Thread: Deadbeats

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I wouldn't say you're an MRA or anything like that. You're clearly just a homophobe who wants to prevent gay people from raising children.
    You will recall that I specifically said that I don't mind gay couples (or any groups of individuals for that matter) adopting provided there is no alternative for the child and provided they are vetted as responsible adults.

Gays however do not have an automatic right to parent as they cannot conceive a child of their own. Adoption is a privilege not a right. You go through a process and if you're suitable you get the kid. If not, tough shit.

"Marriage equality" is bogus. We should do our best to find orphans a mother and a father and maybe THEN consider alternatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    How the heck is that any different from what I just said?
    Look dude, I'm not obligated to give you a dollar I'm also not prevented from giving you a dollar, see how that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    no gay marriage, there is no basis in either the US or other country's constitution for this
    Oh! He missed the 10th Amendment, and those State votes.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan
    Look dude, I'm not obligated to give you a dollar I'm also not prevented from giving you a dollar, see how that works?
    But the government is not a person, it is a public institution. You really don't see a difference?

Ok, let's start it again. You said that there are ways to amend the constitution, right? Would you support an amendment that gave gays the same marriage rights as straight people? Because if your problem with gay marriage is the constitution, that can be fixed, according to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    So this thread actually has nothing to do with deadbeats?
    or reality...

I'm 100% against traditional one man one woman marriage. The Constitution doesn't say anything about it, so it shouldn't exist.

/sarcasm.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stop hitting my face against my desk. I refuse to believe this is a real person. This has to be a super extreme satirical portrayal of internet trolling. The former would be far sadder lol.

if you're anti-feminism then you either have no idea what feminism truly is or you're confusing it with misandry or making a sweeping generalization based on the few radical feminists who rubbed you the wrong way/aren't truly feminist. The same type of people that use the hashtag #NotAllMen...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Gays however do not have an automatic right to parent as they cannot conceive a child of their own
    So if a gay man decides to force himself to have sex with a woman in order to have a child, that would be ok? But giving her his sperm so that she can impregnate herself is not?

What about heterosexual couples who have fertility problems? Do they lose the right to parent because they cannot conceive a child of their own?

I think your argument is rather horrendous and certainly devoid of any empathy for other human beings. I can accept that society needs to do something about people who create children and then dodge the responsibility of raising them, but when a parent wants a child and actually commits to the responsibility of raising said child properly, then I think it would be pretty stupid to exclude them from doing so just because their method of conception is somewhat unorthodox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    But the government is not a person, it is a public institution. You really don't see a difference?

Ok, let's start it again. You said that there are ways to amend the constitution, right? Would you support an amendment that gave gays the same marriage rights as straight people? Because if your problem with gay marriage is the constitution, that can be fixed, according to you.
    No I wouldn't because an opposite sex union is fundamentally different from a same sex union. And I mean biologically. One can produce children the other cannot and marriage is primarily a reproductive union.

If you want a gay union, don't call it marriage. Call it whatever you want, just don't force us to call it marriage and don't demand free stuff, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So if a gay man decides to force himself to have sex with a woman in order to have a child, that would be ok? But giving her his sperm so that she can impregnate herself is not?
    Are you insane? When have we ever tolerated rape?