Any macro/script that saves keybinds for specific character/class/specs?

I have this issue where when I change specs from say Windwalker to Mistweaver I need to pretty much change my binds and it's annoying have to change them every time I respec. I'd like be able to have a script or macro..

I've seen it done on a twitch stream before but I am not registered on their so wasn't able to ask.

I use binder to save my keybinds per spec http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/binder and action bar saver to save my bars (so I can have more than two specs saved) http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/action-bar-saver

I can't think of a way to fit it into a single macro.

yep, Thats the addons I use, too. actionbarsaver is a huge, huge help switching zu 3rd specc.

The only thing I try to figure out is a command (or selfmade addon) that saves talent-gear-and glyph-profiles and toggle them with one hotkey. That would be huge.

A combination of /equipset, /usetalents and a call to ABS/Binder could get you gear/specialization/bars/binds. Doubt you could fit a glyph/talent config into a macro however. If you want to make an addon I'd start by looking at how QuickTalents changes them as it works pretty well and will give you a pretty good foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    A combination of /equipset, /usetalents and a call to ABS/Binder could get you gear/specialization/bars/binds. Doubt you could fit a glyph/talent config into a macro however. If you want to make an addon I'd start by looking at how QuickTalents changes them as it works pretty well and will give you a pretty good foundation.
    Would be awesome.
    I found some commands for single glyphchanging that fit into a macro. But I could not test it yet.

I know that it isn't a solution for "now", but come Legion and the removal of current dual-spec format, you will have for each of your specs what dual spec offers to them now.
    It just isn't good for players that had two of one spec saved differently for different content, so those will have to resort to the addons route.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I know that it isn't a solution for "now", but come Legion and the removal of current dual-spec format, you will have for each of your specs what dual spec offers to them now.
    It just isn't good for players that had two of one spec saved differently for different content, so those will have to resort to the addons route.
    Also it isnt a solution for players who also do pve and pvp stuff with several speccs. But as glyphs will disappear anyway...what I'm curious about is if its possible to change/reset your artifact-skills at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    Also it isnt a solution for players who also do pve and pvp stuff with several speccs. But as glyphs will disappear anyway...what I'm curious about is if its possible to change/reset your artifact-skills at any time.
    Details have not been given, only that blizzard said that artifact talents can be reset "for a cost".
    It is not meant to be a trivial decision by the sound of it, something we aren't meant to be doing regularly.

And I agree with that.
    We don't need yet another system where it is community dictated that we just switch it constantly to what will give a small increase, some "optimal" setup.
    If it is genuinely unrealistic to change it regularly we might see more variation in what players are using, I hope.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Right. I mean..just imagine you have a class with that you play both pve and pvp. Pve with all 3 speccs and pvp maybe with 2. and you do solo content and dungeons and Challengemodes. With several speccs, depending on what's needed.

And I'm not a fool to believe that cookie-cutter builds for every szenario are gone.

So, basically we will have: Talents, Artifact-Traits and PvP Talents that we have to swap around every. fucking. time. for the best results.

And now, imagine you play maybe 2 or 3 or even more characters actively.

Have fun I can already hear them scream "FUCK! Wrong Talent!"

Bartender4 will take care of this for you. If you don't want add ons you can macro each tier talent to one key and have it show the tooltip for the selected talent.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    Right. I mean..just imagine you have a class with that you play both pve and pvp. Pve with all 3 speccs and pvp maybe with 2. and you do solo content and dungeons and Challengemodes. With several speccs, depending on what's needed.

And I'm not a fool to believe that cookie-cutter builds for every szenario are gone.

So, basically we will have: Talents, Artifact-Traits and PvP Talents that we have to swap around every. fucking. time. for the best results.

And now, imagine you play maybe 2 or 3 or even more characters actively.

Have fun I can already hear them scream "FUCK! Wrong Talent!"
    Artifact talents are not going to be changed so readily, "with a cost" blizzard have said.
    Unfortunately that is a community problem, and they always dictate there are optimal choices however blizzard implements the features.
    With any mechanical choice, one that isn't purely cosmetic there is an optimal one.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-11 at 06:53 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Form and spec macros do work with monks and their stances for the most part. But for some reason the Mistweaver ability Renewing Mist just flat out will not work in a macro that has both form and mouseover conditionals in it.

For Example:

#showtooltip
    /cast [spec:1] Rising Sun Kick; [spec:2] Keg Smash (Assuming WW is your "First" spec, and BrM as your second.)

These should work just fine for switching specs on your talent page, but if you are actually repseccing at the trainer, you will ofc still have to edit your macros.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-12-11 at 06:55 PM.