Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The movie looks awful, the CGI looks awful, the "humor" seems cringeworthy, Michael Bay and Megan Fox are involved...it's like they made a list of my reasons not to see a movie, and made a point of checking off as many boxes as possible.

I think this is Douchebag Turtles the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    It was better than the last one, but I hated the last one so......

Pros: Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome. You saw more of the turtles.

Cons: Same crappy close up camera jarring that Bay is famous for. Seriously, take about 5 steps back. Krang was retarded. His suit was cool, but he was playing too hard on the "Saturday morning bad guy" theme.

Deleted

Deleted
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - Review (with spoilers)

Cinemassacre
    Jun 8, 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of pretty bad plotholes covered by "Donatello is a computer genius so he magically just knows a lot of stuff". Definitely had a strong Saturday morning cartoon vibe. And most importantly lots of great hits to nostalgia - Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome, as was the truck firing manhole covers. Krang was kind of dumb and wasted, but was fun to see anyway. I'm pretty sure my mid-30s self watching the original movies would've had the same complaints - its not like they were amazing storylines back then either. Overall I enjoyed the movie, it was more fun than the first one.

I saw this 2 weeks ago, so I'll just summarize my general thoughts:

Bebop and Rocksteady were great in both human and mutant form.

There was not enough Bebop and Rocksteady, and I was disappointed they never really fought the turtles directly.

There wasn't really any proper fights at all, now that I think back on it, they didn't even really seem to use their weapons that much. Mostly the turtles just jumped around and argued. Even the last scene was mostly casey running around from and then tricking bebop and rocksteady (note: crapsey jones "fought" them at the end...not the turles)

Stephen Amell's Casey Jones was horrible. For some reason, he's a cop. He doesn't need to be, but he is for some reason. Despite this, he's WAY less capable than he should be, and he kind of seems like he's a rookie. Past his introduction, he just kind of seems like he's hanging around, when he's not really wanted or needed.

Meagan Fox is still a horrible April O'Neil. Thankfully much less screen time. Given how tame the film is, it just strikes me as stupid she has a fanservice scene.

I liked Baxter Stockman. He was amusing. He's nothing like the brutal bastard he is in the comics, but I have a feeling we're unlikely to see that version outside of the original comic.

Why does Shredder spend most of the movies sans armor?

When he does suit up, he looks stupid.

Karai barely speaks or does anything, and then APRIL O'FOX is able to knock her out?

Why was Shredder dumb enough to think Krang wouldn't backstab? Seriously, he just believes a weird alien he meets for one second is going to help him? Even the cartoon Shredder wasn't that stupid (Remember he refused to get Krang a body for that very reason!)

And when he does "team up" with Krang? He's slapped around like a little bitch and frozen. SO he basically does shit all in this film...AGAIN!

Krang looks cool, I'm actually pleased 100% with Krang, Brad Garret even does a good version of the Krang voice. The original is still best, but his take wasn't bad.

Will Arnett is a funny guy....but I freaking hate his character here. He's not really like his cartoon namesake, his scenes are not amusing and when he's on screen it usually means the turtles are not.

The turtles still are very ugly, and I still hate their stupid accessories.

The "we could turn human!" bit was stupid, I think we could have done without that source of conflict.

Overall, it was ok. For the most part. the turtles felt more like acrobats than ninja though, they mostly jump around and don't fight.
    It's still better than the trash that was the 1st one, but the original film from the 90s just craps all over this series. That said, if it gets a sequel with more Krang, more bebop and rocksteady, no april and no crapsey jones, I'll be down for that.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2016-06-19 at 08:54 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom