Arms: CM Trinkets

Hi, what trinkets should I use for cm as arms?

Is Scabbard still the king? If yes, I'll buy one.

And what should I use as a 2nd trinket? I got all the hfc trinkets and tectus' beating heart currently in my bags.

Happy to hear your opinions.

Cheers

Skull of War and Tectus are both good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Hi, what trinkets should I use for cm as arms?

Is Scabbard still the king? If yes, I'll buy one.

And what should I use as a 2nd trinket? I got all the hfc trinkets and tectus' beating heart currently in my bags.

Happy to hear your opinions.

Cheers
    Can't speak to arms warriors specifically but to my knowledge scabbard cannot go wrong and then a second main stat W/proc trinket is always enough to get by.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Mythic Tectus is quite good, scabbard is still king however. I'm planning on using scabbard plus mythic tectus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Mythic Tectus is quite good, scabbard is still king however. I'm planning on using scabbard plus mythic tectus.
    Don't think it matters if it's mythic or not.

Scabbard is nice but I am pretty sure unending hunger + tectus are perfectly fine especially if you just want to get a chill gold run.

7+ Year Old Account
    The main thing is to stay ontop of rude interruption. You do that and you could roll through in all blues lol.

Deleted
    Grontooth is pretty good trinket also, but tectus (in place of Gronntooth) might be better because of the crit proc stacked with reck during AoE is really strong.

But as has been stated, Scabbard is really good because you can stack it with CD's and Bladestorm.

EDH is not bad either, its better on challenge mode sims than Tectus for pure single target. Unless I'm mistaken and haven't properly simmed it.

Edit: but you can still get easy chill golds even with PvP trinkets so don't stress out so much with those l33t trinkets.

I used the following because I didn't have EDH.

Trash: Discordant Chorus + Scabbard
    Boss: Tectus' Beating Heart + Scabbard

If you really want to boost your damage, carry x2 gear sets optimized for trash (crit + multistrike) and boss (crit + mastery). You can create a gear set for each optimization then drag the icon to your action bar and swap before the boss pulls.
    Last edited by G-Seven; 2015-12-10 at 03:50 PM. Reason: clarification

Deleted
    I used Scabbard and Unending Hunger just last week and got 8/8 in 3 nights. I have every trinket but found the crit from UH super useful when my crit was so low in 630ilvl gear.

If you really want to boost your damage, carry x2 gear sets optimized for trash (crit + multistrike) and boss (crit + mastery). You can create a gear set for each optimization then drag the icon to your action bar and swap before the boss pulls.
    This is great advice. Also have dual spec and set them both to Arms. Spec 1 as Trash (Bladestorm and Shockwave) and Spec 2 as Single Target (bloodbath/avatar and stormbolt etc.). You don't absolutely need to go in this much depth, but our single target is that bad in CMs that it isn't a bad idea in all honestly and you'll be super useful on trash and also carry your weight on single target boss fights.

Good luck!

Arms ST is bad no matter what at that level, crit + mastery gear won't help much. If the group is spending too much time on group fights then it's a group issue, not the Warrior's ST. Make up time by Bladestorming large packs in 5-10 seconds and execute cleaving. Focus on that and it will be no problem. Be conscious of the use of Reck, save it for mid-big pulls as it's more useful for those rather than using it for a Mortal strike or two and some whirlwind's on a boss.

I would go Scabbard + Unending Hunger.

If you look at Tectus you're not getting much bang for your buck at all, it was good at the time because it was the only decent trinket available. I still see people recommending Tectus as the best option based on guides that were made pre Blackrock Foundry release. I don't know what all the CM boosting groups run Warrior wise but Fury has a much stronger Bladestorm burst and if you look at trinkets like Horn of Screaming Spirits you're getting more passive strength than Tectus with an identical value proc (but Mastery instead of Crit).

Scabbard is obviously the king of the hill, since the name of the game is burst and no trinket compares, otherwise I'd run Unending Hunger for that healthy chunk of Crit and the proc which has a great uptime at 20s duration and 1ppm (much higher than tectus 10s 0.92ppm). I guess there is some argument that the build up time of UH can have a negative effect on the potential burst.

I guess whether Arms/Fury depends on the makeup of the rest of the group, Arms cleaving is vastly superior to Fury Meatcleaving and Fury is not that far ahead on single target, but it's definitely quite a bit ahead when you're in full on AOE.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-11 at 06:24 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I did my golds with Scabbard and Vial of Convulsive Shadows with Bladestorm and Anger Management. With 2 use trinkets, you can boost your BS dmg nicely. Propably not worth it if your grp aoe dps is high. For boss dps, UH or few else trinkets are better than Vial I think.

i honestly spent alot of time theroy crafting and simming for cms cause i thought its fun. my conclussion:

fury: edh and chorus with two 1h all the way for single target and aoe

if you have really big pulls you might need kyanos but if you are just going for Gold you dont have that and the other two trinkets are defenetly better. They give you loads of strengths and the procs are really good on aoe and good on single target plus they scale both with 1h fast attacks and 1h is better anyways with low item Level.

i still believe this is by far the best setup if you want to do golds and have no monster pulls where you need kyanos burst