[Comics] Top 5 Most Popular Superheroes?

OK, after running across an article about the old MMO, City of Heroes, I got a little nostalgic and started reading comics again. Being away from comics since, maybe, the 90's, I have no idea what comics are worth reading any more.
    So, I came up with a plan: Ask the MMO-Champion community who the top 5 most popular superheroes are, then read their comics.

Based on what I know, and absolutely no scientific data, I'd say the most popular superheroes are:

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Spiderman
    4. Wonderwoman
    5. Wolverine

But, what's the ACTUAL top 5 most popular superheroes now'a'days?

No love for Aquamans.

Something like that I would say :

1)Batman because he's Batman
    2)Iron Man
    3)Wolverine
    4)Superman
    5)Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    OK, after running across an article about the old MMO, City of Heroes, I got a little nostalgic and started reading comics again. Being away from comics since, maybe, the 90's, I have no idea what comics are worth reading any more.
    So, I came up with a plan: Ask the MMO-Champion community who the top 5 most popular superheroes are, then read their comics.

Based on what I know, and absolutely no scientific data, I'd say the most popular superheroes are:

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Spiderman
    4. Wonderwoman
    5. Wolverine

But, what's the ACTUAL top 5 most popular superheroes now'a'days?
    In the current environment, with much of superhero popularity being based on the movies, I'd suspect Iron Man tops Wonder Woman, possibly Cap America does as well. Maybe the release of Batman vs Superman or whatever will change that.

Batman
    Iron Man
    Wolverine
    Spider-Man
    Captain America

Many of my friends have children and this seems to be the order based on what they are into, what toys they like, etc. Most people's experience with comic heroes is in movie form these days, and DC just doesn't bring it like Marvel does when it comes to the box office.

Accoring to IGN Top 10 are http://www.ign.com/top/comic-book-heroes/1

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Spider-Man
    4. Wolverine
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Captain America
    7. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    8. The Flash (Wally West)
    9. The Hulk
    10. Daredevil