Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    Deleted

Feminists unintentionally being sexist

Firstly i'm for gender equality, I don't think many are against that however I have noticed a number of self proclaimed feminists on my FB (and in some games) leaving comments that myself would consider sexist towards men. Usually these comments are anecdotal generalizations presented as facts. Now I support feminists in their equality fight, but I find it counterintuitive to fight sexism with sexism. Curious what y'all think, especially feminists.

NOTE: Try to be civil and avoid buzzwords like feminazi and memes please

Feminism is always and intentionally sexist. It's a sexist movement in the western world.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, women can be sexist too. /thread
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Feminism is always and intentionally sexist. It's a sexist movement in the western world.
    I agree with my non-evolved associate.

Feminism started off as a decent movement, but today? It's all about special treatment and female superiority.

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be confusing a movement for equality concentrating on women's issues with the belief that the other gender is inferior.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    That's an incorrect statement

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You seem to be confusing a movement for equality concentrating on women's issues with the belief that the other gender is inferior.
    And you seem to still think that movement is still for equality like it was when it first started. Movements change. Leadership change.

Feminists now are a joke to what they were. They really need to rebrand themselves.

Probably terfs. Terfs are assholes to anything they consider to be a man.

Deleted
    Yes, women can be sexist too. /thread
    I understand that, but it's a little frustrating when said people won't admit their comment is sexist

"everything is sexist" -Anita Sarkeesian

There's no arguing with these people. You lose by default.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2015-12-11 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And you seem to still think that movement is still for equality like it was when it first started. Movements change. Leadership change.

Feminists now are a joke to what they were. They really need to rebrand themselves.
    Again you're spending too much time online

If feminism was about equality it wouldn't be called feminism.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Pretty much.

Feminism now is a female-supremacist hate movement based on paranoid hatred of men.

Patriarchy theory, rape culture, etc - these are the same delusional conspiracy theory views of the world espoused by other hate movements - like Nazis who believed the world was secretly controlled by Jews who wanted to destroy Germany and rape pure Aryan women, like feminists claim the world has always been run entirely by men who just want to rape all the women and "keep all women down".

The fact that there are university courses where this hate speech is taught is a likely reason why the extreme left has become such a dangerous political force.

And why President Trump might just be the president the world needs right now.

EDIT: Just to note the title: "Feminists unintentionally being sexist" <-- wrong, feminists are very intentionally sexist.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-12-11 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's an incorrect statement
    It's called Feminism...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I understand that, but it's a little frustrating when said people won't admit their comment is sexist
    It can be, and it works both ways. A lot of people on both sides do it.

It's no secret that modern-day feminism doesn't want equality, they want superiority.

If an equal rights movement used any other name, it wouldn't get much attention. Feminism is just about branding at this point. Patriarchy theory isn't very common in those who "claim to be feminists".

Anyone being sexist (and/or racist) will tell you that's something only a white male can be, which is in and on itself sexist (and/or racist). Quite a vicious circle really.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can debate just how much it is about "equality" when it's only concentrating on issues where women are lesser socially than men. To me "omg you aren't helping me with my issues so you don't want equality" is a pretty idiotic statement, but whatever, you're entitled to your warped opinion.

What you can't debate in the least is that it is a "sexist" movement, because sexist would involve it harboring the belief that men are lesser.

I'm not convinced all feminists are sexist, though certainly there's a large group that are. It's a broad movement with almost no barrier to entry, there's always gonna be shit people involved.

What's important is that you're able to call them on their sexism without them being able to shield themselves under any kinda of protection they think can be declared from following this movement. Unfortunately, this is where many are currently able to escape.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh