romances, so expect them to hold them as long as possible.

Obviously anything datamined is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Kira, Mako and Jaesa do NOT show up at all in the first 16 chapters according to the datamined information.
    But....... but....... but..... those three are my favorites out of the entire 19 vanilla romances

Those are 3 of the more popular romances, so expect them to hold them as long as possible.
    And I thought George R R Martin was a sick motherfucker who loved to torture his fans.

He's a patron saint next to the writers of this expansion T_T

Deleted
    Well that must be the only good thing about being stuck at lvl50, I get to keep my companions forever.
    Now if only I haven't made my marauder female. Don't like Quinn or Pierce and I'm not letting them anywhere near my light side lady sith.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    Well that must be the only good thing about being stuck at lvl50, I get to keep my companions forever.
    If you don't want to wait, you can get them back once you reach Odessen in the storyline. There's a console (looks like a galaxy map) in the small room next to the smuggler room in the base. It shows only 3 at a time though, but reclaiming one of them pops up a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Jaesa swing both ways like Lana?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Does Jaesa swing both ways like Lana?
    Nope, all old companions are hetero. BioWare only started adding in same sex romance options with Makeb (NPC's) and RotHC (Lana and the other dude).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Makeb (NPC's)
    If one can even call that a "romance". All it is, is just one-sided flirting that goes nowhere, and at one point, a "can I get a kiss for good luck?" scene. Once this is over, you never near from them again, and the whole thing leads to nowhere (Unlike Lana or Theron, who you can continue to woo in Fallen Empire)

But yes, the vanilla romances are still very much hetero. At least on the vanilla game. Who knows if they'll have plans to FINALLY make them bi in fallen empire? I can dream yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    In the first 9 chapters none of them are back. In chapter 10 Kaliyo comes back. We know from datamining that Vette and Torian show up before the end of chapter 16. I think a couple more show up as well, but I don't remember who anymore... I think Quinn might be one of them, but don't hold me to it.

Kira, Mako and Jaesa do NOT show up at all in the first 16 chapters according to the datamined information. Chapter 16 releases in August, so I wouldn't expect season 2 to come until December 2016 - Feb 2017. Even then you might not see Kira, Mako or Jaesa for months if they end up in the later chapters of that season. Those are 3 of the more popular romances, so expect them to hold them as long as possible.

Obviously anything datamined is subject to change.
    Regarding your spoilers/returning companions in Season 1 (datamining spoilers)

Quinn is not returning in season 1. Kaliyo is returning next chapter. Jorgan is in chapter 11 (and I think 12 too). Gault, while not a love interest, is in the main story too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But yes, the vanilla romances are still very much hetero. At least on the vanilla game. Who knows if they'll have plans to FINALLY make them bi in fallen empire? I can dream yes?
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. So far, companion interactions (outside of story cutscenes) have been very limited and Bioware's generally superficial treatment of class flavor/companions/etc. in the expansion doesn't give me much hope for the romances either.

Overall, I really dislike how they've handled the class companions in KotFE - the romanced ones are having their returns dragged out so Bioware can extend the content while the non-romanced ones barely get any content/conversations (nothing says happy reunion like my inquisitor finding Talos and him having one or two lines about seeing her while doesn't say anything thanks to the cost-cutting, I mean homage to KotoR, of Alliance style of conversations). I am also pretty pissed that none of my favorite companions/romances (Elara and Vector in particular) are going to take so long to come back.
    Last edited by Lesaberisa; 2015-12-15 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesaberisa View Post
    I am also pretty pissed that none of my favorite companions/romances (Elara and Vector in particular) are going to take so long to come back.
    Yeah this is what I've been saying. People wanted extensions of the companions stories for the handful of companions they liked... which was almost exclusively romance companions. Instead we got this. It will be at least a year before you get back the ones you really liked for most people. I have well over 20 or 30 companions now on my jugg and sentinel and I don't know that I really care about more then 3 of them. If you decided to romance one of the 3 new options the story ended before you could really get into it.

I also don't think chapter 9 was a good place to put a 4 month pause in the story. It didn't end with enough of a hook to really draw you back in. The only reason I might continue to sub monthly is that Legion won't be out yet. There is still a good chance I won't renew in January and just wait until March or something to come back and do 2-3 chapter at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    If one can even call that a "romance". All it is, is just one-sided flirting that goes nowhere, and at one point, a "can I get a kiss for good luck?" scene. Once this is over, you never near from them again, and the whole thing leads to nowhere (Unlike Lana or Theron, who you can continue to woo in Fallen Empire)

I don't think this would fit with all companions. Corso, Tharan Cedrax and Doc come to mind. These three were made to be ladies' men. Quinn on the other hand...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    If one were to look for datamined..date, knowing full well he's looking for spoilers, where would he/she look?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggron View Post
    If one were to look for datamined..date, knowing full well he's looking for spoilers, where would he/she look?
    https://twitter.com/swtor_miner?lang=en

Pretty sure this dude would be your best bet for all things datamined.

https://torcommunity.com/
    ^ Is the place to go if you just want general information from datamining.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/
    ^ Is probably the best place to discuss SWTOR. Anything big, official or datamined, will show up there rather quickly.